Srixon Z-Star vs. Nike One Tour

907golfer12

Makin a comeback!
Reaction score
Handicap
JB, I leave for Arizona tonight, and I will be buying a case of golf balls down there tomorrow. The two balls that I am looking at buying are the Srizon Z Star and the Nike One Tour. I played both predecessors and loved them both, but from what I have read they are both improvements over the predecessor. So if you could, I'd like a little comparative review of the 2 balls. Thanks in advance.

How about you buy a 1/2 case of one, 1/2 case of the other, and you tell us? :good:

I agree with WSE on this one. Every golf ball is different for different players. After my B330RX review I strongly suggest getting a ball fitting if you can. It is crazy how many people currently play the wrong golf ball because they think they are "supposed to play a certain level ball".

How about you buy a 1/2 case of one, 1/2 case of the other, and you tell us? :good:

That could work. But I'd much rather play just one ball, I haven't hit off grass because of winter, and want to take out one of the variables.

A lot depends on your swing speed and launch. I went with 2 scratch golfers and myself and we got ball fitted. I was amazed that one of the scratch players was fitted for a 2 piece ball. Since then he has back to back rounds in the 60s.

A lot depends on your swing speed and launch. I went with 2 scratch golfers and myself and we got ball fitted. I was amazed that one of the scratch players was fitted for a 2 piece ball. Since then he has back to back rounds in the 60s.

My swing speed is in the mid to high 90s and my launch is just about ideal for my swing speed, my trouble is when I'm swinging bad I spin the ball way to much.

That could definitely change if you were playing a less spinny ball. I would suggest a ball fitting to everybody. Most people have a tendency to let ego get in the way and will not play a ball that is not "tour caliber".

But these are the same people that cannot understand why more than 50% of PGA players are using cavity back clubs.

I wouldn't even know where to go for a ball fitting. Maybe I'll ask the pro at my club.

That could definitely change if you were playing a less spinny ball. I would suggest a ball fitting to everybody. Most people have a tendency to let ego get in the way and will not play a ball that is not "tour caliber".

But these are the same people that cannot understand why more than 50% of PGA players are using cavity back clubs.

I have said before, I would love to do a ball fitting, but there isn't anywhere to do it in Alaska.

Not to thread jack but I bought a box of the Vapors Monday and for the price they are by far the best ball I have ever used. I wouldn't even consider an NXT after using them.

AJ,
Our thoughts as well. I did not want to mention another brand when reviewing the Vapors, but they were great and are great for their price. Glad you are having the same results we did in our review.

Not to thread jack but I bought a box of the Vapors Monday and for the price they are by far the best ball I have ever used. I wouldn't even consider an NXT after using them.

+1 so far, they didn't tear up yesterday on wedge shots and liked them off the face they felt good. I am going to play a couple more rounds comparing the two but I think we have a winner

That is so good to hear Tex. Glad they worked out.

Back