Status
Not open for further replies.

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
OK, I created a bracket for this year's tournament. The winner will receive a prize courtesy of The Hackers Paradise (photo required, as usual). Here's what you need to do:

Go here: http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/collegebasketball/tourney/index.asp.

Sign up and create your entry (use your Hackers Paradise screen name!). Make sure to use your THP name for your entry. Then you can put whatever you want where it asks for your name. Put your THP name on the first line, your real name or whatever you want on the second line. We want to be able to tell at-a-glance who is who.

Then click on "Join Group".

The group name is: "TheHackersParadise". THAT IS ALL ONE WORD. NO SPACES IN BETWEEN.

Password is "paradise". Do not use quotation marks in the groupname nor the password.

Use your Hackers Paradise Screen Name when you create your entry. If you use something else it's up to JB whether you will be eligible for whatever prize he is going to give out to the winner.

Of course, this group is only open to members of this forum! One entry per person. Also, don't worry if you don't know much, if anything, about college basketball. Usually the people who do the best in these things are the ones who don't study and analyze the thing.

The entry deadline is tip-off of the first scheduled game on Thursday, March 19, 2009 (I think that is 12:00 noon, eastern time). You must select the winner of each game of the tournament (excluding the play-in game scheduled for March 17) and predict the total combined score of the championship game prior to the deadline.

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone. Here is a tip, if you know nothing about basketball where you are choosing your teams. Go to the top right corner and there will be a drop down to auto choose your teams, based on Fox Analyists picks, highest seeded teams, or lowest seeded I beleive, click Import and you should be good to go.

We're up to 23 people in the contest. We only need ummm 27 more for the super prize!

Good luck to everyone. Here is a tip, if you know nothing about basketball where you are choosing your teams. Go to the top right corner and there will be a drop down to auto choose your teams, based on Fox Analyists picks, highest seeded teams, or lowest seeded I beleive, click Import and you should be good to go.

Where is the fun in that? :confused2:

How many March Madness threads do we need?

Rant over.

The prize goes up when we hit 50 players, so I want to get a bunch of readers into it. I assure you, that either prize will be great, but if we can get a big turnout, I will make it fantastic.

THP has already generously given me so much, I almost feel bad winning and even BETTER prize! :wink:

I always laugh at the brackets because a Gonzaga sounds like something we were warned about in "health" class...

Tomorrow after all brackets are turned in, I will announce the prize in a new thread.

OK... I'm in.

I think we're up to 34! Sixteen more is all we need! Thanks everyone.

What's up with 50 entries? I'm so confused...I forget which thread says what

You can't know that, it is a surprise, you just have to go with the flow Julie.

How is it scored anyway?

She mean's on the thing, how will you know the winner.

Julie, I'm probably wrong on this, but I think if you pick the winner of a game it's worth X amount of points. But if you pick the lower seed to win, and they do then it's worth Y amount of points, and its more then if the higher seed won, because it's less likely for the lower seed to win obviously.

How is it scored anyway?

This is from the site:

Round Points
  • 1 (First Round) 1 point for each correct selection (32 total points possible)
  • 2 (Second Round) 2 points for each correct selection (32 total points possible)
  • 3 (Regional Semifinals) 4 points for each correct selection (32 total points possible)
  • 4 (Regional Finals) 8 points for each correct selection (32 total points possible)
  • 5 (Final Four) 16 points for each correct selection (32 total points possible)
  • 6 (Championship) 32 points for each correct selection (32 total points possible)

At the conclusion of the Tournament, Entrants scores will be calculated and prizes will be awarded to the top scoring Entrants as described below. In the event of a tie, ties will be broken in the following order:
  • Tie-breaker #1 - Closest to the total points scored by both teams in the final game
  • Tie-breaker #2 - Closest to the total points scored by the winning team in the final game
  • Tie-breaker #3 - Closest to the total points scored by the losing team in the final game
  • Tie-breaker #4 - Number of points scored in Round 6
  • Tie-breaker #5 - Number of points scored in Round 5
  • Tie-breaker #6 - Number of points scored in Round 4
  • Tie-breaker #7 - Number of points scored in Round 3
  • Tie-breaker #8 - Number of points scored in Round 2
  • Tie-breaker #9 - Number of points scored in Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back