Ran into my 2nd jerk on Ebay this week...

Pinged

In Search of Bagger Vance
Reaction score
Handicap
I've been on Ebay for 11+ years; nearly 1200 perfect transactions as both buyer and seller. I know that some folks hate Ebay but I've had a wonderful experience there selling everything from boats and automobiles to golf clubs.

Years ago I got my first negative feedback when a buyer in Czechoslovakia "bought" a guitar which was clearly marked "USA BUYERS ONLY". Because he "bought" the guitar he got to leave feedback and when I refused to ship it to him and re-listed it he left negative feedback.'

This week I ran into butthead #2. This guy bought a golf club using "Buy it Now". He bought it, paid for it and I shipped it to him. It was in absolutely mint+ condition and it shipped the same day he paid for it at a very reasonable price, etc.

I look and discover he's left me negative feedback! :angry:

I email him to ask what the problem is and he tells me he's *LEFT HANDED* and made a mistake in buying the club and emailed me twice to see if I would rescind the deal even though it was his mistake but because I didn't answer his emails he needed to leave negative feedback. (Note- and of course I NEVER received either of his emails! ARGH!)

OK... I feel better now. I'm just always amazed at what JERKS some people can be. Both of these situations were because the other person didn't READ THE LISTING and then bought something anyway.

Thanks for listening.

That is what THP is for Pinged. Vent away.

You should take that stuff up with eBay to get the feedback removed. Some people on eBay are just stupid - and other are as nice as can be. I've sold over 50 clubs, video games, consoles, electronics, etc., and bought over 60 without too big of a problem so far.

I'm certainly no expert with eBay, but aren't both of those situations where you could contact customer service and have them remove the negative feedback - especially with the new policy that doesn't allow sellers to leave negative feedback?

I'm certainly no expert with eBay, but aren't both of those situations where you could contact customer service and have them remove the negative feedback - especially with the new policy that doesn't allow sellers to leave negative feedback?

I talked long and hard about the Czech incident and there was no way they would remove the negative feedback- period!

I haven't tried the new situation since the "no negative feedback" rule- but I might. Bottom line though is that Ebay has 100's of millions of transactions and they're simply not going to get into every case of "I didn't deserve a negative rating" I'm afraid. It would take 1000's of employees to resolve those kinds of disputes.

We'll see how much energy I have...

That lefty is a huge dipsh, uh, moron. Gives a bad name to the rest of us.

I talked long and hard about the Czech incident and there was no way they would remove the negative feedback- period!

I haven't tried the new situation since the "no negative feedback" rule- but I might. Bottom line though is that Ebay has 100's of millions of transactions and they're simply not going to get into every case of "I didn't deserve a negative rating" I'm afraid. It would take 1000's of employees to resolve those kinds of disputes.

We'll see how much energy I have...

I hear ya'. Hopefully the "response" you are allowed to make will be enough to reassure future buyers.

"Auction clearly said 'US buyers only"

"Left-handed buyer bought right-handed club and left negative feedback."

or something to that effect.

That lefty is a huge dipsh, uh, moron. Gives a bad name to the rest of us.

Exactly. The rest of us morons have a good name.

oh man, dont you hate crap like that???? i too am on ebay all the time (over 2500 transactions) and although it is rare, sometimes you run into buttholes who have no idea how to use the feedback system correctly. i feel for ya Pinged. that sucks. i recently had a guy leave me negative feedback because it took the Post Office 5 whole days to deliver a set of irons that went from Florida to California. he paid $12 for shipping and apparently expected them to go 3000 miles quicker than 5 days

oh man, dont you hate crap like that???? i too am on ebay all the time (over 2500 transactions) and although it is rare, sometimes you run into buttholes who have no idea how to use the feedback system correctly. i feel for ya Pinged. that sucks. i recently had a guy leave me negative feedback because it took the Post Office 5 whole days to deliver a set of irons that went from Florida to California. he paid $12 for shipping and apparently expected them to go 3000 miles quicker than 5 days

ARGH! I hate that. I feel your pain RS!

Unfortunately Ebay pretty much washes their hands of things like that and leaves it up to those involved to resolve Feedback issues.

I have to agree with Pinged on this one. I have been on eBay a lot in the past month or so. I have a fear of buying a LH club or something crazy like that. But if I did make a purchase by accidentally clicking on "buy it now"(which I did). That's my mistake and I have got to live with it.

Back