Show your new clubs thread

i love that classic design. JB is right, they do look very similar to the 4DX. i bet you will LOVE them compared to what you were hitting

I like the looks of these better, more subtle... the green and black is a little to much for me on 4DX

so cheap on rockbottom is unreal

Green is too much for you? Your favorite color is green and you said you loved the looks when you saw them.

Green is too much for you? Your favorite color is green and you said you loved the looks when you saw them.

green is to much for me on an iron... I just like a straight up chrome beast

I just finished my set. I don't normally shop based upon hype, just feel. That being said it seems hype and feel have come to a crossroad for me as I now own Victory Red Blades(picked them up and they just felt right, play even better), Taylor Made R9 9.5 with a 46 in. shaft set up neutral(never was a fan of 460cc) and a Scotty SS Newport 2(k, guilty, bought that because of hype, love it luckily). Here are the pics. I am big on doing my own paint fills. The Victory's were way too "look at me" and the Scotty was my chance to show patriotism.

DSCF0497.jpg

DSCF0501.jpg

DSCF0500.jpg

DSCF0502.jpg

All these pretty clubs and I am hurt, can't play golf, they have been sitting for 2 weeks now, shoot me, this stinks. Great site here, glad I found it!

Last edited:
I just finished my set. I don't normally shop based upon hype, just feel. That being said it seems hype and feel have come to a crossroad for me as I now own Victory Red Blades(picked them up and they just felt right, play even better), Taylor Made R9 9.5 with a 46 in. shaft set up neutral(never was a fan of 460cc) and a Scotty SS Newport 2(k, guilty, bought that because of hype, love it luckily). Here are the pics. I am big on doing my own paint fills. The Victory's were way to "look at me" and the Scotty was my chance to show patriotism.

All these pretty clubs and I am hurt, can't play golf, they have been sitting for 2 weeks now, shoot me, this stinks. Great site here, glad I found it!

Those VR's look sick without paintfill. And I've got an R9 in my bag right now too, I love it. Great sticks you got there, but what's in the rest of your bag?

Oh and DR. J, congrats, hope you love your new sticks!

Those VR's look sick without paintfill. And I've got an R9 in my bag right now too, I love it. Great sticks you got there, but what's in the rest of your bag?

Oh and DR. J, congrats, hope you love your new sticks!
I forgot the scoring clubs! TM 52 RAC, TM 56 Smoked, and a Vokey 60. 3 wood is a Burner. Thanks for the compliment on the irons.
DSCF0504.jpg

DSCF0503.jpg

Sweet clubs grab6303!

I forgot the scoring clubs! TM 52 RAC, TM 56 Smoked, and a Vokey 60. 3 wood is a Burner. Thanks for the compliment on the irons.
DSCF0504.jpg

DSCF0503.jpg

Solid set grab! I love TMade TP wedges, they are great.

Solid set grab! I love TMade TP wedges, they are great.
Thank you! I have come to the conclusion that one can't really go wrong with wedges nowadays, so many great options out there. I do love that smoked 56.

Thank you! I have come to the conclusion that one can't really go wrong with wedges nowadays, so many great options out there. I do love that smoked 56.

My next wedges will either be the Smoke TP's or the '09 Vokeys, unless I get some Custom Scratches.

Why limit yourself to one brand? Get 1 brand per loft hehe, 52 Smoke, 56 Vokey, 60 Scratch, winner winner chicken dinner sir!

Why limit yourself to one brand? Get 1 brand per loft hehe, 52 Smoke, 56 Vokey, 60 Scratch, winner winner chicken dinner sir!

Because I'm a believer of having your wedges be the same brand and model. I feel that gives you consistency in feel, performance, and looks.

