Anybody else a fan of heel-shafted blade putters?

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
I know that DD has one and now, so do I. Ive always been a fan of heel-shafted blade putters (like what Phil uses).
I recently scored a Ping J-Blade on Ebay.
I liked my Mizzie putters, but I just prefer something with a smaller head. :confused2:
Ive never owned a Ping, but Ive always heard good things about Ping putters, so hopefully I will like it.

Good luck with it. I really like the Yaupon head on the SSB putters with the Santa Fe hosel. It is similar and works great.

Yup, thank God for Ebay. It allows me to try various clubs because I can buy them cheap and if I dont like them, resell them for pretty what I paid for them.

I guess I'll find out if I'm a fan or not if I win an old acushnet today.I know a buddy who has one; a mcgregor I beleive handed down from his dad and it's stole a few skins from me.

I actually like my old Dunlop Rainbow, which is heel shafted. If it weighed a little more it would probably be in the bag. No, that's not true -- but I do sort of like it.

I used one in high school and for several years after. It has been in my bag off and on since then although since I got the SeeMore, it's been warming the bench. I won't get rid of it though, it has sunk a lot of putts.

I love em, so classic looking. Best are the Yes! Nicky and the Yes! Sophia
Ive considered one of those, but they are a little pricey. For $150, Id buy an Odyssey before I bought a Yes!.

ive been using a Louisville Golf 2500 for about a year before i got the Yes! putter. I used an Odyssey XG9 and an Odyssey White Hot #8 before that. they are my favorite type too. i recently bought a Wilson 8862 but havent tried it out yet

3261290027_71cc2c410b.jpg

3205058732_628106fd87.jpg

3198337458_b46e7b0cdf.jpg

They will drop in price soon once the new ones come out. The older Yes!'s are under $100 now.
Im sure they could be bought used on Ebay for pretty cheap as well. We'll see how I like this Ping.

RI-Bimini-3.jpg

RI-Bimini-2.jpg

Id give a Yes! a shot if I could buy one cheap on Ebay or if I could try one out before I bought it.
Im a little hesitant to lay down $100+ on something I cant try first, especially if its a putter because putters for me are so much about feel.

I know that DD has one and now, so do I. Ive always been a fan of heel-shafted blade putters (like what Phil uses).
I recently scored a Ping J-Blade on Ebay.
I liked my Mizzie putters, but I just prefer something with a smaller head. :confused2:
Ive never owned a Ping, but Ive always heard good things about Ping putters, so hopefully I will like it.

They are pretty but not the best putter to use... they are just realllllly tough to work around with

Good luck with it. I really like the Yaupon head on the SSB putters with the Santa Fe hosel. It is similar and works great.

in offset, maybe... but certaintly no where near a heel shafted blade (such as my yonex). the Yaupon has much more weight in its head design and a healthy sweetspot. These older blade putters have a sweet spot the size of a pin...

that's pretty nice... a nice combination of modern technology in a classic style

I love those types of putters!

So far, I love my J-blade. It has a very similar feel to the Wilson Augusta and Titleist Bullseye that I used to have (due to the bronze head) and it putts well.
I'll just be glad when the weather breaks and I can try this thing out on the course instead of on my living room floor.

Back