2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

Thanks everyone for helping me spend my $200 gift card to Golfsmith! Ha. As soon as they hit the stores - I am all over that 14 degree Mashie 3w. I added the 2011 2h last week and love it. I'll be adding the 3h as soon as I find a good deal probably on the bay. Looks like in going 3 deep on Mashies! Seriously loving these clubs.
Hey berty I think you'll enjoy that "Mashie Longer From Any Lie" Fun!

Hit my 15.5 degree Mashie 3W today five times:
Length: Comparable to my 17 degree Cleveland 3W. Shorter shaft length did not seem to reduce distance. The course was playing fast (tight lies).
Trajectory: Definitely lower than my 17 degree Cleveland 3W, but to be expected due to loft decrease.
Feel: Very solid, almost heavy feel at impact.
Bottom Rails: Seem to make it easier to hit from the thin lies on the course I played today.

Final thoughts: It will take some getting used to but not discouraged. I hit it five times all from the fairway. 3 were dead straight, mid trajectory, decent length. One was hit thin, line drive, and went good distance anyway. One was an over the top miss.

I am playing again Sunday and looking forward to getting better acquainted with my Mashie FW.

Nice feedback, td. How would you characterize your fairway wood game? Did you hit it off the tee at all?

Hawk, only hit it off the turf. Hit the Cleveland FL 17 degree high and usually straight to a fade -- about 195-200 yards. The two things I noticed are the Mashie is heavier and the trajectory is lower. I am sold on Miyazaki shafts, I have M2,3,4,5 Mashie hybrids, FL 3FW and XL270. I find myself thinking about the Cleveland CG Black Driver and Fairway Wood, even though my regular foursome thinks I am crazy for any of these changes since I am hitting my current stuff pretty well.

Tuscon, nice feedback!!! as a lover of the Mashie Hybrid how would you compare the FW to the hybrid (mashie)

Tuscon, nice feedback!!! as a lover of the Mashie Hybrid how would you compare the FW to the hybrid (mashie)

It has the same 59R shaft. Looks like the Mashie hybrids big brother at address. I hit the hybrid Mashies very high -- the Mashie FW has a much lower trajectory and is heavier.

Gonna add one more to the shootout list.

I'll be testing these against each other for off the deck performance:

Ping G15 4w w/Diamana BlueBoard 83 Stiff
Cleveland Mashie F3 15.5 w/Miyazaki 59 Stiff
Tour Edge Exotics XCG4 4w w/Motore 65 Stiff
PRGR Egg Spoon 15* w//M43 Stiff

I'm really interested to see how the Spoon stacks up. I have never heard/seen one single solitary bad thing about it. Everyone raves about it that hits it.

I'm also a HUGE Mashie hybrid fan. So I'm interested in how the FW performs.

Hawk, only hit it off the turf. Hit the Cleveland FL 17 degree high and usually straight to a fade -- about 195-200 yards. The two things I noticed are the Mashie is heavier and the trajectory is lower. I am sold on Miyazaki shafts, I have M2,3,4,5 Mashie hybrids, FL 3FW and XL270. I find myself thinking about the Cleveland CG Black Driver and Fairway Wood, even though my regular foursome thinks I am crazy for any of these changes since I am hitting my current stuff pretty well.

Thanks again for the post. I do agree that the Mashie seems heavier, though I think some of that may be swing-weight related.

Interesting. I didnt notice my Mashie TF3 being heavier but I dont have any other FW inside to compare it to.

I've always thought the Mashies were a little head heavy.

Found the Cleveland Black 3W and yeah the Mashie is a lot heavier. Like by a large margin it seems. Mashie means business.

Taking my new M+3 out for 18 today - I'll report back how it does relative to the Original Mashie.

Nice pics 10yard! It looks fantastic. I want mine.

Sent from my forged iPad

Nice pics 10yard! It looks fantastic. I want mine.

Sent from my forged iPad

Thanks man, looks like it means business!

The 3W is business. Hit it today on a trackman and if it was accurate I hit it as far as my current driver. Note: hit the mashie with a stiff shaft that I need instead of a reg shaft that I have in my burner driver.

Tappin' for world peace!

The 3W is business. Hit it today on a trackman and if it was accurate I hit it as far as my current driver. Note: hit the mashie with a stiff shaft that I need instead of a reg shaft that I have in my burner driver.

Tappin' for world peace!

Nice man, I bet your pondering hard lol.

Tappin' for world peace!

Flix, I'm with you on this...didn't get to hit the 15.5 deg on a monitor, but did get a few swings, and while I can't say for certain what the result would have looked like outside, that is the best feeling FW I've ever hit. I'm in major, I-NEED-MY-BONUS-NOW ponder mode.

Really liked the feel of the Mashie+ hybrid too, but need to hit that one outdoors given my 2011 Mashie experience with the lefts.

Flix, I'm with you on this...didn't get to hit the 15.5 deg on a monitor, but did get a few swings, and while I can't say for certain what the result would have looked like outside, that is the best feeling FW I've ever hit. I'm in major, I-NEED-MY-BONUS-NOW ponder mode.

Really liked the feel of the Mashie+ hybrid too, but need to hit that one outdoors given my 2011 Mashie experience with the lefts.

Hehe!

The mashie+ hybrids are better than 2011 ones imo. I had also tendencies to hit them left but I think the 2012 version with lesser offset is a winner!

Tappin' for world peace!

Not even pondering that anymore. It's going in the bag!

Tappin' for world peace!

haha nice! I agree about this one feeling amazing, such a solid feeling FW.

haha nice! I agree about this one feeling amazing, such a solid feeling FW.

Indeed! I have always stayed away from FW:s because i havent been able to hit them. But love the Mashie.

Mashie+ worked much better for me than the Original Mashie. The reduced offset really helps. I can really bomb this thing. Even on mishits, it's great. I really believe the Mashie is the easiest to bomb hybrid out there.

Finally got a chance to hit my new 14 and 18 degree mashie fairways (stiff) today. All I can say is WOW!!! Left the driver at home. I was hitting the 14 degree consistently 20 yards past my playing partner's drivers. Hit it close to the distance I hit my current driver (Titleist 907 D2 10.5 - very soon to be Cleveland Classic 10.5). I would estimate I was hitting the 14 degree about 250 off the tee and 235 - 240 off the deck. Represents about a 20 yard increase over the 15 degree Titleist 904 F I had been gaming. Both clubs produced a mid ball flight for me which I prefer and were easy to hit from tee, fairway or rough. They definitely lived up to my expectations!

Was in a local golf store today after hitting the range. Was talking to one sales guy and the phone rang. Heard the guy on the phone say he didn't think that club existed. He comes over and says that the person on the phone inquired about a mashie fairway wood. I couldn't believe it, he had no clue about it. This is one of their managers too.

Was in a local golf store today after hitting the range. Was talking to one sales guy and the phone rang. Heard the guy on the phone say he didn't think that club existed. He comes over and says that the person on the phone inquired about a mashie fairway wood. I couldn't believe it, he had no clue about it. This is one of their managers too.
thats pretty bad, dude needs trained or fired.

Back