Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering trading my Taylormade TM-770 White Ghost putter for something else. Maybe a Nike method putter..hmm...whats out there?

Pondered an Adams Idea Super Black 17* with the stock VooDoo hybrid shaft at DSG. Hit it well in the sim, but couldnt pull the trigger. I need the outing to get here so I can hit everything and then buy something..

Pondered an Adams Idea Super Black 17* with the stock VooDoo hybrid shaft at DSG. Hit it well in the sim, but couldnt pull the trigger. I need the outing to get here so I can hit everything and then buy something..

I really liked my Super Black hybrid. I can't remember why I sold it, haha.

I really liked my Super Black hybrid. I can't remember why I sold it, haha.

I hit it well. Felt good, felt like it loaded well. G/F told me to buy it (always have the green light, lol) but I just couldnt do it. They had two, and not many people hit 17* hybrids so I'm sure I can ponder, go back and get it.

currently pondering some wilson staff di9 irons from ebay that are at a reasonable price and in canada so no import fees. tempting, it just sucks that it's an auction

Can't stop obsessing about the Adams cb3!!! Why did I hit them??? The j40s might be in trouble

Yeah well working 2 jobs 70 hours a week helps. This time last year I was broke barely paying bills. It feels good to be able to spoil myself for once (and my family). I need a good round with the j40s to ease my pondering

Yeah well working 2 jobs 70 hours a week helps. This time last year I was broke barely paying bills. It feels good to be able to spoil myself for once (and my family). I need a good round with the j40s to ease my pondering

I agree with you Krack. All work and no play is no fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How on earth are you having enough time to truly determine if you don't like all of these clubs, resolve to give each purchase 8 weeks in the bag Matty and you and your billfold will be much happier IMO.

How on earth are you having enough time to truly determine if you don't like all of these clubs, resolve to give each purchase 8 weeks in the bag Matty and you and your billfold will be much happier IMO.

you don't help with your deals of the day thread DD! lol

Can't stop obsessing about the Adams cb3!!! Why did I hit them??? The j40s might be in trouble

Considering you have them up on the bay I would say they are in deep trouble.

Mainly weekends. And vaca time when it's nice out. I haven't hit the j40s since my new swing. I need to play with them. I'm sure the distance will be on par with the cb3. If they are then no point.

Well I am no longer thinking about the Mashie FW, I purchased one today!!! I was near my favorite Roger Dunn golf store so I figured what would it hurt to stop in and check things out (never a good idea) I took some time checking out the putters and found nothing to my liking and then headed over to the other clubs. I continued my search for a r11 5 iron but came up empty and then took a few swings with the AMP irons and the RBZ irons. Again neither impressed me versus what I currently own but again I only took 3-6 swings with one club so I will say the jury is still out but it doesn't look good. I then headed to the demo/used clubs and found an RBZ FW and again took a couple of swings, and put some decent numbers, I liked the sound at impact but put the club back in the barrel and started to head to the door but got sidetracked at the Cleveland barrel. There sticking out almost daring my to grab it was a Mashie FW in the demo/used bin. I thought about the demo day and the fact I said I would not purchase anything till I could get to Florida and check out all my options but there it was, staring me in the face the Mashie FW!!! I grabbed it like a fat guy grabs a piece of chocolate cake ( and this latter comparison I know quite well) and took it over to the hitting area. THe monitor at the station I used was not working and I did not care, I had to hit this club and see how it felt and what I had thought. The first swing connected and shot straight out heeding to the net some 20 yards away, my goodness what a sound it made. Not like the RBZ but crisper and more solid in my opinion. That was it!! I was sold!!! I took one more swing, achieved the same result and headed to the register with my new purchase. Plus thanks to a coupon I had and the fact that it was a demo/used club I got it for $40 less than purchasing a new club. Now I can't wait till I get out to the course and see the mashie in action!!

Well I am no longer thinking about the Mashie FW, I purchased one today!!! I was near my favorite Roger Dunn golf store so I figured what would it hurt to stop in and check things out (never a good idea) I took some time checking out the putters and found nothing to my liking and then headed over to the other clubs. I continued my search for a r11 5 iron but came up empty and then took a few swings with the AMP irons and the RBZ irons. Again neither impressed me versus what I currently own but again I only took 3-6 swings with one club so I will say the jury is still out but it doesn't look good. I then headed to the demo/used clubs and found an RBZ FW and again took a couple of swings, and put some decent numbers, I liked the sound at impact but put the club back in the barrel and started to head to the door but got sidetracked at the Cleveland barrel. There sticking out almost daring my to grab it was a Mashie FW in the demo/used bin. I thought about the demo day and the fact I said I would not purchase anything till I could get to Florida and check out all my options but there it was, staring me in the face the Mashie FW!!! I grabbed it like a fat guy grabs a piece of chocolate cake ( and this latter comparison I know quite well) and took it over to the hitting area. THe monitor at the station I used was not working and I did not care, I had to hit this club and see how it felt and what I had thought. The first swing connected and shot straight out heeding to the net some 20 yards away, my goodness what a sound it made. Not like the RBZ but crisper and more solid in my opinion. That was it!! I was sold!!! I took one more swing, achieved the same result and headed to the register with my new purchase. Plus thanks to a coupon I had and the fact that it was a demo/used club I got it for $40 less than purchasing a new club. Now I can't wait till I get out to the course and see the mashie in action!!

Congrats WR...I'm trying to hold out until Demo Day myself for the Mashie FW, but don't know that I'm going to make it either.

Nice wr!!

I just couldn't get along with the mashie fw :(... Which was prolly a good thing for me ha

Congrats WR...I'm trying to hold out until Demo Day myself for the Mashie FW, but don't know that I'm going to make it either.

I really thought I could make it AD but it just felt so good and sounded even better.. plus the price I could not pass on it!!!

Nice wr!!

I just couldn't get along with the mashie fw :(... Which was prolly a good thing for me ha

I have gotten along real well with the Mashie M3 Hybrid so I am hoping for the same success with this one Matt!

Anyone here play the Di9's?
Any thoughts?

Does GolfGalaxy sell Pure Grips? I wish there was somewhere I could go get a feel for these grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does GolfGalaxy sell Pure Grips? I wish there was somewhere I could go get a feel for these grips.

Golf Galaxy doesn't sell them, according to the pure grips site the nearest dealer is 100 miles from you

Golf Galaxy doesn't sell them, according to the pure grips site the nearest dealer is 100 miles from you

I'll have to check the location. Thanks!

Should I expect pure grips to feel like tout velvet? Maybe a little tackier?

Amp driver, Still can't stop.

Really depends on which grip you are looking to determine feel.

THP has theirs for sale here so you could try it out very cheaply. I have them on my clubs and really like them. Pretty tacky for me, yet still plenty soft.

Team Hackers tapping!

I think they feel more "rubbery" than tour velvets. I've owned the pure reds and pure blues before. I like them but without building them up with tape, they're just too thin for me. They're very durable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back