Amazon Kindle Fire

Good free app today from amazon. Tasks and Todos is very solid. Normally $5 and free today.

Good free app today from amazon. Tasks and Todos is very solid. Normally $5 and free today.
Going to grab it in a bit.

I wish I could get a good Google Calendar app on the Fire, so far nothing I have tried is that great.

My wife is loving hers so far. Anyone know of any good couponing apps for it?

I got my wife the ipad 2 and my daughter the Kindle Fire. I like them both but I would say the fire is better mainly because of the price. $199 for the fire and $499 for the ipad. The $300 difference is huge.

Sent my fire back. Just does not have the horsepower or apps to make it a tool. I think it is a great item for the surf, email and reader crowd. My wife had has an iPad and after sending the fire back I went and bought an iPad also. I was using her's som much for work that she was complaining :)

Sent my fire back. Just does not have the horsepower or apps to make it a tool. I think it is a great item for the surf, email and reader crowd. My wife had has an iPad and after sending the fire back I went and bought an iPad also. I was using her's som much for work that she was complaining :)
I suppose that is where we differ. I have my laptop if I want to do work, my tablet is just a device for doing simple things on the go, email, quick web search, and on the go entertainment. I don't need or want it to be a device I will be doing work on.

Its not for everyone. But I have both, the fire and ipad, and use each for different things. I greatly prefer the fire, as the form factor is just so nice that it makes it easy to use.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I suppose that is where we differ. I have my laptop if I want to do work, my tablet is just a device for doing simple things on the go, email, quick web search, and on the go entertainment. I don't need or want it to be a device I will be doing work on.

I have laptops too and I do a lot of administrative work with it along with coding etc. For example I do lots of presentations. The Ipads allows me to be "unteathered" from my laptop to move around the room, annotate, white board and control my laptop. I also use the iPad to remotely control my mixer when we are playing out and dont have a sound man.

The Kindle is very kool and was a much needed product to fill a void in the market. Just not quite what I needed or wnated.

We just wrapped up another deal — this time bringing in content from MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, TV Land, and VH1 — to add 2,000 new titles to Prime Instant Video. Together with the existing movies and shows from CBS, Fox, Disney-ABC, PBS, NBC, Sony, and Warner Bros., we now offer, at no additional cost, unlimited instant streaming of more than 15,000 titles.

This is on the front page of Amazon today.

This is on the front page of Amazon today.
This is great. Was talking to a co-worker about Prime vs Netflix the other day, which she stated she prefers Netflix because it's "cheaper." I told her to look at what she pays total for a year as well as what services she gets out of it, and compare that to the yearly cost to Prime, and the services she would get with that.

Prime is a phenomenal deal, and the savings in shipping over the past 2 months has more than paid for it. Add in the instant streaming, the book checkout, etc, and it's a steal.

Is modern family available for the Kindle Fire?

Is modern family available for the Kindle Fire?

Yes, but I dont think it is part of the Prime free streaming as of yet.

Yes, but I dont think it is part of the Prime free streaming as of yet.

I'd definitely pay for the membership. I'm waiting to see if this 2.0 update with the playbook is legit (and it lets me keep HULU) before make the jump but I think its almost time.

I'd definitely pay for the membership. I'm waiting to see if this 2.0 update with the playbook is legit (and it lets me keep HULU) before make the jump but I think its almost time.
Do it, you wont be disappointed.

We are getting our Prime Membership here in the next month or so, so it's great to hear that they are expanding the offerings.

I ordered a Kindle Fire yesterday. Can't wait to get it!

We are getting our Prime Membership here in the next month or so, so it's great to hear that they are expanding the offerings.

you'll love that. Prime is awesome

Wow. Awesome! Bring it, Amazon!
I've saved at least 40 in shipping since the first of the year alone being on Prime.

Nice commercial for the Kindle series.

I love my Kindle Fire still. It's just so damn handy and the perfect size. I always forget about the free app of the day, but that's okay.

We're now a two-Kindle family. My oldest son picked one up a few weeks ago. He received the original Kindle for a graduation present last summer but liked my wife's KF so much he sold his Kindle to grandma. He's using the Prime account much more than my wife is - he's been streaming old TV shows and movies to his KF, and all she's done so far is downloaded a few apps. It's cool to see them both using their KFs at church, replacing their paper bibles and using the church's WiFi while in service. :angel:

Prime just announced they are adding 3000 more titles to their free video section.

Back