Project X Black Shaft Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review TC, I have been looking forward to this one! I am glad to hear that it is just as stable as the blue line with a bit less weight. Now just to find out if it would actually increase club head speed and ultimately ball speed resulting in more carry. Obviously, that is a personal thing and one I must determine for myself.

Nice job highlighting the characteristics of this new offering!

Gret write-up! Thanks for the information...this shaft sounds very intersting. I may need to find somewhere to hit it :)

Great review TC. With what you said about carry and rollout i'd be very interested to see the stats achievable with something the Razr Fit on the end of one of these bad boys

Thanks for the review TC, I have been looking forward to this one! I am glad to hear that it is just as stable as the blue line with a bit less weight. Now just to find out if it would actually increase club head speed and ultimately ball speed resulting in more carry. Obviously, that is a personal thing and one I must determine for myself.

Nice job highlighting the characteristics of this new offering!

I wasn't able to put it on the vector cookie but I want to know the same thing. Maybe I can try to do that after the fact. If you like the PX Blue then I think you'll love this shaft.

Sent from my forged iPad

Cheers TC for the review! You didn't have the ability to test it on a launch monitor compared to other shafts?

Tappin' for world peace!

Cheers TC for the review! You didn't have the ability to test it on a launch monitor compared to other shafts?

Tappin' for world peace!

No, not this time. I wouldn't really do a comparison either. I would just get some numbers. I also don't have a PX Blue to compare it to.

Sent from my forged iPad

No, not this time. I wouldn't really do a comparison either. I would just get some numbers. I also don't have a PX Blue to compare it to.

Sent from my forged iPad

Ah, well if you didn't even have the Blue to compare with :p

Tappin' for world peace!

Excellent review TC! I'm about to try out my first PX shafts, and it's the blue model. I'm really intrigued, and if I like it, I will likely want one of these even more. So much detail in here, great job!

I always had great luck with the blue PX, so I am very interested in this shaft. Great review TC! I can't wait to hear more about performance when conditions are a little more dry. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this shaft will be available to MCers.

Great job TC! I really would like to put this shaft in my driver. I love the looks and hope the performance would translate to me. Thanks for a great review. You are a true shaft master!

Awesome stuff, TC. Yet another driver shaft that I will ponder.

Outstanding review TC. This shaft intrigues me. I feel like the Blue was just a little too low spin so that it was costing me a little distance. Hoping this will give me a touch more spin. This would look sick in a Razr Fit!

Great review TC. With what you said about carry and rollout i'd be very interested to see the stats achievable with something the Razr Fit on the end of one of these bad boys

I was thinking the exact same thing Kelly!

I reckon this shaft would go nicely with a Cleveland Classic driver.

Sounds like something I need to give some swings with in 2012. I know some Morgan Cuppers are very pleased to hear some thoughts on this. Thanks for the thorough review, TC.

Very good review TC. I love how in depth they are and you cover all aspects. I was hoping the lighter weight was going to soften the feel a touch but it sounds like it hasn't. Which is actually a great thing for the PX'ers!

That was a great review, tons of info. "Maximum carry and roll" I'll take that any day of the week.

The minute I heard about these I was immediately intrigued. Lighter and more stable? Yeah buddy! Great work on the review. I always learn something new from reading your reviews.

Great review TC! Based on what you saw out of the ball flight, what would you say is similar? Based on your description, it seems similar to my ATTAS.

Very solid review TC. While I preferred the look of the Blue, that is merely personal and loved the performance of these.

Great review TC and something I need to consider.

TapAhoy!

Any idea on cost?

TapAhoy!

Back