Easy way to protect your clubs!

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
All you walkers out there can skip this little helpful tip. I know some of you have loaded your nice shiney clubs on a golf cart and at some point in your golfing life have had them fall off :eek:( ... I have had it happen more than once. The bad thing about mine is that they always find a way to fall off when I was either on a paved cart path are in a rocky area etc. Even though you do your best to make sure the cart bag strap is securely locked, it's bound to happen to you sooner or later. When I purchased my latest set of golf clubs, I came up with a pretty good idea to make sure they stayed on the cart. Go ahead and do the normal strap it in and lock it down. Get yourself a small bungie cord and hook it from the basket in back of the golf cart around your bag and hook it again. Presto finally a secure bag. When you are finishing with your golf round put that little sucker in the side compartment of your golf bag. Maybe one day some smart bag maker will come up with a built in bungie cord :eek:)..... Happy Golfing!!!

Great idea. And simple. I have never had a bag fall off but I have thought about how it could happen.

Good suggestion. I actually just take the carry strap, loop it through the basket (or around the seat frame, and hook it back to the bag.

That has saved me a bunch of times.

Oh back in the old days, before any of us had expensive clubs, at least once a round somebody would sneak up to a cart and undo the strap. Then it was just a matter of time before the bags hit the ground. I would be pissed if somebody did it now.

I use a carabiner. It on the metal ring for the strap on my bag and when I put my bag on the cart I clip it to the basket on the back of the cart. It's cheap, fast and very secure.

I can't remember who it was, but I thought that one of the bag companies made a cart bag that had a special loop on the back of the bag for this.

Sounds like a good idea but when I strap my bag in I make sure to loop the strap through one of the bag handle thingies so it stays secure.

I can't remember who it was, but I thought that one of the bag companies made a cart bag that had a special loop on the back of the bag for this.

My cousin bought an OGIO last year that has a rubber strap that you loop around the basket on the cart. It works just fine.

EDIT: His is a stand bag though, not sure about a cart bag.

My cousin bought an OGIO last year that has a rubber strap that you loop around the basket on the cart. It works just fine.

EDIT: His is a stand bag though, not sure about a cart bag.

It's called the Torq Strap, they have it on the Grom, and I know they have it on at least one cart bag, I just can't remember which one.

dsc_0305.jpg

Thanks for the tip, I had my bag fall off twice during a round last week.

Oh back in the old days, before any of us had expensive clubs, at least once a round somebody would sneak up to a cart and undo the strap. Then it was just a matter of time before the bags hit the ground. I would be pissed if somebody did it now.

you and me too Mo, man I'm buying that bungie cord no dropping the new tour edges this year actually it has only happened to me once and it was with my old set I did not secure the bag and there they were in the middle of the parking lot man was I pissed.

Alot of OGIO's bags have it covered!

The bungie cords are cheap and easy to store in your existing bag. I saw two bags fall off last week. I have already had two players at my course take notice and they are headed to the hardware store :eek:)

Happened to me this weekend. Was waiting in the cart bay before our tee time and the damn thing just fell off....ripped my Scotty headcover, broke my Scotty divot tool in half and put a really small nick in the putter. Not a fun pre-round event.

Happened to me this weekend. Was waiting in the cart bay before our tee time and the damn thing just fell off....ripped my Scotty headcover, broke my Scotty divot tool in half and put a really small nick in the putter. Not a fun pre-round event.

Ouch, that's not good, I feel for you AJ!

Back