Adams Fast 12 Forum Testing Signup - Drivers & Fairway Woods

Thanks THP and Adams for another great forum testing opportunity! Can't wait to see who the testers will be and start reading the reviews!!

Last edited:
1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play?
Driver: Taylormade R9 10.5
T3/4: Taylormade R11

2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex
Driver: Motore 65 stiff
FW: stock Blur stiff

3. What do you look for in metal woods?
Forgiveness first and foremost and then accuracy. Both are key to any wood game including the driver. Appearance is also a big thing for me. I want to be confident over every shot and the look of the club plays into that
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?
I try to stay fairly active on the forums and add what beneficial information I may have. I get to the course at least a couple times a week to play and practice when I can, will be much more often now that the weather is much nicer. I've been itching to purchase a point-of-view camera to wear and this would be a great excuse to get one and use it during testing. I would post continual updates with video and pictures as well as answer any questions the forum members may have or they could make suggestions ahead of time and I could make sure I cover or test those things while on the course to make them feel as much a part of the testing as the tester.

Thanks to Adams and THP, what an awesome opportunity.

Good luck to those chosen! Have fun with it..but do a good job!

More and more cool stuff happening at THP. Big thanks to both :thp: and :adams:

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? I currently play the Ping G20 10.5* and Taylormade RBZ 3W
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex G20 has the stiff flex TFC169D, non tour and Taylormade 3W has a Matrix Xcon5 in stiff flex.
3. What do you look for in metal woods? Ease of hitting long, high, and straight
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? While I have been able to get out a decent amount the weather has finally turned the corner and it's lighter much longer. I'll now be able to go to the range 1-2x / week and even play more in the early evenings. I will be able to get in a lot of on course testing and do some comparison against other clubs in the same category that I have currently.

My activity level is very high. I'm on daily, post often, am currently a RBZ iron tester, and Albatross club member.

Really cool opportunity here, thanks to THP and Adams Golf!

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? I play a Cleveland TL310, 8.5 loft, and a Tour Edge CB2 15 degree 3 wood
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex Miyazaki C Kua 59 in an X, and an Aldila NVS 85 in a stiff flex, but probably need an X in the 3 wood too
3. What do you look for in metal woods? For drivers, I like anything that looks good behind the ball at address, preferably a square or open setup for the face, and nothing shaped too extreme in terms of the clubhead. Fairway woods, I like a smaller head(drivers too for that matter) for workability and hitting the ball lower when I need to, and it has to sit well off the deck for me, I prefer not to tee anything up besides a driver so it has to work off the deck or its a no go for me.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'm available to get on a range at least once a week, and a course once every two weeks for now because of school, but maybe more time will open up now as school is winding down. Im getting more active posting now, so I can chime in and give feedback for all kinds of players on here.

This is great would love for the opportunity to test these, adams has some cool products coming out at the minute.

I currently play Titleiest 910 D3 with Project x 6.0 shaft (graphite) and 910F with same shaft

I like something that look good at address (not too closed looking in address) otherwise simple graphics styles i prefer classic shapes rather than more triangular shapes of some modern woods. I also like a proper quality shaft fitted not a made for.

My testing process
I play about 3 times a week plus my club has an outdoor range which is flat where you can use your own balls (u have to pick them up but at least you can measure yardages accurately)

So i would be able to do good comparisons between my current clubs and adams one as well as play them on the course to see how they perform on the course turf interaction and ease of shaping shots etc...

good luck to everyone who is trying for the test clubs

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Titleist D2 and Rocketballz 3 wood
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex? Titleist D2 has a Diamana illima regular shaft and the RBZ has a Matriz Ozik Xcon regular shaft
3. What do you look for in metal woods? I look for something which has quite a deep face and a natural pear shape, not really interested in square metal woods. I'm open to adjustability in my woods but its not a must
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? As the golf season has just started in Scotland my testing will be at least 3 rounds of golf a week on my course. I would really like to compare the 3 wood to the RBZ as there is talk the RBZ should be the bench mark for all woods now with regards to distance but dispresion can vary with the RBZ. My activity is really high on THP, on it every day reading and pitching in on threads.

Thanks THP and Adams

Way to go Adams for the forum testing!

