Still No Prize for Winning a Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

GolfGirl

Reaction score
Late last year I won (apparently) a prize for winning a photo contest. Got my prize which was clothing that didn't fit. Package was sent back over 3 months ago to THP for a future giveaway and have yet to receive a replacement prize pack..........guess I am chit out of luck (no surprise there)!

Funny that it takes the postal system that long to deliver something!

(I wonder, just how large can a mailroom be??)

Now I can just imagine what will be posted in response to this post...but it is the principal of the thing. Guess it just depends on who you are around here!! Makes me think of the old expression....guilty by means of association!

Because someone I am close to is (for a lack of a better word) "unliked" by the owner of this site, I felt the tension rub off on to me and that is why I stopped coming around.

Just thought I would explain my absense to those who were considered "friends" on here.....

IMHO

Let me start off by saying a few things here. You won a prize and we sent that prize to you. You kindly said it did not fit and were going to send it back to exchange it for something else. After a few weeks, I got a PM saying that you had forgot about it, but found it and finally sent it.

Then after a couple of other weeks you asked if we had received it. We have never received this dress. I am sure you sent it like you have said, but it has not been received. Every time we have ever sent something out, it has been received including yours and NVMs and the hundreds of other things we have sent out.

As for who is liked or unliked, we have no ill will against anybody here only posts people make. As for whether or not you have been on, you may not be posting much (which we miss) but you are on this forum each day in the arcade. You choose to be invisible however. We want everybody to come to a site they enjoy and if people are not enjoying their time here, all we ask is that they find a site that does make them happy.

If you really want a prize we will send another one out, and this should have been taken to PMs rather than try to bad mouth our site for something that we have no control over. You won a contest and we sent a prize based on the sizes provided to us. In fact for a caption this contest, we sent out a very expensive black Quagmire dress with a MSRP at the time of over $100.

Maybe we just should not have contests anymore. It seems to be that we did this to please everybody on the site and spend hundreds of dollars a month shipping things to people to make sure they get them. But we never want to see anybody think we or any of our staff members are out to "get them" and when someone thinks are contests are unfair, that hurts us. We have some big ones coming up but at that point we might have to put them on hold.

I just cannot understand why if we anger people and they are unhappy here, why people continue to come. We think we have the greatest members in the world and more and more are finding out. We don't have to have contests, and they bring nothing to us other than joy to see the others getting to try things that they would never have looked at in the past. But apparently you disagree. And for that we apologize. I have said it many times before, we will never be able to please everybody. But we will continue to try.

Yes....the arcade.....at least I can expect to play there peacefully. I guess that is why it is part of the "www" open to any and all online.

As I stated....not surprised by your response! It was to be expected...don't worry it was my last post!!

It's a real shame that you felt the need to post this here instead of a PM. It's also a real shame that you feel so poorly about our site, us as owners, and our contests. It's also a shame that we are on vacation and instead of being out enjoying ourselves we are having to deal with being attacked for something out of our control. I am sorry you feel this way, I am sorry you dislike us, but as JB has said we will try our best to please everyone but it won't ever happen. I really do wish we could all just get along.

Some people would rather not be pleased so they can complain about it, and I agree this should have been handled via PM. Keep up the hard work JB and don't worry about the haters.

Wait, so correct me if I'm wrong, but JB and GG were nice enough to SEND you a prize (in case you didn't notice, THP is one of very few, if not the only, site that does that) and then you come and b.tch on the forums about it?

If you can't fit in here - well, good luck somewhere else.

Yes....the arcade.....at least I can expect to play there peacefully. I guess that is why it is part of the "www" open to any and all online.

As I stated....not surprised by your response! It was to be expected...don't worry it was my last post!!
Actually, ^that was your last post.

Please don't think this is the attitude of many people here - I'm sure the vast majority of us really appreciate everything you do for the contests and the rest of the site.

Actually, ^that was your last post.

Please don't think this is the attitude of many people here - I'm sure the vast majority of us really appreciate everything you do for the contests and the rest of the site.

Yes, it's definitely not. When you have ____ members, a few are going to be selfish and spoiled. I assure you we all appreciate what you do.

I just want to say I love this site and the contest. This is the only forum I have ever been on where people help and not criticize. Again thanks THP keep up the awesome site and the contest we all love them I a sure you.

Personally, I can't see where JB or GG dislikes anyone. Everybody that I have spoken with on this site, that has won prizes from contests are very pleased with the customer service. JB and GG both follow up to see how the prize was liked, if it fit, etc. They go the extra mile and ensure their customers are always happy.

GolfGal, I am sorry that you had problems with a dress fitting. It sounds like it wasn't a main priority to you because if it was then you would have sent the dress back immediately (the next day). Personally, I would have sent it certified mail so I could provide a tracking number to JB and GG at THP. This is the only way of doing business. I know THP would send you a replacement prize.

GolfGal, I do not understand why you would post this on the board. This shows a immaturity level that I thought was absent on THP. If I ever have a problem with THP it would be done via PM. If you don't like it here, then you can depart graciously. This would be the adult thing to do.

JB and GG keep up the great work! You cannot please everyone! Enjoy your vacation and don't worry about this.

Personally, I can't see where JB or GG dislikes anyone. Everybody that I have spoken with on this site, that has won prizes from contests are very pleased with the customer service. JB and GG both follow up to see how the prize was liked, if it fit, etc. They go the extra mile and ensure their customers are always happy.

