Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pondering picking up a used SuperTri off the bay. Just to mess around with. Mostly based on what I've heard about them here... Question: I usually play a 10.5˚ head on my driver, but I'm thinking about going to 9.5˚ as I've been seeing a little too high of a ball flight lately. Is there anything about the R9 ST that I should be aware of prior to grabbing one with a 9.5˚ head?

I'm pondering picking up a used SuperTri off the bay. Just to mess around with. Mostly based on what I've heard about them here... Question: I usually play a 10.5

pondering a couple custom TP Mills.... getting some info and ideas.

OMG. Golfsmith has trade in days. 50% more trade in... Ummmmmmm.... Ping I20's with the modus shaft sound quite nice right now.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Cant be applied to Ping. WTC

Err... What were you going to say? I know you've used it in the past Kmac. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Wait... if I do the trade in... get full store credit with other irons.. am I back in business???? LOL

OMG. Golfsmith has trade in days. 50% more trade in... Ummmmmmm.... Ping I20's with the modus shaft sound quite nice right now.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Cant be applied to Ping. WTC

Bummer. I literally just traded in a bunch of clubs less than a month ago too! :banghead:

Err... What were you going to say? I know you've used it in the past Kmac. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Strange not sure wtc happened there. I said its a very good driver specially for the used prices you can find. I got mine for $75 and I've been trying different shafts in it. There are a few hoarders here on thp that might even be willing to part with one.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Wait... if I do the trade in... get full store credit with other irons.. am I back in business???? LOL

Ping usually doesn't participate in any goodness like this, do they?

hey Jon Kmac got me my Super Tri the same time he got his there were 2 in the used bin at his Golf Galaxy anyway we both got 9.5 heads and i like mine. i prob could use a 8.5 to be honest but the 9.5 is good if you find a good shaft that works for you you should be good. i dunno what your swing speed is but the stock stiff isn't stiff enough for me was way to whippy. but thats an easy fix. I think you would prob be ok with a 9.5 coming from a 10.5. its a higher spinning head so you should be good. I only got mine to monkey with other shafts and stuff to find something that works for me.

There's always a way bro lol

Beast mode from tapatalk

I think they only do that 50% extra for your trade once you are purchasing your other clubs. As in, turn in your old ones, they hold on to them and wait for you to get your new ones before they give you the credit.

However, you could trade in for something you dont want, return for full price to Golfsmith or Mattkrack'em and then get the i20s.

Thanks Kmac and BuckJob for the quick responses! The search is on now... I'm currently watching around 10 auctions on eBay. I'm sure something will be purchased within the week!

Thanks Kmac and BuckJob for the quick responses! The search is on now... I'm currently watching around 10 auctions on eBay. I'm sure something will be purchased within the week!

no problem i would check your local GG i actually saw 1 at mine last time i was in was in decent shape and like Kmac said it was like $75. and thats what i paid for mine too.

I think they only do that 50% extra for your trade once you are purchasing your other clubs. As in, turn in your old ones, they hold on to them and wait for you to get your new ones before they give you the credit.

However, you could trade in for something you dont want, return for full price to Golfsmith or Mattkrack'em and then get the i20s.

There's always a way bro lol

Beast mode from tapatalk

Ping usually doesn't participate in any goodness like this, do they?

They dont frank but see above :)

Strange not sure wtc happened there. I said its a very good driver specially for the used prices you can find. I got mine for $75 and I've been trying different shafts in it. There are a few hoarders here on thp that might even be willing to part with one.

Beast mode from tapatalk

lol talking about me Kmac?

Funny thing is, the Nikes in the bag are probably the best set of wedges i've ever put in the bag. They just work for me.
I'm a fan of the newer models that I played last year at Westchase. Very spin'e

Haha guilty!

Beast mode from tapatalk

I'm getting better, I swear! Like you I have 3 drivers in the stable right now. When that J40 gets here though somethings gotta go.

I'm getting better, I swear! Like you I have 3 drivers in the stable right now. When that J40 gets here though somethings gotta go.

Why do you need 3 drivers?

Why do you need 3 drivers?

it's a trick I learned from Kmac
right now I have a DXI - which I was using to practice teeing the ball up more with. Since I bought the head for dirt cheap. Don't care if I ding it up or not.
SuperTri - experimenting with shafts
Razr Hawk - gamer ATM

clearly a need for all 3!

Well, since you put it that way, I agree. I will always have the R9 for shaft testing.

I'm pondering a slew of Lamkin REL 3Gen grips in white.

Well, since you put it that way, I agree. I will always have the R9 for shaft testing.

I'm pondering a slew of Lamkin REL 3Gen grips in white.

:wtf: we just agreed on something?

I'm thinking of picking up one of them to test out. Orange would look good on my i10's haha

Wtc! Hell just froze over FLTC and ddec agreed on something. One thing I dont agree on is Lambkin grips. They do pretty much nothing for me. Almost as little as Pure grips which I despise. Id rather go gripless then use Pure grips.

Lamkin grips es no bueno en generale....I suspect I'll need to switch the ones on my Cally forged wedges asap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back