They should have done that by the trading deadline last year. It was the move that should have been made for Tony.

I was surprised they didn't make the trade last year. They won't get a third rounder this year, I wouldn't think. Although he caught almost 100 passes being mostly double-teamed all year. He still is the best. (Arguably).

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-chiefs-labor-dispute-story-032509,0,7361945.story

KANSAS CITY, MO - The Chiefs home season might be in jeopardy because of a labor strike at Truman Sports Complex, according to Kevin Kietzman with 810 Sports Radio.

According to Kietzman, there are five days left in a labor contract between the builder and the Ironworkers Local Number 10 Union. When the contract expires at midnight on March 30, Kietzman said the iron workers and carpenters will go on strike. If that strike lasts 30 to 60 days long, the Chiefs will have to play their entire season on the road.

That might not be a bad thing, since it's tougher to win on the road. We need one more bad year.

They can use Cleveland Stadium. The Browns aren't using it. :angry:

I would think they could use the Rams stadium if they are on the road that week, plus the Chiefs fans could drive there, it's only about 3-1/2 hours away.

Owens says he was blindsided by the Cowboys.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9392614/Reports:-T.O.-believes-Cowboys-'blindsided'-him?MSNHPHMA

"I know wholeheartedly he (Jerry Jones) wanted me there," Owens said on the broadcast, the Globe and Mail reported. "There were some people I know who got in his ear that pressured him to make that decision. For that, it's sad. You let two or three people conspire to get me out of the situation."

And of course they did the same thing to him in San Francisco and Philadelphia. It wasn't T.O., it was always someone else.

Just saw that harry. I am guessing a 1st and a 3rd. No details yet I guess.

I thought they said a quarterback and this year and next years first round picks.

To acquire Cutler, the Bears had to give up quarterback Kyle Orton and first-round picks in 2009 and 2010, a source said.

To complete the trade, the Broncos had to give back a third-round pick in 2009. The Bears beat out the Redskins, Buccaneers, Lions, Titans and other teams to get land the 25-year-old Pro Bowl quarterback.

The Broncos had been asking for at least two first-round choices.

Makes what the Chiefs gave up for Cassell look even better!

I thought they said a quarterback and this year and next years first round picks.

Yep. It's Kyle Orton with a 2009 1st Rounder and a 2010 1st Rounder

Which quarterback did they have that anybody would be interested in? McDaniels is going to have a real short leash with the fans now, if they don't win next year they will be calling for his head:bicker:

Edit: Smalls edited his post: Kyle Orton:beat-up:

WOW, that is OVERPAYING big time.

WOW, that is OVERPAYING big time.

I don't think so. I mean, they are giving up a lot, but I think QB is really the only position missing from that team. Same with most of the NFC North.

I don't think Cutler's going to make any difference for Chicago, what did he do for Denver?????? Who is he going to throw the ball to? Did Chicago somehow piece together an offensive line to protect him?

30 days for killing someone is ridiculous.

Agreed, however we have seen worse. I am glad to hear that throughout the entire process he has done the right thing atleast.

Back