The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is really the only way this makes a lot of sense. Sure, they cleared up a bunch of cap room with the trade (Marshall's cap number is >$11 million) which could help clear room for Manning. However, the Dolphins traded 2 second round picks a couple of years ago to get Marshall, and now they only get back 2 third round picks. Our GM is not very smart at all.

he will look like a bloody genius if he lands manning and wayne and you guys start winning lol

I wouldn't sat Tenn is all that bad, of course memory says something about legal issues with Britt I think but if that clears he and Washington are a decent pair in tandem with that running game.

Until last year I would have agreed with you, but our running game looked atrocious for the majority of the year. Britt and Washington aren't terrible and Jared Cook is actually a decent weapon, but they definitely aren't stars by any means. That's nothing new for us though, our team is almost always made up by a bunch of mid level guys with very little star level talent.

It gets better for you ary: the Broncos and Chiefs are highly targeting Paul Soliai

I was already preparing for him to be gone once they couldn't get him signed to a long-term contract. That doesn't surprise me.

There has to be another move coming from the Dolphins....otherwise the Dolphins are looking at 3-13 next year. Yippee.

Until last year I would have agreed with you, but our running game looked atrocious for the majority of the year. Britt and Washington aren't terrible and Jared Cook is actually a decent weapon, but they definitely aren't stars by any means. That's nothing new for us though, our team is almost always made up by a bunch of mid level guys with very little star level talent.

But honestly if the guy throwing them ball isn't clicking or much of a threat you can't expect defenses to fear the passing game, which would explain the decline in the running game. Now I'm far from a casual observer of the titans so I'll defer to your local knowledge but I could see Manning impacting TN much more than say Denver or Miami.

But honestly if the guy throwing them ball isn't clicking or much of a threat you can't expect defenses to fear the passing game, which would explain the decline in the running game. Now I'm far from a casual observer of the titans so I'll defer to your local knowledge but I could see Manning impacting TN much more than say Denver or Miami.

I can see where Peyton could have a nice amount of success here. IMO we have an above average offensive line, CJ in the backfield, and a decent set of offensive weapons here(assuming that Peyton doesn't also bring with him Wayne, Garcon, etc.). I hope that he does sign with us, but I'm hesitant to say that it would make us an instant SB contender. It would definitely make it more exciting to watch this year though, as I love going to Nashville and watching the Titans play.

Laurent Robinson to visit the Jags tonight. I wonder if Gabbert could throw him the ball?

Garcon talking to Skins

ary, Eric Winston will be visiting the Dolphins.

Laurent Robinson to visit the Jags tonight. I wonder if Gabbert could throw him the ball?

If he can catch or get any separation he'll be an upgrade over everyone on the roster not named Mike Thomas.

Robinson played high school just down I-95 from Jacksonville, so he has family in the area. Good stats last year, good size and speed.

Chad Henne also reportedly visiting Jacksonville.

I also just read that the Bears are more than likely out of the Mario Williams sweepstakes. Too rich for their blood. He should come to Charlotte.

Now this makes more sense, from the Dolphins writer for the Miami Herald:
RT @ArmandoSalguero Texted team source and asked, "What's going on with Marshall move?" Response: "Be patient. You'll see."

TC, I'd love to see Winston come to the Dolphins. He won't be cheap, but he went to the U so he'd like coming home, and would solidify the right side of our O-line. Then they could draft a pass-rusher in the first round.

That was quick!

RT @PierreGarcon85: I wanted you all to hear it from me 1st ... I will be signing with the Washington... http://bit.ly/Aia9q0”

Now this makes more sense, from the Dolphins writer for the Miami Herald:
RT @ArmandoSalguero Texted team source and asked, "What's going on with Marshall move?" Response: "Be patient. You'll see."

TC, I'd love to see Winston come to the Dolphins. He won't be cheap, but he went to the U so he'd like coming home, and would solidify the right side of our O-line. Then they could draft a pass-rusher in the first round.

He said it's the first and only place he's visiting right now.

Sucks to be Luck right now... who is left in Indy?

Sucks to be Luck right now... who is left in Indy?

Joseph Addai. LOL

Dude, the Colts are going to absolutely stink.

That was quick!

RT @PierreGarcon85: I wanted you all to hear it from me 1st ... I will be signing with the Washington... http://bit.ly/Aia9q0”

So much for the thought process that Garcon and Wayne would be following Peyton. Wayne still a possibility though.

Should make the transition for RG3 a little easier.

Joseph Addai. LOL

Dude, the Colts are going to absolutely stink.

I said that the other day and got told that I was wrong, that all the players that left were hurt and didn't contribute anyway. I still agree with you, they're in the crapper for at least 3-4 years.

If Miami signs Reggie Wayne then I think that Peyton follows suit.

Good riddance Marshall!! Your TD drops will not be missed.

- Just tap it in Happy. Taaaaappp it in!

Little bit shocked. Y the Marshall move. He did have horrible drops though. Still 1200 is tough to replace. Miami FO better have a good beat on what their doing. They got fleeced in that trade

If Miami signs Reggie Wayne then I think that Peyton follows suit.

Agreed, but I was surprised that Marshall was out, I figured that would be a good target for Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back