Callaway RAZR Fit Driver Review

I just keep staring at both drivers and they couldn't be more different. On the outset, the Fit has a more sleek and streamlined look, but the face of the fit seems to pale in comparison to the Classic's. Hopefully the Fit will be as easy to hit as the Classic has been. I'll be taking these to the range on Monday - tomorrow we have company early and have to pick a friend up from the airport late, so no hitting the Fit until Monday.

EDIT: I may be having a bit of fun tomorrow and hitting both drivers across my lake - my neighbor has a bunch of shag balls, and I'll try to grab some video. I'll still be having my first serious driver vs. driver session on Monday at the range.

Last edited:
I just keep staring at both drivers and they couldn't be more different. On the outset, the Fit has a more sleek and streamlined look, but the face of the fit seems to pale in comparison to the Classic's. Hopefully the Fit will be as easy to hit as the Classic has been. I'll be taking these to the range on Monday - tomorrow we have company early and have to pick a friend up from the airport late, so no hitting the Fit until Monday.

EDIT: I may be having a bit of fun tomorrow and hitting both drivers across my lake - my neighbor has a bunch of shag balls, and I'll try to grab some video. I'll still be having my first serious driver vs. driver session on Monday at the range.

Please do get some video Nate, I really like the look of that driver. Great pics and vid, thanks for posting.

I hit this again at the Toronto Golf Show. It is the stick that I'm going with but after being fit the shaft for my order is getting changed. I'm going with the Graphite Design AD Di 7. That shaft combined with 9.5* and the closed setting was a bomber for me. Spin was 2200... launch 11.3*... clubhead speed 109 mph.... carry 276 yds. It proves again to be the real deal. Don't know if the numbers correspond but I love the spin and launch.

Alex

Please do get some video Nate, I really like the look of that driver. Great pics and vid, thanks for posting.

Thanks, Dawg! It should be entertaining to say the least - informative, hopefully at least a little bit. I hope I don't peg any houses across the lake tomorrow, LOL.

After reading all of these, I'm getting more anxious about my new Fit getting here. 8.5 were back-ordered until this Monday or Tuesday, then two more days shipping it. Hoping to get a full round in before I head to Myrtle so I have it dialed in! Come on, baby!!!:blob:

Finally got the chance to hit this driver yesterday while visiting Golfsmith, unfortuntely the only one I could find was a R-flex. I still swing it anyway and just tried to swing very easy to get an idea of the sound of impact and how the ball felt off the face and I came away very impressed. Definitely a winner for Callaway Golf this year. I can't wait to spend some more time with one of these in the future with a stiff shaft. I might head out to Dicks this week and put some impact tape on one with a stiff shaft so I can take some normal full swings. The driver is definitely a beauty, one of the sharpest looking drivers out there this year.

Went to my next door neighbor's daughter's birthday party and hit the RAZR Fit for the first time - shag balls that were hit across the lake we live on. I had moved the weights to the draw position, but left the face at the neutral setting.

First impressions of the driver: The ball really jumped off of the face, with that distinct, very audible pang that is very different than the Classic's muted ting. I did miss slightly toward the toe at times, and didn't seem to lose a lot of distance - the ball still rocketed off of the face very well. I didn't have the tool with me, but I want to adjust the face angle to the closed position (and therefore increasing the loft a bit) because I found my ball flight to be a strong fade / slice at times. (More the archer and not the arrow, though) In terms of height, I had no trouble getting the ball to travel on a mid-high, piercing ball flight that didn't balloon. The flight was slightly lower than the Classic's (understandable because of the RIP'D NV in the Fit vs. the C. Kua) and the shaft seemed slightly stouter in the tip section vs. the C. Kua. The driver felt slightly heavier than the Classic, but didn't feel like it weighed my arms down - I still felt I could whip the shaft around nicely. I did miss one high on the face, which felt thin and did lose a bit of distance - a similar high miss off of the clubface on the Classic didn't feel as thin, and didn't seem to lose as much distance - so forgiveness up and down the clubface, at least after this brief hitting session, seems slightly less than the Classic.

