buj77

Reaction score
Handicap
Me
Hi

I live in a part of the world where its exteremly hot and humid (i.e. you can break into a sweat, just standing in the sun for 5 minutes). As a result, most 18 hole courses here require you to use a cart (they don't want people collapsing out there!). I play one (maybe two) 18 hole rounds a month, practice (range+putting/chipping green) 2-3 times a week and on the rest of the weekend days, I go down to a couple of small 9 hole courses, none of which offers a cart. I currently have a staff bag, which is fine, when I have a cart, but it does me no good (and is bloody difficult to lug around) for two hours when I play 9 hole golf without a cart. Ideally, I'd like to have one bag, that I can both put on a cart (can comfortably carry 14 clubs) and that I can carry around when I need to (so not too heavy). Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I have a cleveland light stand bag that I will sometimes put on the cart. I tend not to carry heaps of gear so it is a good bag for me. I will normally use my staff bag just because I like the looks of it better. The cleveland bag though still has reasonable storage and is very light weight. Quality of the materials though I'm not so sure on. Not saying it isn't quality but it doesn't feel as nice as some of the other stand bags available.
That being said it fits what your after. A lightweight bag that you can carry if need be.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have a Ben Hogan Staff bag...it's beautiful and every time someone sees it, they assume I must be good (wired how the name Hogan does that)! To answer yor question, it's well over 10 lbs (not sure of the exact weight). Will take a look at the titliest!
Whats the weight of your current bag? I really like my 2011 Titleist light weight cart bag, and the 2012 model looks even better. Its 7.3 pounds though, so it may not be much lighter than your current bag.
http://www.titleist.com/accessories/cart-bags/lightweight-cart-bag.aspx

I recently purchased the Sun Mountain Sync bag. It weighs a little over 6 pounds with 14 way top and full length dividers as well as a putter well in the front. With all my clubs and everything in it, it is much lighter than my old Datrek bag with nothing in it.

Just bought last year's Sun Mountain 3.5 and I am thrilled so far. Pockets in all the right places, light as heck, rides on a cart without twisting around, and the clubs lay out nicely in the bag. Stand is excellent and it fits on the ClicGear 3.0 just fine.

If you want a really light cart bag, no sure you can get much lighter than the new Ogio Ultralite line. Cart bags are under 5 lbs.

http://ogio.com/golf-4/ultralite

The Torque also has a 14 way divided top.

Ogio Kingpin 2010. Weighs next to nothing. I used to carry mine all the time.

Hey...thanks everyone for their suggestions.

Just thought I'd let you guys know...I finally ended up buying a cart bag (see the link below). Got the bag in black...it fits all 14 clubs and most of stuff that was in my Staff bag is in the bag now...it weighs about 6 lbs, so while not as light as a lot of the stand bags, it's lighter than a lot of the cart bags out there (and deffinately lighter than my Hogan staff bag)...anyway enough about that...here's the link to the site, describing the bag:

http://www.mizunogolf.com.hk/index.php/mens-bags/226-advance-line-065-light

Back