Nickent Tour Putter Unboxing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, I have been waiting for these for a very long time. Since the show when we saw the prototypes we have been drooling over these putters. Well, thank you Nickent, they arrived today. Here are a few unboxing photos.

497467152_52am9-L-1.jpg

497467322_yGzFC-L-1.jpg

497467501_8hMuq-L-1.jpg

497467606_UNYMZ-L-1.jpg

I like the one on the right.

• Admin
Nobody remarked that they stamped my initials into the putters. I had no idea that this was happening, as we always send the stuff back. This was a GIFT from Hoefy himself according to the note in the box. I have loved these since the moment I picked them up at the show as did GG and DDBowdoin.

Nobody remarked that they stamped my initials into the putters. I had no idea that this was happening, as we always send the stuff back. This was a GIFT from Hoefy himself according to the note in the box. I have loved these since the moment I picked them up at the show as did GG and DDBowdoin.

Oh hey look at that, that is soo sick!!!

• Admin
Like I said, I had NO idea.

I'm not a fan of putters that have inserts (other than the White Hot XG line), but they look nice.

• Admin
Floppy, with the grooves on these, they should perform similar to GEL or RIFE, however they also have a milled face.

Congrats on the new putters JB, hopefully they will be as good as the rest of the Nickent gear.

I'm not a huge fan of inserts, but I'm interested to hear how these are. They certainly look the part. Any word on price point?

None yet, but Nickent has their own subforum and you can ask in that section and get a response directly from them.

i noticed that JB! NICE! and the one on the left looks like the type i would like (not the Anser). those look like great putters. way to go man!

I definitely like the looks of the one on the right, I prefer anser type putters for some reason. I like the looks.

I wouldn't mind gaming either putter, they look great. I'm excited for the review.

I'm not a fan of putters that have inserts (other than the White Hot XG line), but they look nice.

Floppy, with the grooves on these, they should perform similar to GEL or RIFE, however they also have a milled face.

yes, but the grooves are where the ball should be struck making the milling on the face purely an aesthetic appeal on the club. If you miss the center of the face by that much you should consider the Happy Gilmore Putter

norm-46e22a3ca1398-Happy+Gilmore+(1996).jpeg

The same can be said for any groove putter then DD. Yes only has grooves in the center as does GEL. Rifes cover more of it.

I know, I was just saying that to point out that the milling is purely an aesthetic aspect of the clubhead. Floppy mentioned he didn't like inserts, you mentioned it was also milled. Well, the milling is useless unless you hit the ball two inches from the sweetspot. At that point, you'll never make a putt.

I know, I was just saying that to point out that the milling is purely an aesthetic aspect of the clubhead. Floppy mentioned he didn't like inserts, you mentioned it was also milled. Well, the milling is useless unless you hit the ball two inches from the sweetspot. At that point, you'll never make a putt.

What I don't get is that as talented as their designers are over there ALL of the putters they are releasing are almost exact copies. The looks are beautiful, I will readily admit that.

I am sorry the guys at Nickent missed the boat here, they have way too many talented people over there to not have come up with something a little bit different. Even a modification of an existing design. Of course I am somewhat biased as I design putters too.

So everyone knows I am a HUGE Nickent fan after my experience hitting the 4dx driver and arc blades. I hope to have some of each very soon.

I used this putter today for the first time. I AM IN LOVE! The weighting is perfect for me, and I must admit, I am a sucker for groove technology. It just works for me.

I used this putter today for the first time. I AM IN LOVE! The weighting is perfect for me, and I must admit, I am a sucker for groove technology. It just works for me.

which one did you use JB? im guessing the one that DOES NOT look like the Anser type?

You guessed correct RS. Only played 9 holes and had 14 putts.

You guessed correct RS. Only played 9 holes and had 14 putts.

very very nice! thats the one i like too. i love that design

this one?

2007_Circa62No1_LG.jpg

497467322_yGzFC-L-1.jpg

Back