Callaway RAZR Fit Driver Review

You know what, you're right - and I did do that - I just didn't write it correctly in the writeup above. Will edit that to reflect it!

I think once you get dialed in that Fit is going to be lethal.

same thing happened to me last night man....my lower body would stop and kept my hips from firing which led to blocks and slices all night. When that hapens there's no weight or offset in the world that can save you

Yep, couldn't fire my hips to save my life until late in the session. When that happened, my ball flight was much better, distance was better, and my drives straightened out with both drivers.

I think once you get dialed in that Fit is going to be lethal.

Hope so, Frank! I'd like them both to be lethal so I have a hard decision on my hands.

Speaking of hands, that Winn Dri-Tac grip is so nice on the hands. I'm having them regripped tomorrow.

After getting bitter about my course being closed for the day today, I went to the golf store and hit a demo Razr fit driver for about a half hour. They had it in a 10.5 and 9.5 in stiff flex for me to hit and it was interesting. I like to play 10.5 degree head and then get my ball flight correct with the shaft so I started hitting balls with the 10.5*.

The head of this driver feels incredible, the sound off the face is great and this is from a guy whose never really liked the sound of Callaway drivers. But, the stock shaft is not for me, and I mean really not for me. My spin rates were in the mid 4000's with the shaft and I was getting a launch angle average of 17*. If I went after the ball at all I could feel the shaft not keep up and I hit some wicked hooks with it.
I then switched to the 9,5* head and while the launch angle was slightly better at 16* average, the spin rate was about the same and the shaft was still not good for my swing. The monitor had me pretty consistently at 103 mph which is about right for me based on my last launch monitor hitting.

If this is my driver for the Morgan Cup I am going to need to have a different shaft than the stock. They didn't have any lefty demo's of the Razr Black driver but based on P4B's review if we have to play stock drivers I think that is a more likely driver for me. If we get to have a custom shaft then the FIT is probably the driver I will be gaming as I loved the way the head set up and the sound and feel.

hell yeah man....incredible feeling grip

Speaking of hands, that Winn Dri-Tac grip is so nice on the hands. I'm having them regripped tomorrow.

I'm certainly thinking about regripping the Fit and the Classsic with the Dri-Tac. I need to not feel like I'm strangling my grip.

nice buddy! I love the weighting of the head as well and you know exactly when you tagged one

After getting bitter about my course being closed for the day today, I went to the golf store and hit a demo Razr fit driver for about a half hour. They had it in a 10.5 and 9.5 in stiff flex for me to hit and it was interesting. I like to play 10.5 degree head and then get my ball flight correct with the shaft so I started hitting balls with the 10.5*.

The head of this driver feels incredible, the sound off the face is great and this is from a guy whose never really liked the sound of Callaway drivers. But, the stock shaft is not for me, and I mean really not for me. My spin rates were in the mid 4000's with the shaft and I was getting a launch angle average of 17*. If I went after the ball at all I could feel the shaft not keep up and I hit some wicked hooks with it.
I then switched to the 9,5* head and while the launch angle was slightly better at 16* average, the spin rate was about the same and the shaft was still not good for my swing. The monitor had me pretty consistently at 103 mph which is about right for me based on my last launch monitor hitting.

If this is my driver for the Morgan Cup I am going to need to have a different shaft than the stock. They didn't have any lefty demo's of the Razr Black driver but based on P4B's review if we have to play stock drivers I think that is a more likely driver for me. If we get to have a custom shaft then the FIT is probably the driver I will be gaming as I loved the way the head set up and the sound and feel.

nice buddy! I love the weighting of the head as well and you know exactly when you tagged one
You really do, but I have to say I really didn't like the stock shaft, at all. I don't know whether it is a made for or the real deal, but it just didn't feel good at all for me.

You really do, but I have to say I really didn't like the stock shaft, at all. I don't know whether it is a made for or the real deal, but it just didn't feel good at all for me.

What's your SS, Breezy? I happened to really enjoy the stock shaft on this driver today. Just goes to show how different our swings are.

What's your SS, Breezy? I happened to really enjoy the stock shaft on this driver today. Just goes to show how different our swings are.
Skimmer! 103-106 lately.

Skimmer! 103-106 lately.

Yeah, wow, I really One-T'd that one, LOL. You swing a touch faster than I do (I'm in the 97-100 range) and perhaps the shaft isn't stout enough for your swing. I certainly didn't feel the shaft to be whippy for me.

