Reaction score
cry2.gif
cry2.gif
cry2.gif
cry2.gif
cry2.gif
cry2.gif
cry2.gif

This sucks...To be honest, I'm not sure if I can be a fan of a team who cuts the best player in their history, and my by-far favorite player.

Jaguars continue makeover, release 11-year veteran RB Taylor

Associated Press

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars have released running back Fred Taylor, the latest move in the team's makeover.
Fred Taylor, RB

Career statistics
Seasons: 11
Att: 2,428
Yards: 11,271
TDs: 62

Taylor was scheduled to make about $6 million next season, so getting rid of the 11-year veteran was no surprise since he had clearly become the second option behind Maurice Jones-Drew.

The Jaguars might try to re-sign the 33-year-old running back. But Taylor has made it clear he still believes he can be a starter in the NFL.

Taylor is 16th on the NFL's all-time rushing list with 11,271 yards, 81 behind John Riggins. He had 556 yards on the ground last season, splitting time with Jones-Drew, and averaged a career-low 3.9 yards a carry behind an injury-riddled offensive line.

The Jaguars released veterans Jerry Porter and Drayton Florence last week.

Salary Cap move here. $6 Million is a lot for a 33 year-old running back. Especially if he isn't starting.

Salary Cap move here. $6 Million is a lot for a 33 year-old running back. Especially if he isn't starting.

Fred said he was willing to take a pay cut!

It was time and it does not mean that they cannot resign him when free agency begins for less money.

It also says he wants to start. I think they are giving him the opportunity to find a team willing to give him a shot at the starting position and if he can't, then they might re-sign him.

It was time and it does not mean that they cannot resign him when free agency begins for less money.

That is true, and can possibly happen...and it better happen.

I know how you feel Floppy, I was not happy when Emmitt Smith left the Cowboys.

How do you think the 49ers fans felt when Joe left for Kansas City?

I can't wait till I read Larry Johnson has been cut.

They might have felt worse, but we would have felt a helluva lot better!

Yes I am:bad: Last year was a epic failure, I'm also sorry to see Carl Peterson leave.
Don't give up hope yet hacker..the new crew might not be an improvement despite the hype.

They are a couple years away from being decent. At least. But unlike MO, I am glad to see Peterson outta here!

They are a couple years away from being decent. At least. But unlike MO, I am glad to see Peterson outta here!

ditto ....it was about 2 years too late.

Back