New Birdie Ball Putting Green and Chip Mat

Thanks for the replies. I been putting together a bill of materials. I decided to go with 2 sections. It was a little cheaperand easier to build. I am going with the deaper design. I am going to border it with 1 x 6 white pine. This will give it a 1" bumper. The platform will sit 5 1/2 " above the floor. The lower design would have ben 4 1/2".

The mat will be here on Friday, so, I will have a good weekend project. If it looks good and passes the wife's inspection. I will post pics from the finished basement, else the pics will be from the unfinished work room.

Thanks again
John
John

Thanks again for the help.

It's only 4' x 9' but there is always something in the way. I have too much furniture. I actually sold my loveseat in our office to a coworker the other day and thought that would free up the space but it's still too crowded because of OG's big desk/chair and a floor vent that messed up my idea. The desk might have to go too! I could definitely downsize it and make it work but do I really want to do that? YES! :D

My office looks almost exactly like Nextgen's except I have a huge desk in there too. My putting green is the same size as his too.

I understand because I had a large L-shaped desk. It was worth the downsize. I'm sure OG will take care of it for when your ready to rehab after surgery. Good luck.

I understand because I had a large L-shaped desk. It was worth the downsize. I'm sure OG will take care of it for when your ready to rehab after surgery. Good luck.

Bullfrog is sending me his bumpers since he didn't use them. I'm leaving the desk and just putting the green down without a platform so I can easily move it when necessary. I love having a putting green, especially now that I can't play for a few months. THANKS AGAIN BULLFROG!!!

Bullfrog is sending me his bumpers since he didn't use them. I'm leaving the desk and just putting the green down without a platform so I can easily move it when necessary. I love having a putting green, especially now that I can't play for a few months. THANKS AGAIN BULLFROG!!!

No problem KB. I'm glad they are gonna get used instead of laying on my floor next to my birdieball putting platform. They will definitely help with keeping the ball on some. And keeping the edges flat.

I got my bumpers from Bullfrog today and WHAT A DIFFERENCE they make! Here's a picture of my putting green. I haven't rearranged my office just yet but I'm about to make Ole Gray help me move some furniture around to make this thing fit. I used a laser and drew lines when I first got it. Figured it was going to be stored and it wouldn't matter. Regret that now from an appearance stand point but it helps me square the putter and gives me feedback on how it's rolling. This is 4' x 9' and only allows me to putt from about 7' out but that's the ones I need to work on the most. This is a great putting green for about $75 (not including the cost of the bumpers Bullfrog sent me). Thanks again Bullfrog!!

Looking good Kellybo. Time to work on the short putts.

I got my bumpers from Bullfrog today and WHAT A DIFFERENCE they make! Here's a picture of my putting green. I haven't rearranged my office just yet but I'm about to make Ole Gray help me move some furniture around to make this thing fit. I used a laser and drew lines when I first got it. Figured it was going to be stored and it wouldn't matter. Regret that now from an appearance stand point but it helps me square the putter and gives me feedback on how it's rolling. This is 4' x 9' and only allows me to putt from about 7' out but that's the ones I need to work on the most. This is a great putting green for about $75 (not including the cost of the bumpers Bullfrog sent me). Thanks again Bullfrog!!

Looks good KB. Now you need to work on your putts so you can school og on the greens.

Fear The Frog! Amphibians can Tapatalk.

Very nice setup. I think I may look into the 4 x 9.

You guys are making me want to put one of these in my basement. Time to make a trip to the Depot for some lumber.

Well I finished my putting green. I think it looks pretty good! More importantly it puts great. I got the go ahead from my wife to put it on th first floor for now. I am very happy and putting all of the time.

Let me know what you think!

http://s1049.photobucket.com/albums/s395/jjjj-4/?action=view&current=IMG_2529.jpg

http://s1049.photobucket.com/albums/s395/jjjj-4/?action=view&current=IMG_2529.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1049.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fs395%2Fjjjj-4%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DIMG_2527.jpg

Thanks again for the help!
John

Looks good 4j, very nice setup.

Well I finished my putting green. I think it looks pretty good! More importantly it puts great. I got the go ahead from my wife to put it on th first floor for now. I am very happy and putting all of the time.

IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

John

LOOKS GREAT! I'm jealous of all that room.