Tough news the stock shaft didn't work well for you in the Fit. Hopefully you guys get the option to choose any of the shafts off the Callaway page, but if not maybe you can find a demo day where you can try the Black and maybe even a X flex in the Fit.

At the show in T.O ths past weekend I spent time with one of the reps. The same guy I had at the CPC back in December. We played with shafts to bring the spin down.. launch was fine. Using the Graphite Design AD Di-7 it saw the spin go from 3800 to low 2000's. Have a gander at that shaft CB.

Alex

Edit: Closed setting 9.5*

All the shaft options on Cally's site were at the CPC last night so hopefully that's the case

Tough news the stock shaft didn't work well for you in the Fit. Hopefully you guys get the option to choose any of the shafts off the Callaway page, but if not maybe you can find a demo day where you can try the Black and maybe even a X flex in the Fit.

Yeah, wow, I really One-T'd that one, LOL. You swing a touch faster than I do (I'm in the 97-100 range) and perhaps the shaft isn't stout enough for your swing. I certainly didn't feel the shaft to be whippy for me.

That was part of the problem I had with the Rip'd as well. That said I liked the kick... like a donkey.

Alex

At the show in T.O ths past weekend I spent time with one of the reps. The same guy I had at the CPC back in December. We played with shafts to bring the spin down.. launch was fine. Using the Graphite Design AD Di-7 it saw the spin go from 3800 to low 2000's. Have a gander at that shaft CB.

Alex
I'm going to be doing a fitting at the CPC in Vancouver soon, so that should take care of what I should be gaming, but the Graphite Design shafts have my interest.

I'm going to be doing a fitting at the CPC in Vancouver soon, so that should take care of what I should be gaming, but the Graphite Design shafts have my interest.

Perfect! The CPC is awesome. I loved my experience the two times I have gone. this is the first time I actually puts swings on using a GD shaft.. I liked it a lot.

Alex

Focused on hitting the Fit today during the round because of its lower ball flight in a heavy 20-25 mph wind. To keep it brief, I really liked the way this driver acted in the wind. I'm able to tee it up lower than with my Classic, and the ball flight is nice and penetrating when hit well. I felt like I was crushing this driver. I did have one miss out towards the toe, which, in the wind, produced a ridiculous ballooning slice to the left, but when I hit center, the thing flew well.

Focused on hitting the Fit today during the round because of its lower ball flight in a heavy 20-25 mph wind. To keep it brief, I really liked the way this driver acted in the wind. I'm able to tee it up lower than with my Classic, and the ball flight is nice and penetrating when hit well. I felt like I was crushing this driver. I did have one miss out towards the toe, which, in the wind, produced a ridiculous ballooning slice to the left, but when I hit center, the thing flew well.

Nice mini update dude. I don't think I've hit a driver as straight as I did this one the one chance I got with it.

Nice mini update dude. I don't think I've hit a driver as straight as I did this one the one chance I got with it.

I have it set at the closed position, with the weights set in the draw position. The driver has definitely kept me a lot straighter :bulgy-eyes: off of the tee, but so has the Classic, weirdly enough. I should have hit the Classic more today to see how it acted in the wind.

My buddy just bought this driver after putting it head to head against the newest white driver, I got a chance to hit it on a couple of holes today after a not so stellar day from my driver. He has it set on the closed position and my ball flight was a nice quiet draw that just leaks into the left side of the fairway on both shots. Distance was easily farther then my current driver and the ball just feels and sounds like it's exploding off of the clubface. Definitely one I'm going to try at the next demo day in my area.

My buddy just bought this driver after putting it head to head against the newest white driver, I got a chance to hit it on a couple of holes today after a not so stellar day from my driver. He has it set on the closed position and my ball flight was a nice quiet draw that just leaks into the left side of the fairway on both shots. Distance was easily farther then my current driver and the ball just feels and sounds like it's exploding off of the clubface. Definitely one I'm going to try at the next demo day in my area.

Good stuff cheffor!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Nice update, cheffor. I agree - the ball just rockets off of the face of this driver. I will be taking this and the Fit out tomorrow during my round, so hope to provide another update tomorrow evening.

Nice update, cheffor. I agree - the ball just rockets off of the face of this driver. I will be taking this and the Fit out tomorrow during my round, so hope to provide another update tomorrow evening.

It's going to be 70 again tomorrow man.....you better go old school NWA on those 2 drivers!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I wish there was a place with an LM close by to compare the fit with my current and the ping I demo'd the other day, on the range before I hit my driver and the fit back to back and the fit looked to be 20 yards farther per the yardage markers on the range.

Back