GolfGal, I am sorry that you had problems with a dress fitting. It sounds like it wasn't a main priority to you because if it was then you would have sent the dress back immediately (the next day). Personally, I would have sent it certified mail so I could provide a tracking number to JB and GG at THP. This is the only way of doing business. I know THP would send you a replacement prize.

GolfGal, I do not understand why you would post this on the board. This shows a immaturity level that I thought was absent on THP. If I ever have a problem with THP it would be done via PM. If you don't like it here, then you can depart graciously. This would be the adult thing to do.

JB and GG keep up the great work! You cannot please everyone! Enjoy your vacation and don't worry about this.

And that's just the thing. We don't pay a PENNY for our prizes, etc. They do not have to give us stuff. They choose to, and we all appreciate it.

Goodness! What a whiner! I own a website/forum with more than 14,000 registered members. I KNOW what it takes to make these things successful- and THP is doing everything right as far as I can see.

There are always a few people who simply cannot be pleased no matter what you do. On our site, we simply ban them after an outburst like this. Then we KNOW for sure it was their last post. :beat-up:

JB and GG22- A friend used to tell a story that I liked. It seems several people like GolfGirl had become frustrated with an old horse. Now the horse was a good horse but as people sometimes do, these folks just decided to "look a gift horse in the mouth" if you will.

Well, they dug a deep pit and led the horse down into the pit and began to throw shovels full of dirt onto the horse, intending to bury him. But the old horse just shrugged each time some more dirt landed on his back- until eventually he was able to walk out of the pit.

So my advice to you both- just keep shrugging when the d-bags throw dirt. You'll walk out of the pit alive and well.

Sorry you're having to deal with such pettiness...

Haha, this is one of the craziest things I have ever heard. Its almost like you guys show up every month to stir up trouble.

Haha, this is one of the craziest things I have ever heard. Its almost like you guys show up every month to stir up trouble.

lol, i agree. she probably never even sent the dress back. she said she did once, but then she said she forgot. good riddance GolfGirl. you and NVM obviously belong together :bicker:

So...am I the only mature Canadian left?

I can't add anymore to the subject, everything that is absolutely true has been said. JB and GG it's sad you have to run into problems like this and very sad that you even have to threaten to stop contests for awhile just to get people in line.

Maybe you should, it will really seed out the good members from the bad, and I'm sure you may see some leave after that. Then we will really appreciate how good this forum really is. Common guys.

P.S - Not directed at anyone.

troll-web.jpg

JB has said all that needs to be said, should probably just let this one go......

As a part owner of this site(and someone who has poured a lot of hard work in to it as well), I find this thread to be childish and petty. As suggested, if there was a problem it should have been addressed via PM!! The person you are close to(as you put it), has nothing to do with the way you "feel" you are treated here, if I remember correctly you even PM'd asking not to thought less of due to the "person you are close to". We know there will be those that aren't happy here and there is nothing we can do about that.

We are more than happy to share some great products with our members and will continue to do so.

Thank you guys for the kind words, it means more than you know. It is amazing that since we have started this place we have only had a few hiccups. Unfortunately most of them have been around gear that people received via THP (for nothing at all). But like I said originally we will continue to move forward because of the wonderful people we have here.

We could have handled this differently (and like most of you figured we should or would) and delete this thread, but we are not that kind of place. We think we have the best forum members on the net and that is why we continue to have all these contests. INCLUDING 3 COMING IN THE NEXT 10 DAYS.

You guys are all like family to us. Thank you.

I was not going to reply to this thread. But the more I think about it, I can't not say anything. It's a shame when a situation like this comes up because I consider myself to be friends with all parties involved. GolfGirl should have done this as a PM. Unless this was done as a goodbye, screw you post, that would have been the correct way to handle it. I honestly would have responded within the thread as JB did, but this whole thing should have been kept private. I sent a joint private message to both people on this matter so they both know my feelings on this. I see GolfGirl and NVM on a couple other forums and hope to continue that relationship with them in the future.

I, like most of the people here post in multiple forums, golf or otherwise. This is the one I like the most. The people are great, the disagreements usually don't get too out of hand and, in my opinion, the admins do a pretty good job controlling the zoo. I don't give a rat's ass about the contests. Keep them, drop them, I'm still coming. I think theyare fun, but that's not why I am here and I hope most of the people here feel the same way. I've said it before, that a forum where everyone agreed with everyone would be pointless and boring, but to come in with the sole purpose of stirring things up is not really necessary either. If people aren't happy someplace, moving on is the way to go. I know. I've done it myself. I feel that I can be friends with people on all the forums I belong to, whether or not they like other people I call my friends or not. But if anyone would suggest I should not be friends with so and so then that wouldn't fly. It hasn't happened and I don't expect it to. Just sayin'.

That said, I'm not going anywhere. I'll go other places, I have for close to eight months. But I like this place and this is where I check in first and last. Hope to see GG and NVM around and we can still be buds. I just hope the pot-stirring is over and everyone can move on.

I don't give a rat's ass about the contests. Keep them, drop them, I'm still coming. I think theyare fun, but that's not why I am here and I hope most of the people here feel the same way.

I feel exactly the same way, unfortunately I think some people do come here just in the hope that they can score something for free. I guess greed is part of the game at times.

I would have deleted the entire thread & dealt with it via PM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back