2012 NFL Draft Thread

My household is a house divided. I like the Camthers, the old girl likes the Packers, and the boy likes the JETS.

The Panthers will take Fletcher Cox I reckon. And try to snag up a WR later.

Both my sons are Jets fans.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I've seen them mocked to select Doug Martin in Round 1 a lot so who knows. Yeah, James would be a nice fit for the Pack. But they can pick him up later. What do they need, some DLine help?

D line, LB, Safety, CB. You name it on D, and they could use some help.

Kevin

Man, our kids suck.

I guess they see nothing but awesome in their dads. They need to learn disappointment and failure from the Jets

I guess they see nothing but awesome in their dads. They need to learn disappointment and failure from the Jets

Excellent point chunkster. I love your outlook on things. We took the boy to soccer practice tonight. He's getting good. And I hate it.

Who's going to be the steal of this draft you reckon?

I dont know whats wrong with you guys but my kid is a Cowboys fan so if you guys want some pointers just hit me up. Free of charge.

Esox.. I personally would love to see Woodson move to Safety position and be like an Ed Reed.. In that case they pick up an OLB first round and hopefully snag a guy like Trumaine Johnson from Montana (CB) in second round..

JB..
1.)Is Perry possible to the Pack at #28?
2.) Trumaine as a late second rounder too high or too low for him?
3.) Do you personally know Vic Ketchman?

Thanks
Jesse

I dont know whats wrong with you guys but my kid is a Cowboys fan so if you guys want some pointers just hit me up. Free of charge.

Well, I don't force mine into things. He like the Camthers too dude. But for some odd reason he loves the JETS. HE's also 3.

Well, I don't force mine into things. He like the Camthers too dude. But for some odd reason he loves the JETS. HE's also 3.

So you got a little Hanks JR there huh? Mini Hanks! lol

Is Todd McShay ever right about anything?

Is Todd McShay ever right about anything?

It's funny because the guy has an insane amount of information available to him and has a lot of knowledge. He is good to league guys so we does get some really good stuff, but it does seem when it comes time to watch film or actually scout talent and combine info, the dude is lost.

Heard an interesting take on Tannehill this morning from a NFL scout. Skill set wise he said he's Aaron Rodgers like. Has the arm, the mobility and athleticism. But he said he'll need to sit for a year or two since he doesnt have much actual time playing the position. If he was to get drafted by a team that needs a starter right now Im not sure how well that works out.

It's funny because the guy has an insane amount of information available to him and has a lot of knowledge. He is good to league guys so we does get some really good stuff, but it does seem when it comes time to watch film or actually scout talent and combine info, the dude is lost.

I would think he has everything at his fingertips, but he just seems so backwards on his assessments. I'll never forget his analysis of Jevan Snead from Ole Miss, a cant miss low first/high second round pick.

I would think he has everything at his fingertips, but he just seems so backwards on his assessments. I'll never forget his analysis of Jevan Snead from Ole Miss, a cant miss low first/high second round pick.

. . Who?

Heard an interesting take on Tannehill this morning from a NFL scout. Skill set wise he said he's Aaron Rodgers like. Has the arm, the mobility and athleticism. But he said he'll need to sit for a year or two since he doesnt have much actual time playing the position. If he was to get drafted by a team that needs a starter right now Im not sure how well that works out.

This is why I really hope that if the Dolphins draft him, he never sees the field in his first year. Sit him down, play Matt Moore or David Garrard (ugh), try to improve the team in other areas in the draft, and let the staff develop Tannehill. It would be a mistake to play him as a rookie.

This is why I really hope that if the Dolphins draft him, he never sees the field in his first year. Sit him down, play Matt Moore or David Garrard (ugh), try to improve the team in other areas in the draft, and let the staff develop Tannehill. It would be a mistake to play him as a rookie.

I agree Ary. I dont necessarily think he's a bad pick either but he surely needs to sit at the least a year if not more. Maybe see if he can beat out the incumbent next year in camp.

E
Exactly. He was a QB at Ole Miss. He had originally committed to Florida, but then Tebow committed so he changed to Texas, then ended up transferring to Ole Miss. Decent QB, but as the story goes is he got an evaluation from McShay saying he would be a low first/high second round draft pick, and decided to leave shcool early based on that info. Well, he wasnt drafted, dont even think he got a FA contract. A lot of articles came out about it a few years ago.

I agree Ary. I dont necessarily think he's a bad pick either but he surely needs to sit at the least a year if not more. Maybe see if he can beat out the incumbent next year in camp.

The interesting thing about the last part of your post is that the Dolphins don't have a QB signed past this year. Both Moore and Garrard are free agents after this season. Tannehill could be the starter by default in 2013 if he gets drafted and they don't bring back either of those guys after this year.

The interesting thing about the last part of your post is that the Dolphins don't have a QB signed past this year. Both Moore and Garrard are free agents after this season. Tannehill could be the starter by default in 2013 if he gets drafted and they don't bring back either of those guys after this year.

Well that is certainly interesting. Didnt know that. I guess if the Browns take him it doesn't matter and who the hell is going to be the Dolphins QB next year?

Well that is certainly interesting. Didnt know that. I guess if the Browns take him it doesn't matter and who the hell is going to be the Dolphins QB next year?

I don't think the Browns are taking him. If the Browns can be patient, I think that next year's draft will have QBs in the first round for them to take (Barkley, Wilson, etc.).

As for the Dolphins, I think that they go D-end and QB with their first 2 picks (not sure of the order), then draft 1-2 WRs a little later to try to get some competition at that position. They have the extra 3rd round pick from the Marshall trade to use if they want to move up in the second round or even back into the late first round.

He needs to sit 2-3 years to fully develop. With Philbin having the knowledge of the draft-and-develop philosophy, and understanding McCarthy's QB development program, he could put Tannehill through the system and get a great QB

Since when did Tannehill become a top pick? It seems like he was just meh before: maybe late 1st round/early 2nd round. Now the draft order comes out and he'a a top 5 pick? I'm not buying it.

I don't think the Browns are taking him. If the Browns can be patient, I think that next year's draft will have QBs in the first round for them to take (Barkley, Wilson, etc.).

As for the Dolphins, I think that they go D-end and QB with their first 2 picks (not sure of the order), then draft 1-2 WRs a little later to try to get some competition at that position. They have the extra 3rd round pick from the Marshall trade to use if they want to move up in the second round or even back into the late first round.

Ary, how would you feel about Weeden in the 2nd round? Not saying that is the answer but in the 'fins situation, it may make more sense since he is considered ready to start...

My household is a house divided. I like the Camthers, the old girl likes the Packers, and the boy likes the JETS.

The Panthers will take Fletcher Cox I reckon. And try to snag up a WR later.

TC, if Stephen Hill is there for you guys in the second, that would be a solid 2 rounds. I think Hill has more upside than any WR in the draft....

Back