JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Its close to that time of year again.

All I have to say is.....GO GATORS!!

478367649_5JiQ4-L.jpg

Is someone going to set up a bracket in Yahoo or someplace this year?

Spoiler
I don't want to, but I'll get in one!

• Admin
Smallville,
We thought about doing something like that. If one of our members wants to set something up, we could have an offifical THP bracket game. We may even award the winner with a prize pack.

I actually won the bracket they had at HighDefForum last year. Only because KU won it though (I pick KU to win it every year!). I don't think they will this year but they will, as always, be the last team standing in my bracket!

SOBAY set it up at HDF, maybe he'll set up a separate one for THP?

I don't know how the yahoo brackets work, but in the past we have used the brackets at CBSSportsline because they give you instant standings based on current points, raw wins, and maximum potential point and wins.

It's pretty cool. But I have no idea how to set it up.

• Admin
I like that idea too Harry. Let me know what you come up with.

I thought Yahoo did the same. I don't care, as long as someone else sets it up!

If someone wants to set up a THP March Madness pool on my website, I'm happy to have my hosting service comp the pool to THP. Members won't get any of the advertising or spam you do from Yahoo and CBS. http://www.runyourpool.com

I played around with the Yahoo pool and the one thing I noticed is that it wouldn't let me adjust the scoring. The rounds were weighted, but you couldn't give bonus points for seeds. (At least, I couldn't find a way.) That's a non-starter for me. You have to give rewards for upset picks. We usually do it as round# + seed.

Grogger: I don't recall getting any spam from CBS in the past. Have you?

I've never done it any other way than straight scoring. No bonuses other than what each advanced round is worth more than the previous round. Having points for upsets might be interesting.

Grogger: I don't recall getting any spam from CBS in the past. Have you?

CBS doesn't spam, they just bombard you with advertising (I use them for Fantasy Football). I don't care for seed points, personally. I think it puts too much weight on picking upsets instead of picking your brackets as accurately as possible ... but it's personal preference.

I should have noted in my post above that if someone is comfortable with Yahoo or CBS (or another service), go for it. They run good services.

Thanks for the offer Grogger. That is very kind of you.

The problem I've found with straight brackets (no points for upsets) is that you get a bunch of people relying on the NCAA seeding. You end up with a lot of really similar brackets.

I was playing around with the CBS brackets and I set up one for THP:
http://thpgolf.mayhem.cbssports.com/brackets

Of course, we are not obligated to use it. I was just messing around.

EDIT: I also like the fact that since I'm the only member, I'm in first place in the standings. :D

Thanks Harry. When the golf is over, I will check it out. We will go ahead now and say that the winner of the THP March Madness bracket will get a prize pack courtesy of THP.

Cool. I can't wait to win!

Sounds good, Harry. This way I can join in!

And, despite yesterday's performance, Go Tarheels!

Is there a way to set one up for the WGC match play? If there is, is anyone even interested?

I know it's last minute, but I'm a bit slow sometimes.

I actually won the bracket they had at HighDefForum last year. Only because KU won it though (I pick KU to win it every year!). I don't think they will this year but they will, as always, be the last team standing in my bracket!

SOBAY set it up at HDF, maybe he'll set up a separate one for THP?

I won my bracket pool last year too...I'll take you DOWN, Smalls.

This could be a whole lot of fun. We will make sure the prize is a worthy one as well. We should make sure that every person that enters uses their THP screen name as their screen name there.

In my pool, we did it week by week, I actually found that more fun than filling out a whole bracket before the first day, it was a fresh competition each week. You got a point per win, and who had the most points at the end won. That would be easier to just have a thread for, if you wanted, each player could post their pics for the week.

All I have to say is.....GO GATORS!!

478367649_5JiQ4-L.jpg

All I have to say on that is - PLEASE GOD, DON'T LET THEM WIN!

It was bad enough living in Florida the last time they won both Football & Basketball championships (I still say Utah was #1 this year - only undefeated team in the country).

I graduated from UF so I cheer for them, but I don't follow the basketball too much. Football on the other hand, I am a HUGE gator fan.

In my pool, we did it week by week, I actually found that more fun than filling out a whole bracket before the first day, it was a fresh competition each week. You got a point per win, and who had the most points at the end won. That would be easier to just have a thread for, if you wanted, each player could post their pics for the week.

No, you gotta do it all ahead of time. That's the way it's done.

Back