Sunglasses or No Sunglasses?

I never wear sunglasses golfing. I don't know why.

I never used to wear them, but last spring I finally updated my prescription and got a good pair of prescription sunglasses as well as regular glasses. Now I'm always wearing them, I love it that I can finally see everything. I don't wear my reg. glasses to golf in ever so I tend to run into issues when there are clouds or once the sun goes down during those twilight rounds.

I wear my sunglasses while playing. I can't see the putting line as well with them on, but other than that, works fine.

I wear Oakley Canteens. I take them off during my shots though as I have a hard enough time seeing the ball as it is with my eyesight. They are on the golf course with me for the walks inbetween shots.

Cat_35.jpg

I wear Oakley Canteens. I take them off during my shots though as I have a hard enough time seeing the ball as it is with my eyesight. They are on the golf course with me for the walks inbetween shots.

Cat_35.jpg

I love the Canteens, and the Gascans. But I really wanna get a pair of Arnettes, they have some sick pairs.

I currently have transition lenses, so I dont really have a choice.....
I plan on getting Lasic before next spring which will open up more choices....

Cat_35.jpg

Too bad these don't fit my huge noggin. I do wear the Spikes though off the course.

438e49209420c.jpg

Oakley and Spy have great sunglasses, I had to get the Canteens because they are the smallest model, I have a smaller head so these fit just perfectly. Anyone with an average or bigger head they won't fit.

im about to get some flak jacket xlj's for golf. oakley and von zipper makes my favorite styles

im about to get some flak jacket xlj's for golf. oakley and von zipper makes my favorite styles

Von Zipper's are sick. I have a pair of their goggles for when I go 'boarding.

Oakleys are okay, but i think that they are way overpriced and their name runs up the cost about 50 dollars. I have a pair of camo peakvisions that are sick.

4daaa1173a0d5f928d8b5edb03ff17c2_lg.JPG

Oakleys are okay, but i think that they are way overpriced and their name runs up the cost about 50 dollars. I have a pair of camo peakvisions that are sick.

4daaa1173a0d5f928d8b5edb03ff17c2_lg.JPG

unless they have the 7.1 dts surround sound mp3 earphones build in...

I stumbled across a pair of SunDogs in a local thrift store for 69-cents and gave them a try. Ever since my first pair of Gargoyles, back in the 80's, wrap-arounds have been all I can wear. These SunDogs are very light and don't distort my depth perception, at all. I played last week and forgot I even had them on, LOL.
I had never been able to wear glasses playing golf, and in Arizona, that is a drag.
Not sure I would have ever paid the reasonable retail on this Sundog brand, but knowing what I know now, I would probably pop for another pair if this pair got crushed or lost..............can you tell what usually happens, LOL.
Just my two-cents.
LaMont in AZ

48500_Spin.jpg

Can't wear sunglasses cause I wear regular glasses, and I'm not a hat person either. Talk about skin cancer exposure lol

Can't wear sunglasses cause I wear regular glasses, and I'm not a hat person either. Talk about skin cancer exposure lol

You could wear the flip-ups like ballplayers use. You could also get prescrioption sunglasses. I had those before I got Lasik.

Yeah I'm actually thinking about getting prescription sunglasses, I'm just wondering if there is any sort of frame they can't put lenses into? Because I wouldn't mind having a cool pair of aviators on the course.

You'll have to ask the eye people that! The pair I had were exactly the same frame as my regular pair. You could also get the kind that get darker when you're out in the sun and lighten back up when you go inside or it gets darker outside.

Do eyeglasses that have the lenses that get darker as the light gets brighter count as sunglasses? If they do then yes.Bout as good as it gets with astigmetism.Can't get contacts so I'm stuck with that.Maybe when I break the club ho addiction I'll get some prescription sunglasses but until then that's what I have.

I have astigmatism as well and about a year ago was prescribed contacts for it. They're called Folic Lenses or something like that and cost a little more... well a lot more I guess but can actually help to correct the astigmatism w/ some weighting mechanism.. I take my script to sam's club for a steep discount over the optometrist office.

And to the thread, I wear contacts w/ sunglasses if it's sunny.. if it's not sunny I don't wear them just to be cool though.

I also wear cheap (20 bucks) sets of sunglasses that look good, because I always end up dropping them in the river out on the boat in the summer.

I don't like Oakley's either.. I don't want to look like I'm from the future, just casual, nice sunglasses.. think RayBan style.

I never used to wear sunglasses but for some reason now I can't go without them. My eyes have gotten real sensitive. I got a pair of Maui Jim Palis and can't even tell that I'm wearing them they are so comfortable.

Yeah I'm actually thinking about getting prescription sunglasses, I'm just wondering if there is any sort of frame they can't put lenses into? Because I wouldn't mind having a cool pair of aviators on the course.

Prescription lenses typically can't be made into something like an oakely wrap around style. Something about getting way too much distortion. I have a pair of prescription sun glasses that I was told are as extreme as i could go & still be usable. Absolutely love them. Will get them out of the car in a bit & take a pic.

Mine are Gargoyles, may not look real extreme but they fit well & block out the light fantastically.

e01h6g.jpg

wc0rjb.jpg

Wow, neato!

I remember (and this is about 10-ish years ago) my best friend has a set of prescription Bolle wraparounds. Instead of building the prescription into the wraparound lenses, they had a separate set of prescription lenses attached to the removable nosepiece.

Right now I'm wearing a pair of Bolle Montauk Polarized and love them. Anytime it's not cloudy I usually have them on if outside, especially when golfing.

316HihQgD5L._AA280_.jpg

I wear the tifoski golf glasses. They are like $50 for the glasses, case, and 3 lenses. The gold lenses are great for golf. You can find them at any golf outlet store. I picked mine up at golfsmith and it is one of the best buys I have made.

I wish I could find some shades. I know that I need them. My problem is I only shop online(I despise a mall). I don't know if what I buy online will fit around my large cranium. I also am a cheap skate. Don't want to spend more than $20.

Back