Pro V1 Best Ball for ALL Golfers?!!?

27 handicaps rarely find success with a ball like the ProV1.

Oh totally, I would never buy ProV1's, just tried a few that I've found. Although I do like the Penta, shot my best rounds with them (as long as I put the drive in play) but just too expensive

27 handicaps rarely find success with a ball like the ProV1.

Where do you come up with these blanket statements? You can't say things like this unless you have some sort of data or research to back it up. Now I'm curious as to why you say what you said? What if said 27 hcp golfer simply can't putt?

Sent from my forged iPad

Where do you come up with these blanket statements? You can't say things like this unless you have some sort of data or research to back it up. Now I'm curious as to why you say what you said? What if said 27 hcp golfer simply can't putt?

Sent from my forged iPad

My thoughts exactly but I am getting tired of arguing over the internet. Looking forward to reading more in this thread today.

Titleist made a boo-boo although they make a great product. Even GC noticed hence the 60 second interview IMO.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Sent from my forged iPad

I said 'rarely.' Yes, there will be some who could effectively use the ball. But the majority of the time, a 27 handicapper is not going to be more successful with this ball than any other.

Just as a footnote; I actually rather like the ProV1x but I just don't seem to find many of them

and in regards my handicap, as my pro says "If you would just a) concentrate and b) take your time you'd easily have a mid-teen handicap"

I don't assign a ball to a handicap. I hover in the low 90's but I use premium balls quite often. It isn't the long game that kills me, it is 100 and in.

I don't assign a ball to a handicap. I hover in the low 90's but I use premium balls quite often. It isn't the long game that kills me, it is 100 and in.

Balls are geared towards a swing. Everyone has a different swing and the swing does not necessarily relate to a specific handicap.

Balls are geared towards a swing. Everyone has a different swing and the swing does not necessarily relate to a specific handicap.

Exactly true, but the majority of the time a high 20s handicap does not have the swing for a premium ball. I did NOT say it couldn't happen, I said most of the time.

Exactly true, but the majority of the time a high 20s handicap does not have the swing for a premium ball. I did NOT say it couldn't happen, I said most of the time.

Which is why I said not necessarily. Though I do agree, the majority of the time this is true.

The Prov1 is a solid ball for many many people, myself included, but it is not "The Best Ball" for me all the time. This person made a blank statement and rather wild claim that simply can't be backed up, IMO, but what's new about that in the world of golf equipment? I'd love to know how many other brands she has ever personally tried and would really like to see someone put her on the spot to answer where her stats come from.

Titleist has been saying for years that the ProV1 is the right ball for everyone. Their logic was that there isnt much difference in driver distance from a tour ball to a distance ball and that because tour balls get a lot more spin off of the irons and wedges, that for high handicappers they are the right ball because those players tend to miss the green more often and need that spin to help them get up and down when they miss the green.
If you go on Titleist's website they also go so far as to say that the importance of compressing the ball is a myth and that the notion of compressing the ball is more of a feel thing that it is something that actually effects ball performance.

Titleist has been saying for years that the ProV1 is the right ball for everyone. Their logic was that there isnt much difference in driver distance from a tour ball to a distance ball and that because tour balls get a lot more spin off of the irons and wedges, that for high handicappers they are the right ball because those players tend to miss the green more often and need that spin to help them get up and down when they miss the green.
If you go on Titleist's website they also go so far as to say that the importance of compressing the ball is a myth and that the notion of compressing the ball is more of a feel thing that it is something that actually effects ball performance.

it seems that they fail to acknowledge that a slicer will slice twice as much with this ball due to the added side spin. I've experienced the problem before. A 20 yard fade with a T-F XL3000 will be a 40 yard fade with the ProV1.

I think she was a little overboard on what she said but it looks like somebody at the factory decided that the ProV1 is the ball for everyone. If it is, why do they sell all the other balls? Maybe they want to get you hooked on their brand and then you will become addicted and feel like you need to more expensive balls. Drug dealers do that.

