Yep, i use mine all the time. Great for tempo work and an awesome warmup to a round or a range session.

Check out the press release below. I am very interested in this device, I think it looks like a great training aid. Anyone use one before?

WGC CADILLAC CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER RELIES ON ORANGE WHIP TRAINER[SUP]®[/SUP] IN PRACTICE AND FITNESS REGIMENS

EASLEY S.C. — The Orange Whip Trainer[SUP]®,[/SUP] one of the fastest growing training aids and fitness devices on the PGA TOUR, chalked up its third worldwide Tour win of 2012 this weekend at the WGC Cadillac Championship at Doral Resort and Spa. The winner, who relies on the Orange Whip Trainer in his practice and fitness regimens, closed with a 2-under par 70, to win by one shot – recording his fourth career PGA TOUR victory.

The Orange Whip Trainer is the ultimate golf swing trainer and fitness device for golfers. The precision designed tool combines a counter-weighting system and flexible shaft that work in unison to fuel the natural golf swing motion unique to each individual. The Orange Whip excels in helping golfers find their ideal swing plane, creating optimal lag, achieving perfect sequence of motion, promoting balance throughout the swing and building core muscle strength.

Every week, more than 150 players on the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour, Nationwide Tour and LPGA Tour make the Orange Whip Trainer part of their practice and fitness regimens. None of these professional golfers are paid an endorsement fee to use the Orange Whip Trainer; on the contrary, anyone who uses the device is required to purchase it. They choose the Orange Whip Trainer for one reason – it works.

logo.gif

You can also find them on the bay for cheaper than the advertised price.

Yep, i use mine all the time. Great for tempo work and an awesome warmup to a round or a range session.
I'm definitely very intrigued by this device. Watching the guy use it on the video on their website makes it look like it would be a great device for helping with tempo and help you achieve a nice fluid swing.

Ive been pondering the OW for a while now. I'm wondering if the Swinkey could be used the same way

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

i use the whip in combo with the speed whoosh... the whip forces you to swing in sequence

i use the whip in combo with the speed whoosh... the whip forces you to swing in sequence
This. I think this is why it is so great. You have to swing in sequence with the correct tempo or you'll be throwing that thing around like a rag doll.

its not fun bouncing the sucker off the ground cuz you are forcing it to swing out of sequence hahaha

I use mine before every round. If I'm not in a competitive round I'll break it out in the middle of a round if I'm struggling to find my tempo or if I feel I'm out of plane/coming over the top/coming from the inside-out too much.

It requires tempo, a flat plane and balance to swing it correctly. If you're missing any of those 3 components, you'll know it immediately.

My speed stik is for sale because the orange whip has replaced it for good.

It's easily one of the best training aids available! I was introduced to it by a golf professional (touring pro) in 2011 and definitely believe it has helped! Money well spent...

With three models to choose from which one would be best? Each one simulates a different motion it looks like. One for driver, mid iron and wedge. Would the original be best and does it translate through the entire bag?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

With three models to choose from which one would be best? Each one simulates a different motion it looks like. One for driver, mid iron and wedge. Would the original be best and does it translate through the entire bag?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, I'd go with the original if you're over 5'3" or so and/or can swing over about 70mph. My understanding is the smaller two models are a women's and youth version.

Also, I find that when I have bad tempo, it affects my 100 wedge just as much as my driver. At the range, I'll swing the whip, hit the wedge, whip, hit a mid-iron, whip, driver. If you can keep the same tempo and general plane through the whole set, from what I've read, heard and learned is that you'll be better off for it.

A teaching pro here in Atlanta uses one with her students quite a bit. I have seen her using it with kids and they all seem to be having a ball slinging that thing around. It IS a little over priced, though.

yeah i think they could cut the price in half and make a killing

Yeah, I agree they are overpriced but if you wait and lurk on ebay you can get a nice deal. I got one for less than half of retail shipped.

One of my local pro shops has these. They look really cool. I want to see about picking one up next time I go there. I'll have to see how much they're charging though.

Will probably evilbay one of these when the opportunity presents itself.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Will probably evilbay one of these when the opportunity presents itself.

That's what I did, I had to wait a few weeks until one presented itself to me. I went with the longest version, the Mens driver I believe.

Been looking at these for a while and was going to get one, but I overheard and saw the local pros at my range saying something about another one being better - I am not sure why but the ones they had were yellow - I looked at golfsmith and saw one called sklz gold flex for $70.
Anyone have any info on how these two compare??
Thanks
http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30050343/sklz-gold-flex-strength-and-tempo-trainer

Sklz specializes in ripping off other designs and making lower quality versions on the cheap.

Saw one of their "impact bags" the other day in the golf store. It was smaller and made of poor materials compared to the original. And have used one of their putting greens? Blech!!!

Sklz specializes in ripping off other designs and making lower quality versions on the cheap.

Saw one of their "impact bags" the other day in the golf store. It was smaller and made of poor materials compared to the original. And have used one of their putting greens? Blech!!!

Thanks - next time at the range I am just going to go ask the pros what the deal is

The Orange Whip folks were at the demo days today and I was eager to speak with them. I have been hitting my irons well but my tempo with my driver and getting stuck a bit was messing with my longer club hitting. I was the only one at their tent so I got a great demo and got a chance to get warmed up with the whip. First thoughts is that it's heavy and is going to be a bit of a work out when practicing with it. This should strengthen the old core and hopefully lead to some more distance. I also think it's really going to help with my balance, one from increasing muscle strength, but also from improving my tempo with the longer clubs. So after I got warmed up I went down the line and hit a bunch of clubs today. My swings with the hybrids and drivers was slightly better than yesterday, especially with a better tempo and I went back and swung it a few more times and again had improved results. Given the positives I found with it I picked one up.

The Orange Whip folks were at the demo days today and I was eager to speak with them. I have been hitting my irons well but my tempo with my driver and getting stuck a bit was messing with my longer club hitting. I was the only one at their tent so I got a great demo and got a chance to get warmed up with the whip. First thoughts is that it's heavy and is going to be a bit of a work out when practicing with it. This should strengthen the old core and hopefully lead to some more distance. I also think it's really going to help with my balance, one from increasing muscle strength, but also from improving my tempo with the longer clubs. So after I got warmed up I went down the line and hit a bunch of clubs today. My swings with the hybrids and drivers was slightly better than yesterday, especially with a better tempo and I went back and swung it a few more times and again had improved results. Given the positives I found with it I picked one up.

Good call! I like and use mine on a regular basis still. Great tool and really helps with driver tempo and not getting ahead of myself IMHO.

Nice writeup Frank! I have been pondering the OW for a while now

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I think it's really going to help CL. I went out and used it 3 separate times today. Both right and left handed. You can easily tell when you are not transitioning well and given its weight it pulls you off balance as well.

Tapatalk

Ive been orange whipping it everyday now for a the last five days. Can't wait to hit the range tomorrow and see if it pays off. This thing does help you learn to swing the big muscles. I am thinking a positive report will be made tomorrow.

Tapatalk

Back