Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I posted this story in another forum, but I think its appropriate here:

A few years ago a friend of a friend invited me out to play at Country Club of the South, a super-rich course that is actually right next door to River Pines where the outing will be. There was no one famous in my foursome, but our betting pool that day included Steve Bartksowski and John Smoltz (nothing big, $20 a man for a Chicago tournament). About four holes into our round, I really needed to relieve myself, but I wasn't about to wander into the woods on a fancy course, built among schmancy houses. There was finally a restroom on the 5th or 6th tee, so I slipped in there before teeing off. When I popped out of the restroom, one of the members of our foursome said to my host "What kind of woman did you bring with you today? There are plenty of places for men to pee all over the course!".

Is this not normal :bulgy-eyes:?
BUT OF COURSE it is Cuzz !!! :laughing:

I posted this story in another forum, but I think its appropriate here:

A few years ago a friend of a friend invited me out to play at Country Club of the South, a super-rich course that is actually right next door to River Pines where the outing will be. There was no one famous in my foursome, but our betting pool that day included Steve Bartksowski and John Smoltz (nothing big, $20 a man for a Chicago tournament). About four holes into our round, I really needed to relieve myself, but I wasn't about to wander into the woods on a fancy course, built among schmancy houses. There was finally a restroom on the 5th or 6th tee, so I slipped in there before teeing off. When I popped out of the restroom, one of the members of our foursome said to my host "What kind of woman did you bring with you today? There are plenty of places for men to pee all over the course!".

That's FUNNY !!!!!!!!!! LOL

12 more days until the GET TOGETHER !!!!! :joy: :blob: :banana::clapp:

Yes folks there are only 12 days until the Outing. Unfortunately four have had to cancel and I hope they can join us next time. I wanted to check with those who are driving in and wanted to grab another round on Sunday. I need to know what direction you will be traveling home from Atlanta. I want to make sure we can get something close. We are set at The Creek Hard Labor but wanted to do a final check. Please PM me so I know if you want to play and how you are traveling.

TapAhoy!

Yes folks there are only 12 days until the Outing. Unfortunately four have had to cancel and I hope they can join us next time. I wanted to check with those who are driving in and wanted to grab another round on Sunday. I need to know what direction you will be traveling home from Atlanta. I want to make sure we can get something close. We are set at The Creek Hard Labor but wanted to do a final check. Please PM me so I know if you want to play and how you are traveling.

TapAhoy!

Just Saturday for me. Thanks

I just looked at the Riverpines web site, they were closed today for aerification.

I specifically asked the guy at pro shop and he told me they were not scheduled to aerate this month. Thanks for the heads up Lefty I will check into this tomorrow. That just irritates me. I guess that's another thread.

TapAhoy!

Does anyone how long it takes for greens to get back into shape?
TapAhoy!

TapAhoy!

depends ...

1) how well they sanded them in after
1a) if the roll them or not
2) if they are watering them yet - which I doubt at this time of year
3) how warm it stays and the grass is growing well

IF they did them today, they will be in pretty good shape, imo, 12 days from now

TapAhoy!

A lot will depend upon whether they used large or small tines. The larger the tines the longer the recovery.

TapAhoy!

I sent you a PM, but thought that I'd answer here so others would be in the know

I'd LIKE to play on Sunday, and I am PREPARED to do so, even if only one other person wants to

I'd like to travel back home taking I85 to Greenville, so anything out on the north side out that way would be 'preferred', but not 'required'

Thanks for the consideration !!

TapAhoy!

We did the large core aeration with heavy sand at our place two weeks ago today and the greens are horrible right now. Those holes make a rolling putt look like pinball or something.

The small holes are very playable the next day and undetectable after a week.

spoke to river pines and they said the greens will be fine for a outing on the 24th

TapAhoy!

I am so wishing our company had picked another weekend, I really was looking forward to seeing all of you guys and possibly a few of the ladies. Have fun.

spoke to river pines and they said the greens will be fine for a outing on the 24th

TapAhoy!

The greens should be playable. They will more than likely still show the aeration marks (obviously sanded over), but they should be smooth enough to be playable. We'll have fun nonetheless.

T0AD and myself will most likely ride up together for the Saturday round. We are not able to play both days but looking forward to Saturday!

T0AD and myself will most likely ride up together for the Saturday round. We are not able to play both days but looking forward to Saturday!

it'd be fun to be in your foursome, take someone to the woodshed LOL !!

I need to tag along with OG and bring my cameras. I'm sure there will be a lot of wonderful bloopers and beauties to get. SMILE you're on Candid Camera!

I need to tag along with OG and bring my cameras. I'm sure there will be a lot of wonderful bloopers and beauties to get. SMILE you're on Candid Camera!

That would be great KB! I couldn't make this one because of our opening MGA tournament that day, so I would love to see some of the action and fun captured on film.

That would be great KB! I couldn't make this one because of our opening MGA tournament that day, so I would love to see some of the action and fun captured on film.

+1 on this v.man, I would love to see the pics of the fun weekend.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Hopefully the weather next weekend will be as nice as this weekend.

Saturday March 24, 2012

Golf at River Pines Golf Course in Johns Creek, GA.

8:00 - 9:00 Meet/Greet/Check In -- Check
9:00 - 9:45 Range time -- Check
10:00 - 10:20 Tee times in foursomes (12 people) -- Check

How many people do we have scheduled to play now? T0AD and myself will be at the course on time hopefully at 08:00 a.m. Also who are we paired with? If possible pair us up with some new folks. I know this is hard to do because of the October Get Together!

Last edited:
KellyBo just informed me she might be making the trip to ride around and watch the golf. :blob: Her own cart mind ya, so she can keep up with the different pairings.

That would be great. Hope she can make it!:clapp:

Back