Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't hit the ball today at all. But, on the 16th tee, a downhill 151 yard par 3, I managed to draw an 8 iron pin high and only 12 feet, 4 inches away. I know, because we had to measure it for closest to the hole, which I amazingly won! (I missed the putt, though).

Last edited:
Had a shot from 40 yards. Had to get up and down to save par took my lob wedge and put it within 6inches of the cup, stopped almost dead, if it had of rolled it would have gone in. That was my best shot amongst a whole heap of bad shots today.

Playing yesterday at the Georgia gathering on greens which haven't fully recovered from aeration. They were very slow and I had been leaving putts short all day. My tee shot on the par 3 16th was long and rolled to the back edge of the green (sloping away from the hole.) So I had a long uphill putt and was determined to get it to the hole. Well I hammered the ball it rolled right into the center of the cup from about 49 feet. Of course, if it had missed the cup there would probably have been an 8 footer back down the hill.

128 yard par 3 with a short sided pin tucked in the back left corner protected by a bunker. Beauty of a PW that was tracking the entire way and ended up 5 feet short of the pin. Rolled the birdie dead in the heart.

2nd shot on a tough par 4. I was about 155 out with a two club wind in my face. Hit a nice high draw that landed just in front of the green. It stopped quicker than I was expecting but was on the front of the green. Would have been right near the pin if it had rolled out a bit further and not landed so softly. The wind was really pushing the ball around today.

1) 480 something yard par 4, hole 18. Blister a drive right center, had 159 in. Hit a perfectly pure 9 right at the stick, landed a few feet passed it and to the left, and spun back a bit and fed down the slope. Left me about 12 feet for birdie, but had I known the slope was there (never played the course before), it would've been closer. Flat green and it's sitting 2 feet from the pin.
2) Bunker shot to a foot, first one of the year, just felt perfect.
3) Hybrid off the tee to a tight fairway...pured it, and it looked exactly how I had visualized it in my mind.

I had a few really nice wedge shots today but one in particular stood out. I hit a drive off to the right, behind a tree, and had to lay-up to about 40 yards. I ended up placing my next pitch with my 56* to about 6 inches (and it was a blind shot at that). Saved par. It was that type of day for me.

Played Osprey Links to start season today. And wouldn't you know it, 16th hole was my best shot again. A draw 3rd approach shot, missed birdie putt though.

I had alot of them today, I could say the 45 foot double breaking putt that I was trying to get close, that dropped! Or the 54* wedge that I hit to within 5 inches from 80 yards out on #10.... It was a great day!

I had alot of them today, I could say the 45 foot double breaking putt that I was trying to get close, that dropped! Or the 54* wedge that I hit to within 5 inches from 80 yards out on #10.... It was a great day!

Damn dude, nice work. And look at that HC dropping, impressive stuff. Perhaps you and I should be playing each other! :D

Damn dude, nice work. And look at that HC dropping, impressive stuff. Perhaps you and I should be playing each other! :D

Thanks bro...as I said in that "what did you shoot today" thread...I am sure I'll throw triple digits up next time I am out to make up for it...lol

Thanks bro...as I said in that "what did you shoot today" thread...I am sure I'll throw triple digits up next time I am out to make up for it...lol

Let's keep the triples off the card next week

images

Cookie would not help me out with this today! :confused2:

Cookie would not help me out with this today! :confused2:

Tell them about your shots of the day! Drove a par 4 and had a 12 foot eagle putt....oh wait, that was not our green. :laughing:

You did hit a HECK of a bunker shot. 15 yard carry with ball below your feet, one foot in and one foot out all lopsided and hits it perfectly to about 6 feet and drains the putt. :clapp:

52* wedge from 112 to 6". For once, it actually stopped spinning before I wanted it to.

