Adams Fast 12 Forum Testing Signup - Drivers & Fairway Woods

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

With so many opinions around the Adams Fast 12 Driver & Fairway Woods, we thought doing a forum testing was in order. Testers will receive either a driver or fairway wood to review.

01.03.12_AdamsSpeedline12Driver_.jpg

Criteria
You must be able to play golf (either on course, driving range or indoor facility).
Equipment testers Hanks, Hawk & Puttin4Bird will be a part of this forum testing.
EIGHT others will be selected to participate as well.
If selected, shipping is free for Albatross Club members only.
If you are not a member & would like to become one, click here.
RH Only for this testing.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the metal woods out (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You must be on the forum to answer questions throughout the testing period as well as discuss the equipment thoroughly. This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a few months. At the end of the testing, the club will be yours to keep. However, failure to fulfill your duties as a tester will resort in the forfeiture of the clubs and you will be required to return the clubs to THP. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out the forum testing example thread here.

You will also be responsible for posting a review of the club on the Adams Golf website.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play?
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex
3. What do you look for in metal woods?
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you could find out about testing before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

Testers
KMac - Driver
IceyShanks - FW Wood
barryjmunro - Driver
Steel President - FW Wood
jeanthemachine - FW Wood
Adam0304 - Driver
khoover - Driver
marshallucf - FW Wood

LOTS of 1st time testers in this group. Looking forward to everybody's feedback. If your name is on the list, please send GolferGal a Private Message with your name and shipping address. If you are an Albatross Member, your shipping is free of charge, if you are not a member, GolferGal will get you a quote for the shipping of the item.

Last edited:
That's awesome! I think these are going to be a real treat for people. I had a hard time not hitting the center of the clubface with this driver.

Good luck everyone!

I am really excited to be able to be involved in this testing. Since the Fast12 line was introduced I have been hearing nothing but great things. I can't wait to see who else will be joining us in this testing, good luck everyone!

Thanks to Adams and THP for bringing another testing opportunity to the people!

Good luck to all you righties who will be chosen!

Such an awesome opportunity!

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5 Wood: Nike VR 13 degree
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex? Driver: PX Black 6.5 Wood: Aldila Voodoo X
3. What do you look for in metal woods? Driver: Low Launch, Low Spin and Forgiveness. Wood: Something I can hit off the deck that goes straight
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I will create a testing template that I will fill out each time I hit the club and post in the testing thread. I would say I am fairly active.

Thanks for the opportunity....

I current play a Cleveland Hibore XL driver with a stiff Alidila VS Proto shaft. Love this club. For woods I play an Adams Speedline LP with the stock Matrix Radix stiff shaft (both 3 and 5 wood)...last season i used a 15.5 mashie and may go back to that if i struggle with the Speedline off the tee
listed above
well i prefer the smaller heads as I would rather have something that i can use both off the tee and get up off the deck with ease...not a big fan of the 3 woods that mainly serve as a driver replacer
well my activity level here mainly is a long time lurker...as far as my testing process, i like to practice and usually get 2 range sessions and one round in a week

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Driver is an Adams Fast 12 and my fairway wood is an Adams F11
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex - Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue SC Stiff is in the Driver - Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Stiff is in the fairway wood.
3. What do you look for in metal woods? Distance and forgiveness. I rarely try to work the ball, I just want the ball to go has far as I can make it go. And in the all to frequent occasion that I don't put a perfect swing on the ball, I need to have the clubhead forgive my eagerness.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am on THP almost daily. It is my sole source of tour and equipment golf news. I Play 27 holes a week during the season, and frequent many of the local ranges.

I love these trials!! Thanks Adams and THP!

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? R11 driver & Cleveland FL 3 wood 15 degree
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex - R11 , stiff flex Fujikura Blur . Cleveland FL , stiff shaft Miyazaki.
3. What do you look for in metal woods? Driver I look for distance and forgiveness. 3 wood I look for forgiveness and how easy it is to hit off the turf.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? My testing process is extensive range time , 3-4 times per week plus 2-3 playing rounds per week. THP activity level is very frequent , I am continually on the site throughout the day and love to interact with fellow golfers!

Wow, what an opportunity for THP with this one! I will be following this testing very closely, but as a Lefty, I have to abstain. I do want to thank Adams Golf and THP for the opportunity, though!

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? I play the R11 driver and R11 fairway wood
2. What shafts are in those clubs?Both Type & Flex. The shafts are the Diamana ahina X flex in my R11, and the Diamana Kai'li X flex in my FW
3. What do you look for in metal woods? I look for distance, accuracy and forgiveness
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am an active member of the THP family and live in a climate that allows me to golf year round. I post frequently and will give objective and subjective feedback in the way of data and impressions as well as results on these clubs if chosen. Thanks THP and Adams Golf!