Callaway Razr Hawk 10.5 Tour driver and Razr Hawk 3w

2. What shafts are in those clubs?
The driver has the tour RIP 60 stiff shaft in it and the 3w has the Callaway 60 stiff shaft in it.

I look for forgiveness off the tee and a solid 3w that can hit off the deck. I have struggled with some 3w off the deck in the past.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I plan on getting out to the range once or twice a week with the club. I also plan on playing once or twice a week too. I play in a 9 hole league and often 18 on the weekends. I spend most of my time on THP taking about golf and new equipment. I really love just hanging out talking about what is new and what is working for me.

Thank you THP and Adams for doing this testing!

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Taylormade Superfast 2.0 driver and 3 metal

2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex stock TM shafts

3. What do you look for in metal woods? In a driver I look for a low launch and low spin. Something with a good sound and feel as well. In a fairway wood iBook for similar traits and something that is easy to hit off the fairway or rough.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level. I feel that I am pretty active here on THP. Testing will include on course, range and simulator. Probably more on course than anything now that the weather in Philly is starting to break.

Wow this is awesome! I have been sitting on the fence about getting this fairway wood for a while. I would love to be chosen, but I'm sure whoever is will give insight that might sway me to pull the trigger.

My driver is a Nike VR Pro, and my fairway is the Adams Speedline Fast 10 fairway wood.

My driver has a project x 6.0(stiff), while my fairway has a stiff Adilla Wasabi shaft.

I look more for forgiveness and accuracy in a metal than distance, although a little of that always helps. I would always rather be 170 out in the middle of the fairway than 100 out in the rough or behind trees.

Well, the weather is absolutely fantastic here, and I have been golfing every day after school. I would test them out on the course first to judge playability and workability. I would see how I could hit the fairway out of a variety of lies including divots, fairway bunkers, hardpan, the rough, and of course the fairway. I would then test it on the range to get better distance numbers and a explanation of the club's basic preformace. As for my activity, I am on every day when I have the chance. I don't have very many posts, but I enjoy browsing the site and commenting on things that really catch my interest.

Tappin!

Last edited:
What a great opportunity. I have had a chance to mess around with the driver a bit but wanted to try the fairway wood. Thanks to Adams golf and THP for a great opprortunity!

Currently have R11 TP 9* driver and 14* r11s 3 wood

Driver is fujikura blur 65 in stiff and the 3 wood is RIP Phenom 70 in stiff flex.

I look for a metal wood to perform first and foremost. Something that is solid and forgiving and easy to hit. Looks aren't really a factor but still a nice plus.

My testing would be just like exactly everything else. Some range time to get used to swinging the club and find out how to get the best results. After get used to the club it goes in the bag and gets put to use. I have a few metal woods at home that would be involved with the testing to really get a feel how good the clubs perform. Along with the r11's I also have callaway Diablo octane driver and FW to test along the way.

In the few months I have been here I have been active as much as possible. I check the forums daily and when I feel I have some valuable input I post my thoughts and opinions. I really love this site and helping others with the feedback that I can provide with so many others. Once again thanks to THP and Adams golf and I know everyone will be happy these are getting tested.
Seriously. Tappin'.

I would absolutely LOVE to test these clubs. I hit the Speedline driver best on the machine but went with the G20 for other reasons. From a selfish perspective, this would give me a conclusive opportunity to answer the question of whether or not I chose properly. From a more altruistic perspective, I’m very committing to taking this seriously and providing meaningful info to this community.

Driver – Currently game a Titleist 909D3 9.5*. Have just purchased and am awaiting delivery of a Ping G20 9.5* driver.
FW – Do not currently carry a FW in my bag, use a Callaway RAZR X 3 Hybrid in its place. Have just purchased and am awaiting delivery of a Ping G20 3w.

Titleist 9093D: Titleist Diamora Blue 65, Stiff
Callaway RAZR X: Callaway Mid Torque / Mid Low Kick / H60G, Stiff
Ping G20’s: TFC 169D & TFC 169F, Stiff

I am very much about function over form - will the club help me enjoy the game? Feel and performance are far more important than aesthetics. Performance for me usually is slanted toward GI considerations – accuracy, forgiveness, ease of hitting off the deck and the tee, etc. Distance in a fairway wood is not as important, although it could be a consideration if it meant leaving a driver out of the bag.

