Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Absolutely. I have something lined up for about 10 days from now at the club. Having signups right now there and people will hit it and their own and fill out an index card on their thoughts. I will then post all the thoughts here.

That's very cool!

Absolutely. I have something lined up for about 10 days from now at the club. Having signups right now there and people will hit it and their own and fill out an index card on their thoughts. I will then post all the thoughts here.

I like that idea a lot.

In all honesty, I hope the stock shaft gets rave reviews. It would seriously make my brain feel better.

Same here. I expect it will work very well, but I do want to see.

In all honesty, I hope the stock shaft gets rave reviews. It would seriously make my brain feel better.
I really liked the stock shaft in the Classic, thought it was great. The stock shaft with the 10.5* head was doing me well when I had the opportunity to hit it. However, I did not get along with the 9*.

That's a neat test, performance obviously will be a focus but also it will be interesting to see how the appearance is scored between younger vs older players.

--
tapatalk

I really liked the stock shaft in the Classic, thought it was great. The stock shaft with the 10.5* head was doing me well when I had the opportunity to hit it. However, I did not get along with the 9*.

What went wrong with the 9* head?

Same here. I expect it will work very well, but I do want to see.

I thought the stock shaft felt absolutely amazing, but the spin numbers were just too high for me.... The quality of this shaft/head combo is unbelievable, especially at what Blind9 will offer THPers for it.

I thought the stock shaft felt absolutely amazing, but the spin numbers were just too high for me.... The quality of this shaft/head combo is unbelievable, especially at what Blind9 will offer THPers for it.

Honestly, it would have scared me if the spin numbers weren't bad for you at that swing speed dude haha.

What went wrong with the 9* head?
Line drives and worm burners happened. Plus, when hitting the 9* I was babying my swing and just not getting the ball up in the air. The few times I got after it with my swing, I absolutely crushed them, but I still prefer a higher lofted driver. With the Classic it would be either a 10.5* or even up to a 12*.

Honestly, it would have scared me if the spin numbers weren't bad for you at that swing speed dude haha.

If his spin numbers werent bad we'd have to look at another driver...

Heh, well, I think based on the driver in your sig currently, you will be beasting the Cleveland Classic for sure... Despite the higher spin, it was still launching like a low missile for me. I can't wait to hear your feedback on hitting this thing.

If his spin numbers werent bad we'd have to look at another driver...

Exactly. Looking at Tmex's numbers, I think the 10.5 stock would serve me pretty well.

12* ftw!

--
tapatalk

Man I hit moon balls with 10.5* as it is a 12* driver might as well be called my driving wedge.

Man I hit moon balls with 10.5* as it is a 12* driver might as well be called my driving wedge.

It will very much depend on the head. With the low spin of a driver like this, I think you would be surprised how much it brings the ball flight down. I am debating on 12* myself with this one.

It will very much depend on the head. With the low spin of a driver like this, I think you would be surprised how much it brings the ball flight down. I am debating on 12* myself with this one.

Wow really? I really need to just hit this and clear my head of all my past balloons with 10.5* heads. I would think you could put the right shaft in it before going 12* no?

I'm secretly doing the same, but I just don't know if I could do it without trying one first.

Wow really? I really need to just hit this and clear my head of all my past balloons with 10.5* heads. I would think you could put the right shaft in it before going 12* no?

Possibly, but the added forgiveness I think I will see with more loft would be a great benefit.

I'll be going with the 10.5* more than likely. I keep thinking about the Classics on Tour, the shafts paired with them, and I still can't believe it sometimes.

My main concern is getting the launch up where I need it. I do wonder what effect the 12° head would have on spin though.

Possibly, but the added forgiveness I think I will see with more loft would be a great benefit.

This is true. And then you do the same thing with the shaft but sort of in the other direction, to keep the flight from going too high, something like spin I guess

I'm debating 9* or 10.5* as well. I am going to try and hit both on a launch monitor on Saturday.

What about shaft length? Is everyone staying stock? I think Im staying at 45" as my max shaft length now.

What about shaft length? Is everyone staying stock? I think Im staying at 45" as my max shaft length now.

My R9 is 45 and that's what I will likely stick with.

Back