2012 Ryder Cup - Medinah Country Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine how friggin slow Ben Crane would be at the Ryder Cup.....OMG....just shot me now!

I can tell you what annoys me about Webb, but that is better being left unsaid. LOL. Watney is a gamer and I would take him any day. I worry about him though. Sometimes, he seems a bit............off. He acts like he has a social anxiety disorder or something. I cringe during his interviews. But dude has game.

Watney's swing is gorgeous. They had a small piece on it in this month's Golf Digest. Really awesome swing. I think he could easily win multiple events and be looking very good for the Fed Ex Cup this season. I hope he makes the Rider Cup team too!

Watney's swing is gorgeous. They had a small piece on it in this month's Golf Digest. Really awesome swing. I think he could easily win multiple events and be looking very good for the Fed Ex Cup this season. I hope he makes the Rider Cup team too!

Yeah, I saw that. If I couldn't have Adam Scott or Rory McIlroy's swing, Watney is not far down the list. I was interested in Butch's thoughts on his grip, because I have a strong left hand grip myself and Butch said it is something that Nick struggles with and when he starts driving the ball all over the map, his grip is getting too strong and that they have to constantly monitor it. Great guy too. Hope he wins some majors!

I see the US having a solid team this year. The list at the moment doesn't look bad, but there are probably 10-12 other guys who could take a spot in that lineup and you'd be pretty confident at them putting in a performance.

With all that said, we already know how it goes. Europe plays in 2nd gear for the first 2 days, USA gets a chance, the players come out, Europe dances all over them, wins the trophy and TC has a new Avatar. :D

With all that said, we already know how it goes. Europe plays in 2nd gear for the first 2 days, USA gets a chance, the players come out, Europe dances all over them, wins the trophy and TC has a new Avatar. :D

haha now thats the truth! I am pretty confident with the European team this year, we have so many guys who just play consistently and i'd love to see Paul Lawrie get there, his form has been fantastic of late. I think Sergio will be picked even if he's not an automatic as he brings so much to a team plus i'm hoping it goes back to Westwood and Clarke who were unplayable when paired together

First of all you have four serious guys and four fun guys, so the ying and yang thing is working. Second I think your boy Jason D. may not be there when the time comes.

I doubt the European top 8 stay like that. I'd be on Rory, Kaymer, McDowell all being sure locks. I'd love to see Sergio in it.

Kaymer is not a lock. He's lost in the woods. I wouldn't bank on McDowell either. Luke, Rory, Westwood, Garcia (if he truly has turned the corner) I consider locks. Poulter too I guess, with his matchplay record. The other 6-7 spots are too much up in the air, you can make a decent case for 20 guys to get in. The European Team will be deep.

I'd love to see Stanley there, but Dufner and Crane I could do without. All those waggles and slow play would drive me crazy.

Totally agree....never liked Dufner and Crane seems to fame hungry, always trying to chum it up to the camera and looking to see if the camera is on him not to mention his play is way to F* slow.

I hope Sergio makes the team so he can come up with some lame excuse on why he played so terrible like he did at the masters a couple years ago:

"It's too tricky. Even when it's dry you still get mud balls in the middle of the fairway. It's too much of a guessing game. They can do whatever they want. It's not my problem. I just come here and play and then go home."

Guy is a joke and he will never win a major. Hey, maybe he will even spit in one of the hole's at the ryder cup...

That US team is a little scary to me. And not in a good way. A lot of inexperience in that line up. I would like to see Tiger in there and I' sure he will get there by play alone and not be a captains pick. Duffner, Crane, Wilson and Bradley don't do too much for me. I'd like to see Bubba Watson, Rickie Fowler and Gary Woodland make their moves to get on the team as well.

I hope Sergio makes the team so he can come up with some lame excuse on why he played so terrible like he did at the masters a couple years ago:

"It's too tricky. Even when it's dry you still get mud balls in the middle of the fairway. It's too much of a guessing game. They can do whatever they want. It's not my problem. I just come here and play and then go home."

Guy is a joke and he will never win a major. Hey, maybe he will even spit in one of the hole's at the ryder cup...

I think it's a joke that they don't use lift, clean & place at the Masters.

I just looked at tickets and the only ones they had advertised was for some Ryder Club for $800-1600. I hope they sell normal priced tickets. I'd like to go check this out.

I just looked at tickets and the only ones they had advertised was for some Ryder Club for $800-1600. I hope they sell normal priced tickets. I'd like to go check this out.

I was there all week at Valhalla. It's one of the best sporting events I've ever gone to. I'd love to get out to Medinah

Did you have to pay a stupid price like that or were there normal priced tickets as well?

I could get there in about 2.5 hours, so I'm thinking it's a no-brainer.

Did you have to pay a stupid price like that or were there normal priced tickets as well?

I could get there in about 2.5 hours, so I'm thinking it's a no-brainer.

To be honest I don't remember how much we payed.
2.5 hour drive is better than the 13 it took for me to get to Valhalla

I was just telling my girlfriend the other day that I would like to make the trip up from Missouri to Medinah, but if they think I am going to pay $800 to $1600 a ticket, they are out of their mind. I want to experience a Ryder Cup, just not that bad.

I was just telling my girlfriend the other day that I would like to make the trip up from Missouri to Medinah, but if they think I am going to pay $800 to $1600 a ticket, they are out of their mind. I want to experience a Ryder Cup, just not that bad.

I'm going to assume they just don't have regular tickets out yet. Otherwise, I'm going to jump the fence.

I'm going to assume they just don't have regular tickets out yet. Otherwise, I'm going to jump the fence.

need someone to come give you a boost?

Dude. We should get a THP group together to invade Medinah.

Yeah it would.

I have my tickets reserved for Sunday. Chances are my friend Jack may be accompanying me during the pre game festivities.

I'm going to get one of those big uncle sam hats and shout obscenties at those Euro girlymen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back