I am a newer THP member, but I am very active - to the dismay of my wife, I read and post multiple times per day.

My testing process will be to incorporate this club into my current golf activities, which are lessons, practice and, now that the weather is improving, playing. Between all of the above there should be Trackman numbers, regular range feedback and reaction to how the club performs on the course. It is probably inevitable that I will be comparing these to the stuff currently in my bag and the recent purchases, although my focus will definitely be Adams centric. My reports will always include information about the weather, the ball I am playing and an honest assessment of my swing that day.

Thanks very much to THP and Adam for giving us this opportunity!

Last edited:
Great testing opportunity! Can't wait to hear all about these!

I suggested this on Adams's FB page and it came true! thanks Adams and THP for ANOTHER great opportunity!

1. My driver is a Callaway FT-i andmy fairways are Mizuno JPX-800.

2. The driver is a Fujikura Speeder 686 in stiff flex and the fairways are Mitsubishi Fubuki in regular flex.

3. I want a fairway that is long and accurate and that I can hit off the deck easily.

4. I will be on the range at least three nights a week and before rounds on weekends. I can do a heads up comparison with almost any fairway wood on the market due to the extensive resources of the pro shop @ the range. I can practice many types of shots there. I will be on the course two night a week practicing with my local high school's golf team (not on the team, I go to private school but practice with them). I can get input from many other junior golfers ranging from scratch players to over 20 handicaps. In addition, I will be playing every weekend both days, and will be playing every single day when school is out in a few months. I've been an active member of the site for six months now. While we've had some woes, I think my time here has been great!

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Cleveland CG Black Driver and 3 Wood
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex? Both clubs have the Miyazaki C. Kua 39 Limited Edition Shaft in stiff flex
3. What do you look for in metal woods? For my metal woods, I look for feel first, and then how easy they are to hit of the tee and off tight fairways, where you need that extra distance.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am on THP everyday and post when applicable. As far as testing I will test the clubs on the range and on the course and use photos as well as video in my reviews. My course is 3 minutes from the house, so it is easy for me to get out at least 2-3 times a week.

I'm very glad to see Adams Golf offering another testing opportunity for the THP members. Thanks to Adams Golf and to THP!!

I’m currently playing with a 9.5 degree Nike VR_S Driver and a 15.5 degree Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood

The Nike VR_S has the stock Fubuki K, 57 gram shaft in a stiff flex and the Cleveland Mashie Fairway has the stock Miyazaki C Kua 59 shaft in a stiff flex.

With a driver, I am looking for accuracy over everything else. Distance is important, but if I can’t keep it in the fairway, being 10 yards further into the woods doesn’t help me much. I appreciate any help the club can provide to straighten out a miss hit ball. I rarely try to move the ball left or right intentionally, so workability is pretty low on my list of features.

With a fairway wood, I would add versatility to the request for accuracy. I look for a club that is equally good off the tee as it is the fairway. Similar to the driver, being 17 yards further into the trees doesn’t help my score nearly as much as a shorter, straighter shot. Again, workability is not high on my personal wish list.

I go to the range once or twice a week, and will be playing at least nine holes almost every week for the next few months. I am on THP daily, and have been a longtime member here, having tested several products in the past.

Great testing opportunity, thank you to THP and Adams Golf for giving 8 of us a chance to test these!

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Taylormade R11 driver, Nike VR-S 3w, Taylormade R11 5w
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex Aldila RIP X in the driver, Mitsibushi Rayon Fubuki stiff in the 3w, Fujikura Motore F1 stiff in the 5w
3. What do you look for in metal woods? Something strong off the tee but really useful off the fairway. Shallow to mid profile faces give me a bit more confidence off the fairway than a deep faced fairway wood.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? At least one weekly update, photos and videos as needed, as well as answering questions by other members as quickly as possible. Activity level on the board is usually multiple logins per day.

Sweet opportunity provided to the forum from Adams Golf!!

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Titleist 909 D2 driver & Callaway FT 3 wood
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex Driver - PX 5.5 & 3 wood - Pro Launch blue 65R
3. What do you look for in metal woods? Driver - dispersion is key as I must stay in play, followed by respectable distance. 3 wood - I like a 3 wood that I can hit off the tee as well as from the deck and when off the deck I like one that helps to get the ball up in the air, nice mid-high trajectory.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing process would consist of range & on course playing at least 2x/week (usually more like 3-4 since there is enough daylight to play after work). I like to use a mixture of video, photo, and written text in my reviews. THP activity level is high.