I have a long video that I took of my hitting the Fit that I need to edit down, and I will post it here once I've done so and uploaded it. Suffice it to say that I really enjoyed hitting it, and look forward to my range session with both the Fit and the Classic tomorrow.

Thanks for the awesome feedback JN. Sounds awesome. I would definately love to play around with it to see how that affects flight and stuff. Look forward to the video!

Video is edited and will be up as soon as it's uploaded.

Here's the vid:

Can't wait to see which one fits your game more.

Lefty or not I'm swinging that club. Looks great!

Tappin in putts from iOS

Thanks for the video Nate. That driver sounds really nice. In other news, lol @ dead neighbors. That was funny.

Cool video, JN. That looked like it was a fun time.

Dead Neighbors float? I wonder how he knows that. Just an observation. I'd be worried Nate.

JT, I'll be sleeping with one eye open after he said that, LOL.

My swing doesn't look too great, but I hope to put in some quality work tomorrow at the range - a bucket or two, just with the drivers, and I'll try to take some video then as well.

Nice job JN...going to interesting to see which one ends up being your gamer.

I'm really interested in seeing which one ends up as your gamer as well Nate. Sounds like you love your Classic but all the great things we have read about the Fit make me wonder if it can replace it!

As said in the Classic thread, I had a decent range session with the Fit vs the Classic today. I kept the face at neutral during this range session, only having the 2 gram weight in the toe, and 12 gram in the heel.

I was hitting this driver as far as the Classic, but not significantly farther or shorter than the Classic. I was having issues getting through on my swing today, and as a result, there were plenty of pushed drives left, and a handful of slices. My swing was inconsistent today, and it tested the forgiveness of this driver...and again, towards the toe, the ball still flew far and lost very little distance. I was taking the ball to the 200 yard marker and beyond with both the Classic and the Fit, and my GOODNESS does the RAZR sing when you hit it on the sweet spot. A piercing sound that is the exact opposite of the Classic's more muted tone. Towards the end of the session, I teed the ball up a little lower than usual for both the Classic and this RAZR Fit, and found that to promote a more consistent ball flight with greater distance. I was hitting both drivers well past the 200 yard mark after this adjustment with straighter ball flight. But one thing I noticed - I found myself focusing harder on contact with the Fit than the Classic, most likely due to the shallower face. This isn't good or bad, just different. I did notice that shots missed low or high on the face lost more distance than the same misses on the Classic.

So round 1 of Fit VS Classic ends in a draw. Both drivers couldn't be more different from each other, but I like both. If I were to lean towards one or the other, I would SLIGHTLY lean towards the Classic due to slightly better forgiveness, but it's too early in this process for me to be making a decision. I should be out on the course with both on Thursday, so it will be very interesting to see how I do with the Fit and the Classic over 18 holes.

Last edited:
If you swap the weights the club should close better, correct? This could get rid of the lefts. When I demoed this club I swapped them and it was a huge difference.

Kindle Fire Forged

good stuff JN....it'll be ionteresting to see which one ends up in your bag

If you swap the weights the club should close better, correct? This could get rid of the lefts. When I demoed this club I swapped them and it was a huge difference.

Kindle Fire Forged

I actually had swapped the weights before the session to the "draw bias" position according to the manual.

Edit: I really think that I wasn't getting through the impact zone with my hips and wasn't making a full turn - that seemed to be my problem today.

I actually had swapped the weights before the session to the "draw bias" position according to the manual.

Hmm...I would have thought that less weight in the toe would allow it to close easier and square up. I did this in the sim at GG and lost my rights and it went dead straight. I really liked it.

Hmm...I would have thought that less weight in the toe would allow it to close easier and square up. I did this in the sim at GG and lost my rights and it went dead straight. I really liked it.

You know what, you're right - and I did do that - I just didn't write it correctly in the writeup above. Will edit that to reflect it!

same thing happened to me last night man....my lower body would stop and kept my hips from firing which led to blocks and slices all night. When that hapens there's no weight or offset in the world that can save you

Edit: I really think that I wasn't getting through the impact zone with my hips and wasn't making a full turn - that seemed to be my problem today.

Back