Just my opinion, which is the best or everyone! :D

it seems that they fail to acknowledge that a slicer will slice twice as much with this ball due to the added side spin. I've experienced the problem before. A 20 yard fade with a T-F XL3000 will be a 40 yard fade with the ProV1.
I agree. More spin isnt going to do someone much good if its sidespin. Hence why I dont agree with Titleist's claim that the ProV1 is for everyone.

The pro at my home course is a Titleist staffer. He just got back from training and he was disputing Bridgestone's claim that there is a better ball for different golfers. I told him I disagree with that and we had a discussion.

I then asked him, "If the Pro V1 is the best ball, why are people playing the Pro V1x?" His response, "Some people like the sound of the X better. Otherwise it's the same ball." Also, Titleist is telling people that the DT Solo will have as much noticable spin on iron and wedge shots as a Pro V1.

The pro at my home course is a Titleist staffer. He just got back from training and he was disputing Bridgestone's claim that there is a better ball for different golfers. I told him I disagree with that and we had a discussion.

I then asked him, "If the Pro V1 is the best ball, why are people playing the Pro V1x?" His response, "Some people like the sound of the X better. Otherwise it's the same ball." Also, Titleist is telling people that the DT Solo will have as much noticable spin on iron and wedge shots as a Pro V1.

This guy is a pro? I've seen plenty of pros push Titleist on people till I they out of the store, but never have they said it's the best thing period. And if the DT SoLo has as much spin as the ProV1 and is longer for me and a lot of others, why on Earth would anyone buy the ProV1? And since Titleist is sogood why don't they just combine both balls into the ProV1s that has such an amazing sound that nobody could ever not use it.

Stupid free golf balls. Titleist would never get a penny from me for balls if I had to buy them. I happen to love them. I'm tired of all this BS advertising and claims and other crap that some bug OEMs are putting out right now. When the day comes that I can afford new clubs and balls like MattyKrack, I'll only be buying from brands like Bridgestone and PING.

I wonder if she went through a ball fitting?

I agree...she should go through a ball fitting.

I'd guess two, maybe three balls stuffed into her mouth should be enough to shut her up an keep her from making anymore ridiculous claims.

Of course, they would have to be ProV1 balls though...

Taaaaap-a-talk....tap tap taaap-a-talk....give it a little tap-a-rooonie...

ProV1=not for me...too much sidesping=bad news as evident by a few wayward balls yesterday

comical! This wreaks of pure desperation. I'd like to print this thread out and wipe with it.

bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well said tc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol......

That's just ignorant. Another marketing putz strikes again.

Sent from my forged iPad

Do you honestly think someone could putt bad enough to make them a 27 handicap, but strike the ball like a 4 or 5 with the other clubs? I know some bad putters and I can be pretty bad at times myself, but come on man.

I hate, no wait...I love to say this...I've tried Pro V1's....Didn't like or dislike them better than the Taylormade Pentas...but, I just bought a dozen Pro V1x and I think I found my ball!

In my bag
Driver: :taylormade: Superfast 2.0 (10.5°)/ Matrix Ozick XCon-4.8 Flex S
Fairway Metals: :taylormade: R11 5 Wood / Blur by Fujikura Flex S
Irons: :taylormade: TP MB 4-PW
Gap Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT C-C Wedge Gap, Nippon N.S. Pro 1050 GH 50° Extra Stiff/Strong
Sand Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT, FST KBS Hi-REV 54° (12° Bounce)
Lob Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT, Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH 60° (10° Bounce)
Putter: :odyssey: 2Ball SRT White Hot XG - Belly Putter
Ball:
PTXFjMAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
Titleist Pro V1X

Phenomenal feel!

Yes, I absolutely do. I am a pretty good example of that.
Do you honestly think someone could putt bad enough to make them a 27 handicap, but strike the ball like a 4 or 5 with the other clubs? I know some bad putters and I can be pretty bad at times myself, but come on man.

I was unaware that so many of members didn't realize that the ProV1 guarantees lower scores.

Back