Dustin Johnson Arrested in Myrtle Beach for DUI

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
I thought this was a little too serious to casually throw in the Florida Crime thread.

FYI, Johnson is #40 in the world rankings.

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/842314.html

Posted on Tue, Mar. 31, 2009
Myrtle Beach pro golfer charged with driving under the influence

Alan Blondin
[email protected]

Dustin Johnson of Myrtle Beach, one of the PGA Tour's rising stars, was charged with driving under the influence on Monday morning.

Johnson, 24, was booked at 11:28 a.m. at the J. Reuben Long Detention Center in Conway and released on a personal recognizance bond 22 minutes later, according to a jail official.

He was arrested by an officer with the S.C. Highway Patrol.

Johnson, in his second year on the PGA Tour following a decorated four-year collegiate career at Coastal Carolina, has won nearly $3.4 million in just 39 PGA Tour events and has two wins in the past six months _ the Turning Stone Resort Championship in October and AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am in February.

Johnson is entered in this week's $5.7 million Shell Houston Open, which begins Thursday, as well as next week's Masters Tournament at Augusta National Golf Club.

More details will be posted as they become available.

This is the price people pay for being in the public eye. If it were you or me, no one would ever know. Could you imagine the story if a top 10 player was busted instead? (Or someone people have actually heard of? I had never heard the name before)

dang, that sucks. what was he doing drunk at 11:30am? must've been either a LOOONG night or an early lunch, heh

This is the price people pay for being in the public eye. If it were you or me, no one would ever know. Could you imagine the story if a top 10 player was busted instead? (Or someone people have actually heard of? I had never heard the name before)

I agree, like if Tiger was caught, or Sergio. But I've heard on Dustin Johnson, but only because I met him in Hawaii at the Mercedes-Benz, he is a very very nice guy.

Maybe he was doing a JD heading to the course for his tee time.

i really like dustin johnson, its shameful for him to have this come up

i really like dustin johnson, its shameful for him to have this come up

Agree, he is a good guy. Making a joke earlier.

Congrats on 700 posts AK

dang, that sucks. what was he doing drunk at 11:30am? must've been either a LOOONG night or an early lunch, heh

I thought the same, though DUI isn't limited to alcohol.

According to Lance Cpl. Sonny Collins of the S.C. Highway Patrol, Johnson was stopped in a black sport utility vehicle by a Highway Patrol officer for a traffic violation at 1 a.m. Monday on Glenns Bay Road.

``The officer determined Mr. Johnson was driving under the influence and he was arrested,'' Collins said. Johnson, 24, was booked at 11:28 a.m. at the J. Reuben Long Detention Center in Conway and released on a personal recognizance bond 22 minutes later, according to a jail official and records. It is unclear where Johnson was held until the bond hearing.

Here's a part of the article, wonder just where he was from 1:00 to 11:28????

maybe no one would know but still, folks should take responsibility behind the wheel being that people get killed or hurt when drunk drivers drive recklessly

Not to say that its right or wrong but legally a person can be "drunk" after one beer depending on how their body takes it. Also like said above maybe it wasn't even alcohol so who knows :act-up:

Back