Dynarider's All Heart

ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
Got an update on Dyna, and it's all good news. The best is that they were able to repair his heart valve and didn't have to replace it. That should (hopefully) speed recovery. He's in a lot of pain still but is supposed to go home today or tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted; those Cheeseheads stick together.

Thanks Claire. Its so good to hear that.

Good news. Thanks Claire.

Got an update on Dyna, and it's all good news. The best is that they were able to repair his heart valve and didn't have to replace it. That should (hopefully) speed recovery. He's in a lot of pain still but is supposed to go home today or tomorrow.
Thats good to hear that he's gonna be OK.

I'll keep you posted; those Cheeseheads stick together.
Very true. Here in Wisconsin we look out for one another. :D

What happened???

Nice to know he's doing well though.

Thats good news Claire. Get well soon Dyna.

Here's to a quick recover Dyna!

Great news, Claire! Get well soon, Dyna :pray:

Get well soon.

This one is from Dyna himself:

Well I made it, hurts like hell but it's over. Left the hospital yesterday 48 hrs after surgery was completed. Nurses & Dr's told me the hopsital is no place for someone who isn't sick & all they were doing since surgery was pumping drugs into me. Surgeon was able to repair the valve vs replacing it which is a good thing, no lifetime of blood thinners. I do have 6 drugs for the next month, some make you loopy, some nauseus, etc.

Lying down in bed is a major theatrical production, due to the sternum being cut in half it feels like i'm being stabbed right in the heart, but everything is ok & that's just part of the healing process.

My repair is pretty routine for these guys as they do heart transplants all the time. Plus they are doing double lung transplants as well, that is some serious ****.

Woke up friday afternoon & had the ventilator tube down my throat..that really hurts a lot, feels like no air is getting into your lungs. Hands are tied down to the bedside so you don't try & rip anything out. Big IV thats about 4" long going into the neck, chest drainage tube as well as some electrical wire that I don't even know what the hell it was doing is tucked in there as well.

Good to be alive & home, hurts to talk & eat but that will get better.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

Glad to hear he's doing better.

Go Dyna!

That is great Claire, Ugh, that sounds like Saw IV.

Good to hear you are better Dyna.

I was thinking Iron Man. As my father in law would say, it's great to hear you're feeling pain -- sure beats the alternative, right? Seriously, though, overrall sounds like the best possible news, and I hope you'll be whole and hail in no time!

I keep forgetting to post updates, sorry.

Wi's been up and about a bit, with his wife (who must be a saint!) helping quite a bit. He gets tired easily though.

The meds are getting to him--shakes, no ability to concentrate (which is why he isn't checking in here--typing is hard), can't sleep for long without wacky dreams, that sort of thing. It's tough, but this is the sort of thing that, as he gets better and reduces his meds, will go away.

The first couple of weeks post-op are always really hard, but he really is on the upswing.

I've been popping over to the frat party to get updates!

No. . .

Great to hear again Claire. I couldn't imaging what Dyna is going through right now.

Great to hear again Claire. I couldn't imaging what Dyna is going through right now.

You don't want to from what I have heard from other people that have had a similar proceedure done.

Spoiler
When the docs remove the chest drainage tubes they use a "grip it and rip it" moto. I'm not talking about the John Daily version either.

I'm back boys & girls.
Claire, thinks for updating everyone. It's been rough & still having a hell of time with the recovery but it's getting better.

I will post some pics if anyone wants, Claire has seen them. Shows me all drugged up, intubated, half naked, etc. If not then I won't.

Have a little bit of catching up to do, this is the 1st day I have felt like spending a bit more time on the net.

Back