And I know what club you're referencing, Tadashi! :banana:

Umm, I'm at golfsmith now and a VRs will most likely be riding home with me. The 9.5* is giving me ideal launch conditions on the GC2 LM.

John Deere Tap'n...

I like the sounds of this. XS 59 gram shaft?

I like the sounds of this. XS 59 gram shaft?

Was hitting the stiff Fubuki. I didn't see any XS demos, but am going to ask for one to compare.

John Deere Tap'n...

OEM dirtydawg haha rock on dude. The numbers don't lie.

Beast mode from tapatalk

That's awesome DD. Loving how this driver's working for everyone! Can't wait to hear feedback!

not to hijack the thread but has anyone had any experience with the VRS fairways yet?

not to hijack the thread but has anyone had any experience with the VRS fairways yet?

Yes and I will have a report for you coming up. Safe to say that if you like the driver, you will like the FW as well.

Definitely want a new 3w in the bag this year, the list of clubs to try keeps growing....Cleveland black, RBZ, and now VRs.

If you don't know, I dislike Nike. I told myself that I would not touch the VR_S clubs because I might find myself actually liking them. Well at the golf show today, Cleveland and Nike were there doing demos. After I hit the Classic (I was impressed), the Nike rep told me he guaranteed I would like the VR_S better. I told him I was in a hurry to leave, then he offered me a free sleeve of ProV1s (Maple Hill put this on, so he had access to everything) because he saw my Titleist hat. So I gave the driver a swing. I'm convincing myself that is was all the shaft, which was the new Fubuki K-Series (aftermarket, not made-for) 51g in stiff. The shaft BLEW me away. I liked the Miyazaki on the Classic, but the Fubuki blew it away. I now have another item to add to my three page long list of golf wants that will probably never be fulfilled. The actual VR_S head was fast as advertised. I was getting more ball speed than my current driver, but more spin. The head produced great numbers for me overall, but I really didn't like the feel of it alone. It was a very hard feeling at impact, which the shaft did a good job of covering up. Since I won't lie about my likes and dislikes, I have to say that the excellent choice of SHAFTS that the Nike rep put in the different demos gave me a positive impression of the club.

If you don't know, I dislike Nike. I told myself that I would not touch the VR_S clubs because I might find myself actually liking them. Well at the golf show today, Cleveland and Nike were there doing demos. After I hit the Classic (I was impressed), the Nike rep told me he guaranteed I would like the VR_S better. I told him I was in a hurry to leave, then he offered me a free sleeve of ProV1s (Maple Hill put this on, so he had access to everything) because he saw my Titleist hat. So I gave the driver a swing. I'm convincing myself that is was all the shaft, which was the new Fubuki K-Series (aftermarket, not made-for) 51g in stiff. The shaft BLEW me away. I liked the Miyazaki on the Classic, but the Fubuki blew it away. I now have another item to add to my three page long list of golf wants that will probably never be fulfilled. The actual VR_S head was fast as advertised. I was getting more ball speed than my current driver, but more spin. The head produced great numbers for me overall, but I really didn't like the feel of it alone. It was a very hard feeling at impact, which the shaft did a good job of covering up. Since I won't lie about my likes and dislikes, I have to say that the excellent choice of SHAFTS that the Nike rep put in the different demos gave me a positive impression of the club.

haha dude just admit it, nike makes good clubs, you dont have to cover it up with "its the shaft" hehe.

Check again on the shaft. It has been made for Nike.

Lmao 10yard.

Specs? I'd love to know that information. This driver looks nice, almost like a progression from the Machspeed.
I agree with that… definitely looks like the machspeed hit the gym this offseason and came out looking a lot better.

I was told it was a made for shaft today too.

The one they had was the aftermarket version. There were no Nike markings on it and the guy told me this one was aftermarket. They did have the made for one too, they had both for comparison.

haha dude just admit it, nike makes good clubs, you dont have to cover it up with "its the shaft" hehe.

I will gladly admit that they make good clubs. I do not want to admit that I like them.

I will gladly admit that they make good clubs. I do not want to admit that I like them.

haha nice. You did make me want to hit the Fubuki K even more though, have always liked the fubuki line.

The one they had was the aftermarket version. There were no Nike markings on it and the guy told me this one was aftermarket. They did have the made for one too, they had both for comparison.

So he put one of the real deal Fubuki's in it for you? Makes sense.

He had the made for and real one both there so people could see a comparison. I didn't have time for the made-for one but I will hit it next time I'm at the pro shop. He said most couldn't tell a difference but the ones who could liked the real one better.

Was hitting the stiff Fubuki. I didn't see any XS demos, but am going to ask for one to compare.

John Deere Tap'n...

Everywhere I've been, they only had regular and stiff. I hope you have better luck than me man. :)

The old things that make you go hmmmm. Where is Arsenio?

DD,
With your tempo (which is awe inspiring), this driver might be ridiculous.

You were right JB. I hit it very well and aside from a couple monster hooks, my misses weren't all that bad. I did notice that my launch angle was hanging between 13-14* (9.5* head), but sometimes it would get up between 16-17*. On well struck shots the spin was right around 2500, but still never got above 3300 on mishits. Somehow I didn't make an on the spot OEM, but a call to blind9 could happen next week. I want to give the R11s some more range time.

You were right JB. I hit it very well and aside from a couple monster hooks, my misses weren't all that bad. I did notice that my launch angle was hanging between 13-14* (9.5* head), but sometimes it would get up between 16-17*. On well struck shots the spin was right around 2500, but still never got above 3300 on mishits. Somehow I didn't make an on the spot OEM, but a call to blind9 could happen next week. I want to give the R11s some more range time.

What's your SS? I thought it was up there and that is why I asked about the XS shaft. Per the online fitting for this shaft, they have it as follows hence why I went with the stiff when I am normally a regular with a driver SS at 94-98 or so.

106+ - XS
92-105 - S
81-90 - R

Back