Paddy's New Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So this was just sent over to me from a great source. Apparently Paddy has not been too thrilled with his Wilson Staff Driver and decided to make a switch this weekend. Looks like a Taylormade R9 to me.

506195643_32Zci-L-1.jpg

That's surprising, all I've read and heard is that Paddy LOVES the Smooth :confused2:. But I must say he has good taste in drivers :D. I'm curious though JB, do you know what shaft he is playing in his R9?

Does Wilson make good pro-line clubs? I can't imagine Paddy is happy when there is Nike, TaylorMade, Ping, etc. out there.

Does Wilson make good pro-line clubs? I can't imagine Paddy is happy when there is Nike, TaylorMade, Ping, etc. out there.

They make some really solid line of clubs, I could game a full Wilson Staff bag for sure.

• Admin
That's surprising, all I've read and heard is that Paddy LOVES the Smooth :confused2:. But I must say he has good taste in drivers :D. I'm curious though JB, do you know what shaft he is playing in his R9?

I do not know, but will find out tomorrow for you.

Wilson Staff makes very good clubs. IMHO just have extremely poor marketing.

I do not know, but will find out tomorrow for you.

Wilson Staff makes very good clubs. IMHO just have extremely poor marketing.

Thanks JB, THP is GREAT!!!! :clapp:

And I agree about the marketing, like I said I could very happily game a full WS set.

I myself said I would never gave anything W/S...but these irons are amazing. I was just wondering...

I myself said I would never gave anything W/S...but these irons are amazing. I was just wondering...

My friend uses those same irons Flop, he swears by them.

My friend uses those same irons Flop, he swears by them.

I have absolutely no reason at all to change. They are very forgiving, I can work the ball, and they feel AMAZING. For $200, they simply can't be beat. To be honest, I'm not sure if I'd use a set of $500 irons (if I got them free) over these.

Wilson makes some great clubs I could definitely game their irons and the FYbrid and I liked the Wilson Spine over the Smooth.

I have absolutely no reason at all to change. They are very forgiving, I can work the ball, and they feel AMAZING. For $200, they simply can't be beat. To be honest, I'm not sure if I'd use a set of $500 irons (if I got them free) over these.

They are definitely a solid set of irons, but I enjoy my ZB's way too much to make the switch to ANY other irons.

I love Wilson's stuff, but Lord I hope I'm done for a while. Except maybe a driver or 3 here and there.

I'm curious to see how this effects his sponsorship with wilson.

Dent I'm not sure if it will he has used TM's and Titleists prior to this while under staff with wilson.

Not just a driver apparently.

Well, I walked into my clubhouse today and saw an R9...I like triple-looked...I was drooling.

I know me too, but I think I make a little bit bigger puddle on the floor over a Str8.

They had to ask me to leave. The place was two feet deep in saliva. :act-up:

Dent Str8 review will be up tomorrow.

They had to ask me to leave. The place was two feet deep in saliva. :act-up:

One time I had to abide by the "you break it you buy it" policy er wait.. it was the "You droll on it you buy it" policy. I drooled all over the R9, so they couldn't sell it.

One time I had to abide by the "you break it you buy it" policy er wait.. it was the "You droll on it you buy it" policy. I drooled all over the R9, so they couldn't sell it.

I wish it was "You break it, you have to take it home."

I'd just break the shaft in two, bring it home, put a new shaft in it..bam. New R9.

Mmmm in my "voyage" to pick out new irons I hit a R9 TP, Fubuki 63g X-stiff. 8.5* set 2* open, by far one of the best combinations I have ever hit.

Back