Callaway HX Hot Bite and others

paulthewitt

Reaction score
Handicap
I am currently gaming the NXT tour, but cant help that feel there is a beter ball for me out there somewhere. If i am honest i want a ball like a Pro V1 (or tp red ldp, Tour i, One Tour, etc...) something with lots of spin!

However, i am cheap....and not good enough yet, i will lose too many to make it a decent endeavor. So i am stuck with lower cost balls (no i cant even afford ebay priced Pro V's!!!!)

Anyway, as i started with...i game the NXT tour, but i want more spin. I have read some bits on the HX Hot Bite and it could be a good un. The HX Hot was always great off my driver from the ones i found in the long grass, but had zero stopping power.

So...has anyone played these....and what was your thoughts. I am aware they may shred quite quickly, but if it spins a lot for it, i dont mind.

Any comparison to the NXT would be great...or suggestions of other similar priced balls that spin more.

Thanks for all your help

Check out the review and recent thread on the Nike Vapors.

Check out the review and recent thread on the Nike Vapors.

I actually had a look for that but seem to have my stupid hat on and cant find it....any chance of a link?

It's the thread right below this one :D, HERE is the link to the thread, and HERE is the review that includes the Vapor as well as the other two Nike One offerings this year. Sorry I haven't used any Cally balls yet this year, not really on the radar.

If you can afford to shell out $100 (one time thing tho, not often, $100 and u get free shipping i think), you can get PLENTY of AAA quality (they are fine quality, I get them all the time) High-End balls... (Pro V's, etc.) from lostgolfballs.com

If you can afford to shell out $100 (one time thing tho, not often, $100 and u get free shipping i think), you can get PLENTY of AAA quality (they are fine quality, I get them all the time) High-End balls... (Pro V's, etc.) from lostgolfballs.com

He's across the pond Floppy so shipping probably would not be worth it for him.

Just be forewarned that the HX Hot Bite has a reputation for having a very soft cover and getting chewed up by wedges pretty easily.
Another ball to consider would be the Bridgestone E5+. Its got a urethane cover and should give you pretty good spin.

Thanks for your comments. Might get some to see how they are....the cover shredding doesnt bother me as long as it spins. May also get some e5+....though it almost feels wrong to consider a 2 piece for getting MORE spin!

The nike vapors are still quite costly over here....well, more than i wanna pay!!

I gamed the HX Hot Bites last year and still have a box or two to get rid of. Matter of fact I played them over the weekend and still had the same problem as last year...they are great off the driver but the get scuffed up on the wedges quickly. I was able to stop them fairly well on the green but since they scuff so easily I just dont play them often.

You might also consider the Precept U-Tri Tour. Its a 3-piece ball that has a urethane cover and here in the states they sell for $20 a dozen.

Back