Sneak Peak of Sunset Beach Wedges

SunsetBeachGolf

Truly Custom Putters
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 1.5
These are really early on pics of my finial design. I have gone through three previous iterations of these and I finally have them where I want them.

Right now it will just be 52, 56, and 60 lofts. Double forged carbon steel then milled for final weight and the face is double milled for flatness. Looking at KBS shafts for them, Sunset Beach Crossline grip. They will be available in chrome and raw to start. They may offer copper plating and bronze plating but they are not sure of the wear issues with these two finishes so they are reluctant to offer them just yet. There could also be a polymer finish available at some point too.

so sick! copper plated wedges... beyond ill

Great looking wedges.

What type of grooves are in those SSB?

I like 'em!

The black chrome KBS wedge shaft would sure look great on there!

What's the projected MSRP on these?

What type of grooves are in those SSB?

U grooves. Customization will be only stamping and finish options for right now. I may do custom grinds in the future but not on this first small release.

I am not sure how well copper plating will hold up on a wedge, either way these are carbon and I imagine the copper will wear off and the wedge will rust.

I am not sure on pricing just yet either until I figure out what all finishes I will offer.

I like 'em!

The black chrome KBS wedge shaft would sure look great on there!

What's the projected MSRP on these?

The KBS wedge shaft only comes in .355 taper tip. I designed these to accept the .370 parallel tip for tipping options to adjust ballflight. So they will be the standard KBS shafts.

oh wow, those look great! i didnt even realize you were workin on wedges. im very interested

Well I DO need a sand wedge lol

Those are amazing looking, well done SSB!

thanks guys. I have been working on them for awhile but they just got them right after three previous tries they finally got the tooling right for the forging. As I start to get the options ironed out I will post the information here.

thanks guys. I have been working on them for awhile but they just got them right after three previous tries they finally got the tooling right for the forging. As I start to get the options ironed out I will post the information here.

Are you gaming the wedges Chris?

will you make any oil can versions eventually?

I will be as soon as they arrive. LOL

I may do an oil can. Not sure.

We will be doing these protos as heads only. I will post pricing either later tonight or tomorrow.

Production run of wedges will be sold as completed club.

Please make them cheaper than Scratch wedges! haha

Nice looking wedge. Are you offering customization on them?

Please make them cheaper than Scratch wedges! haha

Nice looking wedge. Are you offering customization on them?

No, not right now for these protos.

As far as pricing scratch is out of my league. I will not be cheap, but I am also doing a double forged s20c carbon steel wedge with a milled face and milled grooves. So while I may not be the cheapest kid on the block I will be one of the nicest and most versitile wedges on the block, but will be priced far under scratch's forged wedges.

I looked into casting 8620 and milling the face and grooves but 8620 is not true carbon steel and decided against it. I may in the future do a cast wedge but right now I want to focus on the forged and I believe it is a better way to make a wedge or irons.

Feel is not why I think forging is better than casting either. LOL
Metal decides how a club feels.

Back