Atticus

CMSgt of THP
Reaction score
How often do you clean your clubs (I mean really really clean them not a wipe/brush down) and what do you use?

I clean mine every 4-5 rounds. Right now I just use water and a coarse brush and a rag. Just wondering what everyone else does. I wipe them off after every shot.

Magic Eraser works great.

You are going to laugh, but my husband cleans my clubs for me after every round and practice session. He also cleans the grips which keeps them tacky.

He uses soap and hot water with a toothbrush. About three times a year he polishes my fairway woods and driver heads with Nu Finish. This stuff removes fine scratches.

While I am on the course, I wipe them off if the groves get dirty.

I usually do it after every round, because if you want to play better, you should always have clean clubs. I use just water and a little brush thingy to get into the groves, and just dry them off with a towel and they're good as new!

I am a little obsessive with the cleanliness of my clubs. To me I can't play as well as I'm able to if they are dirty. I wet one end of my towel during rounds to keep my clubs clean as I go, but I'd say once a week I still soak them and give them a good deep scrubbing with this golf club cleaning kit I was given for X-mas from my sister-in-law a few years back, it's got a great brush and a solvent (probably similar to dish soap).

I use the towel that I dried the clubs off with to clean the grips then of course use a dry towel to dry the grips, I love that tacky feeling!

My clubs are soooo dirty. Its kinda pathetic, i keep them in my car too long and never take them inside so the only time they get clean is if im passig by a pond or puddle and i dip the club im holding in. Its mad ironic too because when im caddying i make sure that my clubs are kept immacualte.

I clean mine at least once a week, sometimes more depending on how dirty they get.

To be honest, a good cleaning probably only twice a year. My old irons got so bad all you saw was grass on them, couldn't even see the groves.

I try to keep the faces clean during a round with a towell.Clean grooves with a tee. Deeper cleaning with warm water and a brush when I feel the need.Deep clean grooves with the hook nose of nail file on some old toenail clippers. No detailing.Don't clean grips but change them when they need changing.

I just wipe em off with a towel, and clean the grooves with a groove sharpener. Does the job for me!

After every round or range session on the grass. I just get about 3" of really hot water in a bucket and an old toothbrush. I'm bad about not doing my grips, though.

I wash them after every round or range session.

On the course, I keep a club cleaning brush on my bag. Any crud in the grooves gets scrubbed out after every shot, and I wipe off any mud or crud with a towel.

At home, I've got a big bucket, Dawn soap, a nylon bristled brush and a Scotchbrite pad.

I soak them for a few minutes, then give them a good scrubbing from top to bottom, cleaning out every nook and cranny. I scrub the grips as much or more than the heads. It keeps them tacky, and reduces wear on them.

There's good reason your coach is always harping on you to clean your clubs. You simply cannot produce consistent results with dirty equipment.

About once a week although I always carry a wet towel to wipe the after every shot and clean my ball. Always scrub the grips each week to keep tacky. I use washing up liquid and an abrasive cream cleaner on the grips.

Can't stand dirty clubs, I never play well if they are dirty!

After each round or range session, warm water with dish soap and a toothbrush

Here's "NOT" how to clean your clubs. Threw my clubs in the bed of my truck, and headed off to the course. On the way there, just day dreaming I suppose, I saw a sale for a $2.00 car wash. Pulled in paid my money and was about half through the process when I remembered my clubs were in the bed of the truck. After a spot free wash, with wax, I shot a 79. :cool:

Seriously, I clean my grips after every couple of rounds, and/or range sessions. I use that bacterial soft soap, and a soft brush. I wipe the club head down, and clean the grooves after every shot, including those I take on the practice range. I use a separate towel to wipe off my grips after every shot on those hot days when sweating is an issue. :comp:

I clean them before any important outing. I only get to play a couple of tiems per month so not very often. I keep them clean as I go so they are never bad, it is a good way to pass the time if you have to wait. I do like to clean off the grips whenever I bring them in the house to clean them. Bucket of warm water, dish soap, old toothbrush, and a Cardinals game on TV, best way to spend an evening.

I clean them after every round unless it's high school golf season. Then, I clean it on weekends only.

I don't clean them immediately after every round, though I try to. I do get them cleaned before the next round though. Water and a brush.

I get around to it probably every two weeks. I just used hot water and a dusting rag- not something that pleases the Mrs.

I clean my clubs after every use, range or play. I get some hot water and soap. I also have a towel and brush, then I commence to cleaning. The grips I clean when I can't feel the tackiness anymore. If I clean the grips they dry and I can't feel the tack....it's time to go to Pin High Golf and get hooked up with some new grips. I look at it like this, my car runs better when it's clean, so by the same token the clubs MUST play better when they are clean.....right?

You are supposed to clean them????????:confused2:

You are supposed to clean them????????:confused2:

Dyna, not all of spend as much time in deep, wet rough as you do. So the full swing doesn't always act as a cleaning mechanism... :act-up:

I always wet down one corner of my towel before a round. I don't have to worry about clean clubs. I guess you could say I clean them after every shot.

I bring a towel specifically to get wet and keep it in the cart basket. Works for balls as well as clubs.

Back