KB and 4J, they look great. 4j great use of space, definitely worth the extra work.

http://s1049.photobucket.com/albums/s395/jjjj-4/?action=view&current=IMG_2529.jpg

http://s1049.photobucket.com/albums...s395/jjjj-4/?action=view&current=IMG_2527.jpg

John

Looks good dude! Almost as slick as mine. :laughing: seriously it looks nice.

Looks good dude! Almost as slick as mine. :laughing: seriously it looks nice.

Yours definitely is sick, especially because of the size, add a windmill and i'll really be jealous. lol

Those look very nice everyone. Good job.

Thanks for all of the positive comments. I am really happy with the way it turned out.

I did make another modification that I like a lot. I got tired of ball extractor flags falling over. So I put duct tape on the bottom of holes of the flag stick holes( sticky side up). I then poured lead pellets into the holes. Lastly I duct taped over the top. The added weight really makes them work much better. Thought I would pass it on.

John

Just scored a putting mat today at the golf show, $75 for a dual stimp 13.5' x 4' with the rubber edging as well. They were closing up shop and just didn't want to haul more stuff back to Denver.

Very good deal. Mine was $106 with no bumpers or dual stimp. I know you will enjoy it. I have been putting and chipping every day, waiiting for spring to come. I am from Iowa. So with an early Spring, I should be golfing in 3-4 weeks. Being 6 hours North you have probably got a little longer.

Yeah I thought it was looking good but now they are talking snow four days this week, still warm temps though.

Flurries but no snow accumulation down here. Mostly in the 40s for the next 2 weeks. So I am still hopeful for an early spring. Until then putting away!

Well, I got to go out and play today. And I have a couple comments to make about the way the birdieball can help putting. I have been focusing on my stroke while using my Birdieball. Today it was second nature on my take away and follow thru. Since the greens are slower in NW OHIO being Feb 22 I had a hard time with being short at first. The biggest thing that I noticed is this: I found it much easier to read breaks now! I have been putting on a flat surface for the last month. Well, when I got out on the green I could see the breaks much better than before. I think it's because I was so use to reading flat that it was easier to see hills. If that makes any sense. Plus I found it easier to guess the distances in feet (my putt speeds was the issue at first, I knew it was a 12' but only hit it 8'). It took about 5 holes before I had the speed down. But could easily read the breaks. Have any of you that have been practicing on your BirdieBall and gotten out on real grass since using it, found it easier to read breaks as I did?

Feeling really confident in my putting!

Well, I got to go out and play today. And I have a couple comments to make about the way the birdieball can help putting. I have been focusing on my stroke while using my Birdieball. Today it was second nature on my take away and follow thru. Since the greens are slower in NW OHIO being Feb 22 I had a hard time with being short at first. The biggest thing that I noticed is this: I found it much easier to read breaks now! I have been putting on a flat surface for the last month. Well, when I got out on the green I could see the breaks much better than before. I think it's because I was so use to reading flat that it was easier to see hills. If that makes any sense. Plus I found it easier to guess the distances in feet (my putt speeds was the issue at first, I knew it was a 12' but only hit it 8'). It took about 5 holes before I had the speed down. But could easily read the breaks. Have any of you that have been practicing on your BirdieBall and gotten out on real grass since using it, found it easier to read breaks as I did?

Feeling really confident in my putting!
I was actually thinking the same exact thing! I've been putting religiously every night and when I finally got out I am reading the greens much better and my stroke is VERY repeatable. So smooth, but the greens are slow as molasses and all lmy misses are short...

Hey THPers......I have my Birdie Ball putting green for a month now and love it! I just recieved the border yesterday and decided I like it better without it on. If anyone wants my border sections, I have 10 4' pieces, you can have them for the price of shipping. I figure it might save someone the $50 who wants to pick up this add on feature. Just send me a PM and they're yours!

Hey THPers......I have my Birdie Ball putting green for a month now and love it! I just recieved the border yesterday and decided I like it better without it on. If anyone wants my border sections, I have 10 4' pieces, you can have them for the price of shipping. I figure it might save someone the $50 who wants to pick up this add on feature. Just send me a PM and they're yours!

Not looking for borders as I have my own, but it's a nice gesture and I agree, I like mine w/o borders as well.

Back