Only, played 9 today, but had a fantastic round at a 3 over 39. Best shot of my round was on hole #4, slight dogleg left. The ball didn't fade like it usually does, leaving me in a right fairway bunker with a dangerous shot onto the green (it's surrounded by some deep bunkers with only a small opening from my line). Playing like I was (even through the first 3), I took a chance and went for the green. Pured it out of the bunker and it landed just shy of the hole, took a few hops and stopped dead on the upslope about 2 feet from the hole. Walked off with a birdie and the best bunker shot of the year

Best shot of my round was a 215 yard 3 Wood into the wind/rain. Ball bounced onto the green rolled to the back fringe (6 feet from the cup). Tough putt for birdie.

i absolutely nutted a 5i that went about 190/200 with a stiff tailwind
it almost was a horrendous layup but thank goodness it was a few yards shy of the water hazard leaving me a chip onto the green

A couple shots today: I had hit my 3rd shot onto the green on the first hole, a par 5, with about 20 feet to the hole. The putt was slightly downhill and breaking severely right to left, and I sneaked it in to the right edge of the cup for a birdie.

The second was a recovery shot from the trees of a par 4. I hit my drive into a right to left wind, and it balloons left and into some trees that surround the cart path. I saw a good avenue through the trees that could get me onto the green, however there was a railroad tie that was on the edges of the cartpath that was directly in my path. I pull my 5i and hit a soft running pitch that went through the gap in the trees, bounces just before the railroad tie, over it, and onto the green, rolling out to 8 feet from the cup. I drained the birdie putt.

Was playing by myself this morning, before hooking up with a few other guys in the afternoon. But, as I noted in my Polara review, I hit a hell of a 6 iron this morning.

Par 3, slightly uphill. 185 yards. I nutted this 6 iron. The second I hit it, I thought, oh, this is going to be good. The ball was on a beautiful trajectory, heading right at the flag. It starts drifting a little left, but I knew it was still going to end up good. It hits pin high and sticks, about 9 inches left of the cup. I look around, because by God, if I was going to ace this, I wanted to know that someone saw it. A guy was on the next tee box, cutting grass, but wouldn't have seen it had it gone in. Made my putt for bird and moved on. Pep in my step.

Had three drives over 250 today. Unfortunately I also had some drives that massively hooked on me as well.

Posted this elsewhere, but fits better here...On a short par 3, I underestimated the effect of the headwind and my ball came up short and rolled into a small green-side water hazard. I got up there and saw the ball about 6 inches from the edge and about 1cm under the water. Deciding I wasn't about to break any course records anyway, I thought I just had to try and hit it out. I took out my 55° wedge, took a very steep swing, and popped it out to 6 ft. I missed the putt or it would have been the best par ever. Still, I thought the shot was awesome (besides the column of water that hit me flush in the face lol).

Posted this elsewhere, but fits better here...On a short par 3, I underestimated the effect of the headwind and my ball came up short and rolled into a small green-side water hazard. I got up there and saw the ball about 6 inches from the edge and about 1cm under the water. Deciding I wasn't about to break any course records anyway, I thought I just had to try and hit it out. I took out my 55° wedge, took a very steep swing, and popped it out to 6 ft. I missed the putt or it would have been the best par ever. Still, I thought the shot was awesome (besides the column of water that hit me flush in the face lol).

Bill Haas would be proud. Until he saw you miss the putt, then he would have disowned you. But for real, nice job.

Bill Haas would be proud. Until he saw you miss the putt, then he would have disowned you. But for real, nice job.

Thanks! The best/worst part was that it was barely above freezing and had been hailing/sleeting much of the round so I wasn't exactly warm. However, the water was warmer than the air so until it froze on my face it was actually a nice warm feeling both physically and mentally :)

Thanks! The best/worst part was that it was barely above freezing and had been hailing/sleeting much of the round so I wasn't exactly warm. However, the water was warmer than the air so until it froze on my face it was actually a nice warm feeling both physically and mentally :)

Well, add in all that, and you are certainly braver than I!

Smoked a high cut with a 6-iron from 193 on the 11th hole. Covered the pin and actually went a good 20 feet past. Two putt birdie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back