Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My rant for today.

When you go out of your way to help someone and never get as much as a THANK YOU. You invite them to many things (all on your dime of course) and never just hear, "thanks man, that means a lot". Sure in some ways that defeats the purpose of doing it, but in the end, selfless acts albeit selfless still feel better with a thank you at the end.

This happened to myself and GG recently. We had gone out of our way to welcome someone aboard. Never even got a thank you. It makes you sour on certain things.

Okay rant over.

[frantically searches to make sure he wasn't the dumbsh*t who forgot to say thanks!]

And just in case . . . THANKS!!!!

No Harry, it was not you. But that was funny.

No Harry, it was not you. But that was funny.

Well, an extra "thanks" doesn't hurt . . . and is well-deserved by you and GG.

So, here's another: THANKS!

[frantically searches to make sure he wasn't the dumbsh*t who forgot to say thanks!]

And just in case . . . THANKS!!!!

Ah, Harry, you stole my bit! Anyway, thanks also!

Im with Harry, Thanks again JB.

My Rant for the day.

I started off my morning by getting a couple of gallons of gas dumped on me. Now I stink and my skin is cracking. Plus the state is going to come down hard on all us gas people tomorrow.

I've ranted before about the District of Columbia: its inclement weather, its poor government, its high prices. So I feel obligated to say something nice when something nice is due. DC must be among the most beautiful cities in the country when the weather cooperates. Normally I take the metro to work, but today I drove, and my route took my along scenic Rock Creek Parkway, beneath several remarkable bridges built during the New Deal, along the Georgetown waterfront area, passed the Tidal Basin where the cherry blossoms are in full bloom, and alongside the Lincoln, WWII, Washington, and Jefferson, and all I can say is "wow." The city looks absolutely gorgeous today, even to an embittered long-term resident.

Just thought I'd inject a little cheer in the rant thread. Now back to your complaints. :good:

I've ranted before about the District of Columbia: its inclement weather, its poor government, its high prices. So I feel obligated to say something nice when something nice is due. DC must be among the most beautiful cities in the country when the weather is nice. Normally I take the metro to work, but today I drove, and my route took my along scenic Rock Creek Parkway, beneath several remarkable bridges built during the New Deal, along the Georgetown waterfront area, passed the Tidal Basin where the cherry blossoms are in full bloom, and alongside the Lincoln, WWII, Washington, and Jefferson, and all I can say is "wow." The city is looking absolutely gorgeous today, even to an embittered long-time resident.

Just thought I'd inject a little cheer in the rant thread. Now back to your complaints. :good:

We can't go having cheer in the rant thread, it ruins the ambiance:D

We can't go having cheer in the rant thread, it ruins the ambiance:D

Jeeeze, the guy gets 2,000 posts and all of a sudden he thinks he gets an opinion!?
thLOL-1--1.gif

I have never had a good experience at Golf Galaxy. I went last year to purchase new irons and couldn't even get anyone to ask me if I needed help. I stood there for 20 minutes and no one approached me. There was a group of 3 employees standing around talking to each other. Made eye contact with them several times. I left the store and sent a email to the customer service from their website. I did receive a response offering a discount but went somwhere else instead.

Had something similar to that happen to me once, but at a local car dealership. Was a Sunday, and my fiance and I stood around and watched them move around their Saleen/Rousch/GT500 units in the showroom while pointedly browsing through the Mustang brochure. Never did get anyone to talk to us. :at-wits-end:

Unfortunately for them, I'm worst than a normal customer - I'm a factory rep. That Monday I spoke with both the Owner and the GM of the store about the experience. :angry::at-wits-end::angry:

I did end up buying my fiance's Mustang there, and the GM saw to it she got the royal treatment. :angel:

I've ranted before about the District of Columbia: its inclement weather, its poor government, its high prices. So I feel obligated to say something nice when something nice is due. DC must be among the most beautiful cities in the country when the weather cooperates. Normally I take the metro to work, but today I drove, and my route took my along scenic Rock Creek Parkway, beneath several remarkable bridges built during the New Deal, along the Georgetown waterfront area, passed the Tidal Basin where the cherry blossoms are in full bloom, and alongside the Lincoln, WWII, Washington, and Jefferson, and all I can say is "wow." The city looks absolutely gorgeous today, even to an embittered long-term resident.

Despite its southern efficiency and northern charm, there is nothing quite like D.C. in the springtime.

Thanks, JB, GG, and Hacker!

It's April and it's snaining.

Snaining, that is good. My five year old daughter calls it rainsnowing. I will teach her snaining. I think it's a word we will be using a lot this week.

My rant for today.

When you go out of your way to help someone and never get as much as a THANK YOU. You invite them to many things (all on your dime of course) and never just hear, "thanks man, that means a lot". Sure in some ways that defeats the purpose of doing it, but in the end, selfless acts albeit selfless still feel better with a thank you at the end.

This happened to myself and GG recently. We had gone out of our way to welcome someone aboard. Never even got a thank you. It makes you sour on certain things.

Okay rant over.

JB Let me take the time to thank you and GG for welcoming me to this site this site is nothing but top notch And both you and GG treat me and everyone on here with the utmost respect and courtesy keep doing what your'e doing and If I ever get a chance to make my way down to Tampa From Binghamton, or vice versa It would be an honor to play a full round with you, thanks again JB.

Thank you jcuray. These kind of things are the reason we do what we do.

I'm beat, my brain's in a fog, and my neck & shoulders are tied up in knots. I just want to go to sleep. Instead, it's another business evening out. The only saving grace is that it's at a different venue from the hotel with the tired chicken & overcooked salmon. The food is actually good at this place. Not that I care tonight.

$550 for 4 tires & a front end alignment, I love just tossing money away!!!

I hate getting a new wire in my braces :angry:

My rant of the day: The United States Postal Service (USPS)

I ordered an iPhone on Friday. It was shipped out Monday morning thru USPS Priority Mail - coming from Orlando, to my house in Jacksonville. Priority Mail is 2-3 days.

First off, USPS Tracking Info flat out blows. No information at all, and they NEVER update it. EVER.

And, it takes like 2 and a half hours to drive from ORL to JAX, yet it's been THREE DAYS and no sign of the iPhone?

Tomorrow will be three days Floppy. Shipped Monday morning. Tuesday, 1 day; Wednesday, 2 days; tomorrow, 3 days.

Tomorrow will be three days Floppy. Shipped Monday morning. Tuesday, 1 day; Wednesday, 2 days; tomorrow, 3 days.

Three days isn't acceptable when it's coming from 2.5 hours driving time away.

Simple question: what's the 03/31/09 dividend yield on the S&P 500? Just TRY to find an answer.

And don't even get me started on our newsletter guy.

I hate getting a new wire in my braces :angry:

BTW, I completely agree, lol...it SUCKS!

I got some killer wire and some thing on my front teeth to keep them together (as the wire was designed to separate them) and it hurt so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back