Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

Took a great number of shots off the tee tonight with the Mashie F3 15.5

Can't wait until more people get a chance to hit it. I spent a brief time comparing direction and distance with the 17° FL and saw more of the same. It appears to be very similar in distance, but more accurate for me. This is the club I'm most excited about getting out on the course this Friday. The more time I spend with it, the more I wonder about the 14°. The idea of combining a that accuracy with a few more yards off the tee could make me rethink my approach to the way I play many of the courses around here.

Awesome review guys. Mine was supposed to ship today, hopefully it's here by the Weekend. I want to hit the 14* so bad I can't hardly stand it.

Does anyone know what is the minimum swingspeed one would need to elevate a 14* Mashie fairway ? Would a golfer with a slower swingspeed ( 85)just be better off with a 15.5 ?

Took a great number of shots off the tee tonight with the Mashie F3 15.5

Can't wait until more people get a chance to hit it. I spent a brief time comparing direction and distance with the 17° FL and saw more of the same. It appears to be very similar in distance, but more accurate for me. This is the club I'm most excited about getting out on the course this Friday. The more time I spend with it, the more I wonder about the 14°. The idea of combining a that accuracy with a few more yards off the tee could make me rethink my approach to the way I play many of the courses around here.

Thats what I am still up in the air with, 14 or 15.5*? I am leaning towards the 15.5 just because it has to be easier to get off the deck and thats where I really struggle with woods. Great job Hawk.

I didn't hit this well off the tee yesterday, which annoyed me. It wasn't a directional thing as much as me getting out ahead and thinning the crap out of it. I'm going to just start putting the ball on the deck or just teeing it up ground level if my stupid brain wants to play those games.

That said, I hit some memorable shots with it off the turf. Best one was out of a rough/pine straw mixture for a 220 yard pin-high GIR. Had some times where I needed to really choke down (side-hill lies) and hit it very well that way as well.

I didn't hit this well off the tee yesterday, which annoyed me. It wasn't a directional thing as much as me getting out ahead and thinning the crap out of it. I'm going to just start putting the ball on the deck or just teeing it up ground level if my stupid brain wants to play those games.

That said, I hit some memorable shots with it off the turf. Best one was out of a rough/pine straw mixture for a 220 yard pin-high GIR. Had some times where I needed to really choke down (side-hill lies) and hit it very well that way as well.
Good stuff Hawk. I have been wondering how this will be from side hill lies and that is some promising results.

Thats what I have to do with my woods off the tee Hawk, I'm just mental so its tee it level and let it go.

Good stuff though, its notes and comments like these that make the notion of the Mashie FWY stick in my head.

I was choked up a good 3-4 inches on one of them and it was just fine for me. Had a couple good misses too. Ones that would have left me SOL in the past, but were straight and a little shorter than normal.

I have a spot that has yet to be determined in my bag for the MC. It will either be a 2nd hybrid or a 2nd Mashie fairway - 5w or 7w. I think both will be easy to hit, so it will likely be a gap filler. Just haven't figured out the gap yet.

I'm contemplating the same situation. I'm going to drop my 4i from my bag, I get similar distances with it as I do with my Mashie M3. However, I hit the M3 much better and am more consistent with it, so no need for the 4i. I'd rather try to fill the gap between my M3 and 3 wood. I'm considering possibly F5 Mashie fairway, or maybe even a M2 Mashie hybrid. I'm curious what the difference in yardages is in those two clubs, considering they are both 18*.

I hit this and the Ceveland Black fairway today. I absolutely loved and preferred the feel of the Mashie. What a great fairway metal. Love the grey finish on the crown... the shape. Sorta retro. She's a winna!

Alex

I must have missed this review. Fantastic job by the way. I am about 90% sure I will be giving the strong 3W a run in the Mashie line, as the more I have read over the last couple of days, the more I think it may be the right solution for me. I have little to no confidence off a tight deck and if words ring true, this may be the cure for that.

I must have missed this review. Fantastic job by the way. I am about 90% sure I will be giving the strong 3W a run in the Mashie line, as the more I have read over the last couple of days, the more I think it may be the right solution for me. I have little to no confidence off a tight deck and if words ring true, this may be the cure for that.

It's truly amazing. You won't be disappointed at all, I guarantee that.

I'm sure its been posted before but how does the distance compare to say the rocketballz and the cleveland fl? Really wanna try this but golf galaxy didn't have it when I went in. I hit the rocketballz really far but not straight. Granted it's early in the season and I was hitting off bad fake turf...

I'm sure its been posted before but how does the distance compare to say the rocketballz and the cleveland fl? Really wanna try this but golf galaxy didn't have it when I went in. I hit the rocketballz really far but not straight. Granted it's early in the season and I was hitting off bad fake turf...

I hit the Mashie 3W farther than the RBZ, but that's just me. The Mashie just shines because you can literally hit it in any condition and expect consistent distance every time. I hit my 14* Mashie 3W about 240-255 yards right now it looks like after just one time out with it.

Does anyone here prefer the Cleveland FL or Cleveland Black Fairway over the Mashie Fairway ?

Just got back from the range where I hit my new 3 wood for the first time. The range conditions are that you're essentially hitting off hardpan, as the grass has not started to grow yet. Also, I can't hit a fairway wood off the deck to save my life.

This club is ridiculous! Probably 80% of the time, I was hitting absolute rockets off the deck, dead straight. It was like I couldn't make a bad swing with it. Off the tee it also performed well, particularly after I teed it lower than normal. Could not be happier :)

Just got back from the range where I hit my new 3 wood for the first time. The range conditions are that you're essentially hitting off hardpan, as the grass has not started to grow yet. Also, I can't hit a fairway wood off the deck to save my life.

This club is ridiculous! Probably 80% of the time, I was hitting absolute rockets off the deck, dead straight. It was like I couldn't make a bad swing with it. Off the tee it also performed well, particularly after I teed it lower than normal. Could not be happier :)

Just curious, were you hitting the 14* or 15.5* 3 wood?

It's truly amazing. You won't be disappointed at all, I guarantee that.

Dang buddy you just about got me sold on this puppy! :blob:

Dang buddy you just about got me sold on this puppy! :blob:

Yeah, I am contemplating getting with Blind9 tomorrow to see what they could do for me. Need to figure out a way to raise some cash first.

Yeah, I am contemplating getting with Blind9 tomorrow to see what they could do for me. Need to figure out a way to raise some cash first.

It's got distance and easy to hit off the deck so whats not to love :confused2:

It's got distance and easy to hit off the deck so whats not to love :confused2:

No kidding. I hit 3W off the tee a lot, and avoid it like the plague when I am in the fairway. This sounds so balanced that I could hit it from anywhere and that my friend, is kind of exciting.

REALLY want this now...the reviews just seem to amazing...school off tuesday...I think I know what I'll be doing :)

Got one out of the Demo/Used barrel at the local golf store today. Saved a few $$$ and now I can't wait to hit the course!!

Got one out of the Demo/Used barrel at the local golf store today. Saved a few $$$ and now I can't wait to hit the course!!

Congrats, Rhino. Which one?

Back