Well just got back from the range and I am pleased to report that the 3DXs have performed up to my expectations. These irons are real forgiving. On any sort of mishit, the ball still flies pretty straight, and slices? Forget about it, I couldn't hit a slice if I tried to. Any evidence of a slice is usually in just a bit of fade. I was having a bit of trouble getting consistent ball striking going, but that I expect that, it being a new iron set. If anything was bothering me it was that the irons were heavier than my old set, since these new irons are steel shafts and my old ones are graphite. All in all, I am quite pleased, they look and feel pretty good and with a little bit of practice I'll be back on track.

you'll get used to the weight difference pretty soon

I just finished my set. I don't normally shop based upon hype, just feel. That being said it seems hype and feel have come to a crossroad for me as I now own Victory Red Blades(picked them up and they just felt right, play even better), Taylor Made R9 9.5 with a 46 in. shaft set up neutral(never was a fan of 460cc) and a Scotty SS Newport 2(k, guilty, bought that because of hype, love it luckily). Here are the pics. I am big on doing my own paint fills. The Victory's were way too "look at me" and the Scotty was my chance to show patriotism.

DSCF0497.jpg

DSCF0501.jpg

DSCF0500.jpg

DSCF0502.jpg

I am soooo jealous. With or without custom paintfill, those blades are, in my opinion, the best looking irons EVER.

Appreciate it. Like you I love the look, main thing is the feel, love that I can feel the head through my entire range of motion. Excellent avatar by the way Floppy

Excellent avatar by the way Floppy

lol, you know, i never really took a close look at Floppys avatar. when i glanced at it, i always thought it was a xmas tree with a golfball on top where the star goes, lol. but now that i take a closer look, i see what it really is :act-up:

lol, you know, i never really took a close look at Floppys avatar. when i glanced at it, i always thought it was a xmas tree with a golfball on top where the star goes, lol. but now that i take a closer look, i see what it really is :act-up:

Too Funny RS LOL

Heres mine: (titleist 2009 Premium stand Black)

R9TP, R9TP 3W, R9 5W, 909h 19 and 21, VR Splits 3-6, VR TW Blades (Coming on Tues) 7-PW, VR Wedges 52,56,60.
Ping Zing Answer Redwood.

I will probably Game the following:
Driver, 3W, 19H, 3-pw, GW, SW Putter.
I will probably not game the R9 5W but it's so fricken sweet might just ditch both hybrids. Not ready for the log wedge yet. Need practice with it.

b1.JPG

nice bag kgeorge!

thank you. Great site! I love it.

Good reviews as well. This is not my "final, final bag"
I've gone through these clubs since xmas:
Drivers - tour burner, G10, R9, R9 TP, Dymo
Irons -MP52s, VR - once I hit the VR Line, i was sold.
Wedges - Vokey (Overratted IMO. too heavy)

I've played a Ping Zing putter for 20 years, time for a change! (Plus my old putter was falling apart!)

I'm actually in Florida now - just checked in at the Fairmont Turnberry island - 5 rounds in 4 days coming up! I've been waiting since xmas for this day!

Problem is, my sholder is killing me so is my back. The flight from Detroit was horrible and my hand was hurt playing bball on Thurs. A good nights sleep tonight and some Advil tomorrow and I'll be ok.

Wish me luck!!!!!!! When I connect on my First shot with those sweet ass forged Nike irons, Im gonna have a beer and light up a Cuban!

Just a quick note - I never thought in a million years I would buy nike clubs, these VR irons eat MP52s and AP2s for breakfast!

Nice clubs everyone.

thank you. Great site! I love it.

Good reviews as well. This is not my "final, final bag"
!

does anyone ever have a final-final bag? hehe, mine changes all the time :act-up:

does anyone ever have a final-final bag? hehe, mine changes all the time :act-up:

Yes. A "final bag" occurs under only two circumstances-

1) You can not, in an way, shape or form, afford to buy any more clubs

2) Your wife threatens to leave you if you buy more clubs

In the first situation- your hand is forced. In the second situation, you need to have a few beers and consider your options.

DSCF0497.jpg

QUOTE]

Ok, Grab these look sick I have a pro combo set of VR's with 9 &PW being blades how did you remove the paintfill I love the way that looks.

Back