Accenture Match Play Championship Thread (Spoiler)

LOL @ the MAJ love! He's going to do for you guys today what Tiger's been doing for you for almost 3 years. Disappoint.

Naw, was never a big Tiger fan. I need McIlroy to win for my bracket, but with MAJ playing well I'm saying screw the Bracket, take it to a MAJ/Westwood final round

LOL @ the MAJ love! He's going to do for you guys today what Tiger's been doing for you for almost 3 years. Disappoint.

I think the match is going to be closer than people think, but again, I wouldn't be surprised if Rory either 1 - steps it into high gear after playing somewhat mediocrely, or 2 - plays worse than he did yesterday and cracks.

Tmex, how come you don't like Rory?

Agreed haha. I just hope Rory falls when he is doing that stupid head bob he does when walks. That guy is just the freaking worst. I'd like to see Fowler and that stupid fake mustache just pound McIlbob for the next 30 years.

:(

Dude, you are nuts! Rory has the best walk on tour!

Mr. Orange is starting to look like Will Turner from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Maj! Maj! Maj! Maj!

Tmex, how come you don't like Rory?

A few reasons dude.

He has a sense of entitlement. I don't mind that most dont think this way that I do, in fact I have such a strong belief if this, I rarely debate it. Reading people is very easy for me and this guy just reaks of Jersey Shore toolness. That's a nice way of putting it.

He calls Tiger out when he isn't even really relevant (skill wise), what kind of man does that? At least wait until a man is hitting 1 out of 2 gir.

His walk. Is something stuck in his throat? Nerves? Whatever it is, I don't like it.

He just act slike a total db. I thought I liked him after his major win but I realized i didn't. He is the same guy I've loathed for years. I secretly wish Fowler to take that AMP line and shove 4 majors down McIlbobs throat for every 1 that McIlbob wins.

I kept it PC and short.

How about ole John Sendan, sneaky style getting through to semis

A few reasons dude.

He has a sense of entitlement. I don't mind that most dont think this way that I do, in fact I have such a strong belief if this, I rarely debate it. Reading people is very easy for me and this guy just reaks of Jersey Shore toolness. That's a nice way of putting it.

He calls Tiger out when he isn't even really relevant (skill wise), what kind of man does that? At least wait until a man is hitting 1 out of 2 gir.

His walk. Is something stuck in his throat? Nerves? Whatever it is, I don't like it.

He just act slike a total db. I thought I liked him after his major win but I realized i didn't. He is the same guy I've loathed for years. I secretly wish Fowler to take that AMP line and shove 4 majors down McIlbobs throat for every 1 that McIlbob wins.

I kept it PC and short.
Isn't this same attitude displayed by TW for years except for calling people out, he never had to call anyone out.

MAJ sucks at the Ryder Cup. Always has. I reckon he just got a struggling Keegan Bradley yesterday. On Wed. Keegan didn't miss a fairway and dispatched of his opponent. Yesterday he hit 5. You can't miss fairways on this golf course. Rory played pretty dang good yesterday. He's hitting form.

Same as the Westwood/Watney match. I reckon Watney plays so much better b/c he'll be thinking, "man, I stunk yesterday yet I beat old Tiger. Wtc do I have to lose". Although no one seems as determined or focused as old Lee. He's proving a point and he's here to claim what's rightfully his, that #1 ranking. Legend!

This in bold. He has his courtesy car fueled up and UPS sent him enough clothes for the weekend. Lee FTW.

Isn't this same attitude displayed by TW for years except for calling people out, he never had to call anyone out.

I dont think so. Not how I see it coming for Rory. It's a different kind of arrogance with this kid. I reckon I don't like it.

It's the pigeon polka. Drop a sandwich in front of him and he doesn't even need to bend at the knees to grab the ham out of it.

Freddie's picked a good one, Bae vs Senden. Someone is going into uncharted territory.

A few reasons dude.

I kept it PC and short.

I reckon I never knew you harbored such disdain for Rory. I can understand where you are coming from.

How is Rory entitled Tmex?

I think Tiggger makes a 5 footer today.

A few reasons dude.

I kept it PC and short.
Tmex I felt very similar to you up to hole 10 at The Masters last year, then I wildly rooted as he let everyone see his train wreck right on TV. Then I was happy that Augusta National put the peckerhead in his place, THEN he gave an amazingly honerable post round interview that was both extremely heartfelt, honest and damn refreshing to hear from a pro golfer. That point forward I changed my thoughts on the kid. Sure he's cocky, but c'mon what athlete who's near the top of their sport isn't? The only thing he's got against him is that he's not an American. If he was everyone would be forgetting about some dude named Eldrick and flipping out for Rory. Guaranteed.

How is Rory entitled Tmex?

I don't know why he feels that TC. But it bugs me. His arrogance is just too much!

It's the pigeon polka. Drop a sandwich in front of him and he doesn't even need to bend at the knees to grab the ham out of it.

Freddie's picked a good one, Bae vs Senden. Someone is going into uncharted territory.

Lmfao. I need a special exception for Paulo rep.

Maybe it's that famous tennis girl in his life now. I liked Rory when he dated his home town girl.

Tmex I felt very similar to you up to hole 10 at The Masters last year, then I wildly rooted as he let everyone see his train wreck right on TV. Then I was happy that Augusta National put the peckerhead in his place, THEN he gave an amazingly honerable post round interview that was both extremely heartfelt, honest and damn refreshing to hear from a pro golfer. That point forward I changed my thoughts on the kid. Sure he's cocky, but c'mon what athlete who's near the top of their sport isn't? The only thing he's got against him is that he's not an American. If he was everyone would be forgetting about some dude named Eldrick and flipping out for Rory. Guaranteed.

Puttin4sense, I hear what you're saying bro. After he redeemed himself with a major win I thought I liked him. BUt you know what... fool me once shame you, fool me twice shame on me. I reckon I don't like Rory for some of teh reasons I don't like Tiger (as person, as much as you can dislike an athlete without knowing them). I think I'm one of 3 people on this planet who don't care for Rory. I dont think him being European matters, him being what I consider arrogant (not cocky) is one of my main things.

Maybe it's that famous tennis girl in his life now. I liked Rory when he dated his home town girl.

Thats the other thing. How refreshing it was to hear of him with his hometown girl.. then BAM fame. Im not saying I know how he feels or what he was going through but if I'm going to lose some respect for Tiger for a couple indescretions, reckon I'll treat Rory the same.

Tmex, I feel exactly the same way about Dustin Johnson.

YES!!!!! Just follow him for a tournament live (if you havent already) and you'll dislike him more. Graham Delaet shouldve kicked his but.

I love how we're on DJ again. He is still as much of a DB as he was last sunday. Dude just sucks (IMO of course).

I think all of you dudes are tripping on nutmeg. Right now this tournament is 18.75% Cheesehead. By the end of the day 25%. The cheese density is on the rise.

Kevin

I think all of you dudes are tripping on nutmeg. Right now this tournament is 18.75% Cheesehead. By the end of the day 25%. The cheese density is on the rise.

Kevin

Lee's hometown makes a nice cheddar.

Back