Wow, great stuff THP and Adams Golf! A few lucky ones will be able to test some great clubs for sure!

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? I game a Taylormade Burner Superfast 10,5* and no fairway wood at the moment.
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex: it's a standard Matrix Ozik XCon shaft in regular flex. But I need a stiffer shaft due to swing change and higher swing speed.
3. What do you look for in metal woods? Primary distance since I'm a natural short hitter.
I would be honored to test clubs for THP. I would test the clubs as often as possible and report back with text, photos and videos that might help the review. At the moment I go to an outdoor range twice a week and have lessons every other week. Would game the clubs then and as soon as the courses open here in 3-4 weeks I will take them out as often as I can. At the range I have the ability to test the clubs in comparison to other metal woods since I have demo clubs at my disposal. And report back with my impressions from the course as soon as I've been out on it and continue to do so. I am on THP on a daily basis and browse around, talk to the guys and give feedback where I can and try to contribute to THP. My guess is that my activity level will increase as the golf season starts here for real and the courses open.

Tappin' for world peace in HD!

Last edited:
Wow this is a pretty sweet opportunity for THP'ers ! I would like to be a part of this but I have alot on my plate due to my purchase of the TaylorMade RBZ Driver. Goodluck to everyone who enters!!

Out due to RH only, but looking forward to the results! Thanks to THP and Adams for the opportunity to have this testing!

R9 460 Driver, Diablo Octane 3 wood

Both have UST Mamiya V2 Proforce shafts in stiff

3. What do you look for in metal woods
I look for forgiveness and distance, driver has to be able to stay in play. I like a lower profile 3 wood for shots in the fairway.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity levels
Testing would consist of a mixture of range and on course time 2-3 times per week (weather permitting) my activity levels on THP dips during the winter but as in the past I will be as active as I can during the golf season.

TM R11 & Callaway Big Bertha 09
[SIZE=-1]Fujikura Blur stiff & Callaway Golf Big Bertha Diablo Fairway Wood shaft stiff[/SIZE]
im always looking for that edge, somthing that will give me a little extra distance and forgivness without giving up accuracy.
well i like to get out atleast 4 times a week to practice and 2 times on the course but during those days i would compare them to my current gear and my back up gear(r7 and r5) i like to get a lot of video on myself. my activity level is really good i log on every day but recently ive been lurking with a few posts here and there but i like getting in on the conversation id like to show people what i can do.

Wow, great opportunity to test an intriguing line of woods. Thanks :adams: & :thp:!!

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5*, Fairway: Tour Edge Exotics XCG-3 16.5*
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex Driver shaft: Diamana Whiteboard 63x5ct (Stiff) Fairway shaft: Fujikura Motore 75 (Stiff)
3. What do you look for in metal woods? 1st- keep the driver in the fairway 2nd- long distance 3rd- successfully elevate my fairway wood off the deck
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play 18 every Saturday with my regular group, every other week I'll add 9 holes on Sunday with my 12 yr old son. I hit the range at least once during the week. I live in Florida so weather is not a problem. I'm on THP everyday, and I'll be hacking it up with 59 other lucky THPers at the outing in May :)

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? I am currently playing the Nike VrS driver and Taylormade RBZ 3W.
2. What shafts are in those clubs? I have the Mitsubishi Rayon stock Fubuki stiff in my driver and the Matrix Ozik stock stiff shaft in my 3W.
3. What do you look for in metal woods? I am big on size and shape. I like a square face or just a bit shut. In regards to performance I like a mid to high launch that I can bring down if need be. I also look for workability. My go to shot is a soft fade but being able to play a right to left is key as well.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I will continue to play every week weather it be in the course or on the range. I will also be interested in some real numbers so I will put the club through its paces on a launch monitor. I will also update and participate in active forum conversations about the clubs with the other testers and all that have questions.
I am and have been a very active member of THP on a daily basis. I support all they do and assist when needed. My level will remain consistent if chosen to test or as support for those that were chosen.

Thank you Adams and THP for this opportunity to provide real time feedback.

Back