J Golf Phoenix LPGA International [spoilers]

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Hooray! After a six-week TV layoff, the LPGA is back on television starting tomorrow with a 72-hole event in Arizona.
Mar 26 : GC 6:30-8:30 PM ET
Mar 27 : GC 6:30-8:30 PM ET
Mar 28 : GC 6:30-9:30 PM ET
Mar 29 : GC 7:00-9:30 PM ET
As usual, this LPGA broadcast has elements that defy explanation. While the first two rounds receive only 2 hours of coverage, the third receives three hours. The final round, however, receives two and a half hours - 30 minutes less than the third round.

The field, however, is fantastic. With virtually every top player in the field, the competition should be great. As fortune would have it, Michelle Wie has been paired with Vicky Hurst and amateur standout Carlotta Ciganda (sponsor invite) from ASU. So, perhaps, we will get to see a lot of both of those young women, in addition to Wie.

Other interesting pairings include: Lorena Ochoa playing with Suzann Pettersen, and last week's winner Pat Hurst; Christina Kim playing with Grace Park and Morgan Pressel; and Paula Creamer playing with Juli Inkster and Natalie Gulbis.

Thanks! Too bad we have to be out of the house for most of this.

GG and I are excited about golf this weekend. Between this and a great field at Bay Hill, we should be good to go.

I wish the LPGA had the "Watch Live" that the PGA tour does. I like to leave them playing in the background while I'm at work, and check in when there's a player I want to watch.

I'm bery bery excited about this. Esp. as this weekend I finally bought an HDMI cable to connect the HD cable box (for which I've been paying $8 a month for the last year and a half) and can now watch TGC in high definition!

Wow, I just checked the leaderboard and it says Grace Park withdrew and Paula Creamer "did not start." Not sure what that means, and I haven't found any reports on what happened yet.

Wow, I just checked the leaderboard and it says Grace Park withdrew and Paula Creamer "did not start." Not sure what that means, and I haven't found any reports on what happened yet.

I wonder what happened with that? I was looking forward to watching her and Gulbis in the same group:bad:

You beat me to it, WSE. We'll have to wait for the wrapup posts (or Harry, whichever comes first).

You beat me to it, WSE. We'll have to wait for the wrapup posts (or Harry, whichever comes first).

In that case, my bet is that "did not start" means she was late or missed her tee time. I remember last season AK almost missed his, and I dimly recall reading that the PGA rule was that you got 10 or 15 minutes before you were kicked out. Wonder if the LPGA has a similar rule.

In that case, my bet is that "did not start" means she was late or missed her tee time. I remember last season AK almost missed his, and I dimly recall reading that the PGA rule was that you got 10 or 15 minutes before you were kicked out. Wonder if the LPGA has a similar rule.

Or the flu/food poisoning yet again? "Did not start" seems to differ from "withdrew." So you may be right.

I've tried finding some more info on Creamer, came up with nada. Hopefully Harry will have better luck.

Not many finished yet, but Jeehae Lee shot plus three (it rhymes). Hopefully she'll get it together and go low enough tomorrow to make the cut this time out. (She missed at the SBS and the MC Classic, with rounds of 75 and 76, then 77 and 80 respectively.)

Creamer withdrew. That's all the information I have at this point.

Just called the LPGA and they said the same thing. The reason for the withdrawel on their end was "personal reasons". Morgan P and my friend Brittany Lincicome are not playing too well. But we are so glad to see Pettersen playing so well right now.

Wow--Michelle McGann is -3 after two holes! What a start.

ANybody else watching on HD think that the video is terrible?

And for the love of anything on TV, the announcing is just awful.

. . . the announcing is just awful.

I don't know JB, I learned that if you miss a putt you want to leave it short enough so you can just tap it in. That should help my putting stats a ton!

I don't know JB, I learned that if you miss a putt you want to leave it short enough so you can just tap it in. That should help my putting stats a ton!

I've often wondered what the secret was, LMAO

I'm flipping back and forth between this and the UConn/Purdue game

Is it me or is their putting worse than normal today? Putts are not even close, and I do not think I have seen one go in from outside of 5 feet. Yet a lot of them have missed from inside of 3 feet.

Have they mentioned anything about Creamer and her withdrawl from the tourney?

It is really windy. That has something to do with the putting. Someone just made a decent length one.

Back