THP keeps rolling out the testings!!! I am very curious about how this FW will perform.

Can't wait to read the reviews on it.

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Ping G15 driver , Nike Sumo2 3w
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex Driver: X-flex TFC 149 shaft 3W: Stiff stock diamana
3. What do you look for in metal wood? Performance off the tee in terms of distance and a piercing ball flight. I'm not a big fan of hitting off the deck.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am on THP daily and post whenever I feel I can add to the conversation. Testing process will involve playing 2+ times per week and comparing performance vs the Nike Sumo2 and Ping G15 3w (dad's).

​Thanks again THP and Adams!

Thanks to Adams Golf and THP for another great opportunity for testing!

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Driver= R9 Supertri FW= Cleveland Launcher FL 3W

2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex R9 shaft is Matrix Radix HD 5, stiff. Cleveland FL is Miyazaki C. Kua 59, stiff.

3. What do you look for in metal woods? I look for accuracy, and the ability to keep it in the fairway. That, plus good distance.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I have been fortunate enough to test in the past for THP, and my testing process consists of dedicated range time as well as a round of 18 and a round of 9 holes each week. Activity level on THP is high, to quite high. I like to think I bring something to the table here on the forums, and enjoy spending as much time as I can on THP!

Awesome opportunity yet again. Thanks to :adams: and :thp:!!!!

Cleveland Black Driver and RBZ 3W.
Miyazaki C Kua 39S in the Cleveland Black and the stock Matrix XCON 5 in the RBZ.
Forgiveness, distance and accuracy. I am not much of a worker of the ball, so I'm mostly looking for consistently straight ball flight.
These will be evaluated against my current equipment, as well as some of my backup gear (Nike Machspeed Black driver and Cobra Baffler 3W). Starting on the range, then moving to the course. I try to play once a week, and I have a regular league that starts in late spring. I'll be looking at them as if I were evaluating them to become my gamers. I try to be as active as work and life allows. I'm not as knowledgable on all things golf as some folks here, but I try to contribute when I can. I'm usually lurking during the day when I'm not in meetings.

Thanks again for the opportunity to sign up for this! I'm looking forward to this one regardless of whether or not I'm selected!

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Callaway Razr Hawk and Wilson Staff DXI 3 wood
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex Prolaunch Blue 65 for Razr Hawk and Aldilia VooDoo in 3 wood. Both are Stiff flex
3. What do you look for in metal woods? Something that is easy to hit off of the turf and gets the ball up quickly. I also like to hit 3 wood off of the tee so something that offers good distance as well.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I will be able to test these clubs outside on both the course and range multiple times a week. I can compare them side by side with what I currently play along with other clubs I have in my arsenal. I will update the forum threads as well as Twitter and/or Facebook. I am a very active THP member with over 17000 posts.

Thank you Adams Golf and THP for this wonderful opportunity!

Pretty cool to see Adams doing another big forum testing. I think those guys in that A12 test thread really did a good job, they spanked it so to speak.

Ping G20 driver and Mashie 3W.

Stock shafts stiff flex in both.

I look for a few things in my metal woods. Distance and control being two of the more important ones. After that I like a good stock shaft offering and good looks. Doesnt hurt to have a nice headcover too.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing would involve range time to get to know the club and of course as much course time as possible. Nothing gives better feedback then the course. Im a fairly active member here on THP and I forge post.

Thank you Adams for bringing the Fast12 line to THP and its members.

Looks like another great opportunity from THP! Being a left handed golfer and living in a city covered in snow really isn't paying off for me right now...

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? TaylorMade Superfast for driver and currently no FW.
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex Stiff flex stock TM shaft cut to 45"
3. What do you look for in metal woods? I want the easiest club I can hit off the deck. This is something that I have struggled with and why I currently do not have a FW.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I hit the range 2-3 times a week and play one round a week so feedback will be a few times a week with daily answers to questions as I am on THP throughout the day.

Thanks to Adams and THP for the opportunity to test the new lineup from Adams Golf.

Thank you to Adams and THP for another great opportunity for forum members. Good luck everyone and I look forward to your reviews.

