Taylor Made R9 TP Unboxing

You can change a driver's ankle?! What will they think of next? :alien2:

haha that was a good laugh. i agree with u 907 on ur earlier post though, i would much rather play a fixed hosel, 1 shaft driver because all the switching around and screws and shafts is too much to worry about

haha that was a good laugh. i agree with u 907 on ur earlier post though, i would much rather play a fixed hosel, 1 shaft driver because all the switching around and screws and shafts is too much to worry about

As much as I have to agree about the new clubs every couple of months the one good thing is the new prices plummet and if you can stand the weight you can get new nice clubs very cheap. Of course I haven't hit any of the drivers of theirs that I had to have, Maybe this driver will change that, but the last good head I remember having of theirs was the R510TP.

I am having trouble imagining a driver that is better than the Adams XTD Pro and 9016d I have here that I am testing. Of course I still have yet to hit the Nickent 5DX which I have heard great things about too.

I agree with this too, I'll keep it classic for now.

Yeah, no way I'm playing a driver with this much adjustability. Movable weights is as far as I will go...

Except for that rocket propelled driver Dent was talking about a few weeks past, that I might take a look into!

They have definatly improved the Look thats for sure.

I think Taylormade is a peice of crap for releasing a new driver every month.

Sorry- that just makes me really angry. I don't think I'll ever play a Taylormade driver.

You really think the look has changed that much?? It looks like a R5 with a hint of R7 to me. I don't keep up with date to date Taylormade drivers as your right it's rediculous, however i believe they were on to something with the R5-Superquad. Ever since the realease of the burner i could care less for their products. Just wasn't impressed with the burner's feel and proformance

You really think the look has changed that much?? It looks like a R5 with a hint of R7 to me. I don't keep up with date to date Taylormade drivers as your right it's rediculous, however i believe they were on to something with the R5-Superquad. Ever since the realease of the burner i could care less for their products. Just wasn't impressed with the burner's feel and proformance

Exactly The R5 to Superquad series was a huge hit! very popular and they actually had new technology developing within those drivers. Now its just a repeat with different paint.

Exactly The R5 to Superquad series was a huge hit! very popular and they actually had new technology developing within those drivers. Now its just a repeat with different paint.

Yes you should see all of the R7 Limited, Tour Burners and CGB MAX's that just sit at my local Golfsmith, my buddy says he can't move those yet he still sells ton of the '07 Burners and sold out their remainder of Superquads, he himself still uses an R7 425 TP.

There is a R9 on Ebay, it will be interesting to see what it gets.

Yes you should see all of the R7 Limited, Tour Burners and CGB MAX's that just sit at my local Golfsmith, my buddy says he can't move those yet he still sells ton of the '07 Burners and sold out their remainder of Superquads, he himself still uses an R7 425 TP.

That TP head is a fantastic club, I have 1 mated with a pro-launch red shaft.

This is a sharp looking club. Looking forward to this review.

This review will be out tomorrow. We have had over 20 people hit the club. It is VERY customizable.

R9

R9

I was in Edwin Watts yesterday and asked my salesman is the R9 supposed to be that good. I have been hearing sooooo much about it. He explained to me that this club is going to be the hottest stick to come around in a long time. It will give the average golfer many options and cure slices and hooks. This will be the first time golfers can cange their club and ball flight on the fly depending how you are hitting it that day. I signed up and will be getting mine the first day they come out. I need the help :act-up:

Keith,
We reviewed it on the front page and I liked it a lot. My preference for the adjustable drivers is the Str8 Fit from Nike though.

It will give the average golfer many options and cure slices and hooks.

I doubt highly it will do that, aid in a bit of fade or draw is possible but to cure slices or hooks is going to take more than a couple of degrees of adjustability.

TM's MWT was supposed to aid in that as well & for the most part it's marketing mumbo jumbo that really doesn't do much of anything.

dyna,
I thought that too. But it does do more than a simple draw driver can do. I play a left to right ball path and with the same swing with either this or the Str8 Fit from Nike, I can get the ball to move right to left.

It is not a training aid nor a cure, but it does more than just help IMHO. But that and a buck will still not get you a cup of coffee....hehe

Shafts

Shafts

That is supposed to be areally top of the line shaft. Any word on additional shaft offerings?

They will have many shaft offerings. We thought this shaft was a little too stout for us.

TGW sent out an email saying the R9 is in stock and ready to ship.......
Who is going to order and find out?

TM's MWT was supposed to aid in that as well & for the most part it's marketing mumbo jumbo that really doesn't do much of anything.

I strongly disagree. When I got my R5 Dual TP, I used the most draw-based setup I could and it turned my banana ball into a fade. I've worked on my swing since, and now just play a SLIGHT draw setup for a straight ball. The MWT helped tremendously.

Me too Floppy. I can take a fade and by moving the weights and adjusting the face, It is a draw

TGW sent out an email saying the R9 is in stock and ready to ship.......
Who is going to order and find out?

I am going to win mine in the Charity Raffle MO!

Back