TaylorMade RBZ Irons Review - Forum Testing

I just want to give a quick update that the testers are absolutely killing it right now. Awesome stuff guys and discussions each day make me really looking forward to reading every post in this thread.

I agree - I think this thread has been excellent. Every tester is really bringing it. Thanks, friends!

I agree - I think this thread has been excellent. Every tester is really bringing it. Thanks, friends!

Thanks to JB and SP for the kind words. I am really proud to be associated with this group of testers! We bonded from the get go and were sending pm messages to each other, about how we wanted to do our very best. We will keep working hard to honor this privilege.

Mine are scheduled to come in sometime tomorrow. I might just have to play a quick nine on Thursday between classes.

Mine are scheduled to come in sometime tomorrow. I might just have to play a quick nine on Thursday between classes.

Good for you Gage! I know you are excited to blast some balls, with your new Rocketballz irons :golf2:. Let us know how they are working for you. You don't have to be a tester to provide input so post away.

You are going to love them. Enjoy

Thanks to JB and SP for the kind words. I am really proud to be associated with this group of testers! We bonded from the get go and were sending pm messages to each other, about how we wanted to do our very best. We will keep working hard to honor this privilege.

Thanks OG - Honored as well. I have no doubt we can keep it up.

Thanks SP, hopefully giving everyone some good info

I just want to give a quick update that the testers are absolutely killing it right now. Awesome stuff guys and discussions each day make me really looking forward to reading every post in this thread.

Thanks boss, we live to serve.

Good for you Gage! I know you are excited to blast some balls, with your new Rocketballz irons :golf2:. Let us know how they are working for you. You don't have to be a tester to provide input so post away.

Thanks OG! I am beyond excited to play with these irons, and I will definitely let everybody know how they feel for me. I really appreciate the inclusion of my feedback from everybody.

For those who are lucky enough to be trying the RBZ irons,,, how do you think they compare to R11 irons?

Thanks guys.

Keep us posted!!

BTW...Taylor Made Golf just retweeted a post of mine...we may get some more followers in here!

Keep us posted!!

BTW...Taylor Made Golf just retweeted a post of mine...we may get some more followers in here!

Will do! And Frisco? Not too far from me

Anyone post a pic of the bulbous 4 or 5 from address?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Anyone post a pic of the bulbous 4 or 5 from address?

Yep, there are quite a few posted. There are some on Page #5. And Page #9.

Yep, there are quite a few posted. There are some on Page #5. And Page #9.

Thanks! On my phone there are twice as many pages. lol

Here are some pics of the 4 and 5 that I posted

Spoiler
DSC00113.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

I'm really excited to hit the range again tonight with these after the really solid range session I had last night. If my ball striking keeps up, I should see a drop in handicap quickly. These are my permanent gamers for now, and even after testing ends I plan on them being. Something really great would have to come along for me to drop these. That being said, the Cleveland 588's aer perty.

What were you playing before these? sorry if I missed it... hard to keep track what all 6 of the testers used to game.
Thanks.

FrankA...can't wait to see what happens when you put them into play.

Quick question for all the testers and those that have hit these irons. Now that we have had almost a week with these clubs, what kind of ball flight is everyone getting?

Personally, I am finding a nice high flight with the GW, PW, 9i and even 8i. Higher than my MC's. I think the 7i and 6i are right about my MC's, maybe a bit higher. Although I have not hit the 5i and 4i enogh yet, I thought it was a little lower than my MC's, but I'm going to have to take them both out again to really see.

I'm getting a high flight as well, which I love in the 4& 5 irons.

I'm seeing probably the highest flight out of all of us. On the 7-GW I see the highest possible flight without ballooning. I'm still getting pretty good distance, but I'd really like to bring the flight down some. Maybe adjusting in my stance? Idk. I already play them in the middle, so it may just be this shaft is too high launching for me. The 4-6 irons are probably a mid flight, but still higher than I'm used to. I hit the 8 and 9 irons a mile in the air. Not sure I'll be getting a lot of rollout. At best, so far they seem to take one huge hop and stop.

I'm going to take these out to a lit par 3 course and play with video. The ball flight should come out really well with the spotlights I hope!

I'm getting a high flight as well, which I love in the 4& 5 irons.

I'm going to take these out to a lit par 3 course and play with video. The ball flight should come out really well with the spotlights I hope!

So you are going to get lit up and go out and play a par 3 course huh? Be careful and watch out for the gators :bulgy-eyes:.

You young guns going out at 10:00 p.m. are really making the old man look bad in here :banghead:. Just kidding and I admire your dedication to providing the folks with feedback :thumb:

Thanks JB. We were all very excited to be chosen and we have very big shoes to fill since THP has had the best reviews anywhere on the web.

FrankA...can't wait to see what happens when you put them into play.

Quick question for all the testers and those that have hit these irons. Now that we have had almost a week with these clubs, what kind of ball flight is everyone getting?

Personally, I am finding a nice high flight with the GW, PW, 9i and even 8i. Higher than my MC's. I think the 7i and 6i are right about my MC's, maybe a bit higher. Although I have not hit the 5i and 4i enogh yet, I thought it was a little lower than my MC's, but I'm going to have to take them both out again to really see.

I'm still seeing a pretty penetrating flight, especially compared to my previous PING irons. The scoring clubs get higher of course, and have no problem holding the green.

Thanks buddy.

OG I'd be proud to take anybody to the woodshed with you and the RBZ's.

Congrats man! You're going to love them!

So you are going to get lit up and go out and play a par 3 course huh? Be careful and watch out for the gators :bulgy-eyes:.

You young guns going out at 10:00 p.m. are really making the old man look bad in here :banghead:. Just kidding and I admire your dedication to providing the folks with feedback :thumb:

Hahaha That might make it hard to provide good video when I'm having balance issues. I'm more worried about mosquitoes at this place than alligators. I leave them alone, they're pretty good at leaving me along too hehe

I'm thinking of getting these irons and trading in my AP2's, have any of you guys hit both irons and can compare against each other?

I'm thinking of getting these irons and trading in my AP2's, have any of you guys hit both irons and can compare against each other?

I can't help you with that barry however IMO, the RBZ irons would be more forgiving that the AP2 irons. It would be smart if you could hit them side by side to compare.

Also no dice on hitting the AP2's either. Best way might be to try and find somewhere that has the RBZ to try out and take your AP2's in and hit 'em at the same time.

Back