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Cleveland TL310 9.5, Cleveland FL15
2. What shafts are in those clubs? In the driver I have the Miyazaki Kusala Black in Stiff and the factory Miyazaki in stiff in my three wood.
3. What do you look for in metal woods? For driver I like more of a classic look, nothing too jumbo...but I don't mind a little size to it. For fairway woods I like something not too deep and a smaller head that I can hit off of tight fairways and work the ball both ways with ease.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play 5 days a week and would put the club in play immediately. Will test it against my current equipment for accuracy/distance and workability while posting my weekly update on both THP and Adams website. I read THP daily and chime in time to time when I have something to say.

TY THP and Adams. GL to all entrants!

First of all, thanks THP for this opportunity. I have the time and interest to perform a review, particularly for fairways. I also checked out the Albatross Club, seems like a great idea. I'm definately thinking about donating, more so if I get the chance to review.

I currently play a Callaway Diablo Octane 10.5* (probably need a 9.5*), project x 6.0 Driver and a Titleist 904F, 15*, Graphite Deisgn YS-6 stiff shaft, fairway.

When choosing a metal wood, I look for forgiveness, feel, looks, confidence, adjustability, distance, accuracy, and sound.

I visit THP a couple a times a week. I find it to be a good resource and a way to talk about all things golf. I'm particularly interested in equipment and I have read most of the latest reviews. My background in engineering and technical writting should be helpfull in writing a clear, thorough review. I understand the structure of a review: Picture/Video, what the company says about it, initial thoughts, testing, and conclusions.

Thanks!

Wow! Fantastic opportunity, yet again, provided by the folks of THP!

1. - Driver and 3 Wood I currently play - Titleist 910D2 and 910F 3W

2. - Shafts - Both my driver and three wood feature the Mitsubishi Diamana 'ahina in Stiff. 72g in the driver, 82g in the three wood. Both low launch/low spin offerings.

3. - What do I look for in my woods - Distance primarily, but I like a driver/wood tandem that launches the ball at a nice, boring, medium trajectory. Workability is not a major concern of mine, as I just like to rip her straight.

4. - What do I have to offer the THP community in the testing process - Though a relatively new member, I am highly active amongst the THP! community, with an average of 20 posts a day. Being available to answer inquiries about the product and giving an honest, mid handicap review of the Adams line would be something I would take great pride in. I have been able to play at the minimum, a round of golf each week. And I have been hitting the range, at a minimum, once a week. I play on a nice, open course, so I would have the ability to open up these clubs to their full capability. I currently play Adams irons and hybrids, so I am accustomed to the brands quality and performance.

Thanks again, THP! and the Adams Golf Team!

I currently play a Boccieri Heavy Driver and Cleveland Hibore 3+. I am currently looking for a new fairway and experimenting with the Heavy 3wood as well as some of the lighter weight, and stiffer options.

2. What shafts are in those clubs?
Aldila NV X in the driver and S in the heavy wood.

Mitsubishi Fit-On gold S in the Hi bore.

These both have worked well, but I am seriously looking at a stiffer shaft option (swing speed at 116+).

I look for accuracy off the tee and distance in fairway metals.
I want something that I can rip at, and still find the fairway, as well as to be able to hit off the deck. I look to be able to shape shots in both directions. As a low handicapper, I am always looking for something to improve my long game.

My activity on THP is very high but scattered. In the coming days and weeks I absolutely get back to being more focused on golf talk(whether I'm selected or not). I average well over 15 posts per day and I try to help people as much as possible(when warranted).

My testing process will include pictures, videos, range time, simulator time, and course time. I will update the thread often with updates and findings. Being a student in the golf industry, I have many great resources at my finger tips.

I am also active on Tapatalk so I can update in real time from the driving range, and I am currently very active on Facebook and Twitter.

Thank you THP and Adams Golf for an awesome opportunity.

I am happy to see Adams jumpin in on the testing.

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? T

itleist 910 Driver and an R9 3 wood
2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex D

river has the Kai'li stiff flex and 3 wood has the stock Motore stiff

3. What do you look for in metal woods?Forgiving, effortless, and good sound. It cant sound like a Nike Machspeed and think it gets a place in my bag.

I am always active, have been since 2009!

1. What driver & fairway wood do you currently play? Driver: Adams 9064ls
Wood: Adams f11ti

2. What shafts are in those clubs? Both Type & Flex? Driver- Oban devotion 6, stiff. Fairway- matrix Ozik stiff

3. What do you look for in metal woods? Mid launch, forgiving and distance. Also look how easy they are to hit off the fairway.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I will test against my current setups. On the course and range. I will give honest feedback weather good or bad. I'll take pictures and videos. I'll update at least twice a week. Will also update Adams Facebook and twitter pages

Thanks THP and Adams for an awesome opportunity!

Back