2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

I want the nike to do well so bad. But lord that Mashie looks so consistent.

great data JB...Mashie FW bag status confirmed with those numbers?

That's a good post.

I don't have any numbers, but it vastly outperformed the Baffler T-Rail for me as well.

This update is just for you artist formerly known as Kevin TM & OEM Kevin.

Today before my round I took 4 fw woods out to the back range at my course and set up the Vector for a little measuring. Keep in mind that it was a windy overcast day today, but decided to give each club 6 swings and drop the top and bottom to keep it fair. I was swinging the club pretty well today on the range, so I think the results dictate what might work best for me.

Off the tee
Adams Fast 12 - Good dispersion pattern and average was 226.3
TaylorMade RBZ - Average dispersion pattern and average was 234.6
Nike VRS - Good dispersion pattern and average was 234.3
Cleveland Mashie - Good dispersion pattern and average was 233.9

Off the turf
Adams Fast 12 - Average dispersion pattern and average was 212.4
TaylorMade RBZ - Good dispersion pattern and average was 222.6
Nike VRS - Average dispersion pattern and average was 219.7
Cleveland Mashie - Good dispersion pattern and average was 228.8

Now that is some awesome info there. My RBZ 3W is what you hear shaking in the bag. The Mashie is just solid! Sucks if you would have taken the Mashie in for the RBZ 3W challenge you'd only get one ball. I feel even better about the Mashie OEM by proxy I did today.

On another note its good to see the Adams F12 didnt do something crazy like 281 off the tee.

Those numbers pretty much confirm my feelings about how well this will do from both tee and turf. That post all but knocked out the RBZ in terms of my pondering.

Those numbers pretty much confirm my feelings about how well this will do from both tee and turf. That post all but knocked out the RBZ in terms of my pondering.

Just remember though that just because the Mashie is best for him doesnt mean the RBZ wont be best for you. I cant wait to get my Mashie 14*, should be here this week hopefully.

Just remember though that just because the Mashie is best for him doesnt mean the RBZ wont be best for you. I cant wait to get my Mashie 14*, should be here this week hopefully.

I still will be hitting both in my local shop when I get back home, but I've always struggled getting woods off of the deck, and those guiderails just seem to work for a lot of people.

I sure do appreciate you taking the time out to do this for us JB. I love #'s. There's some serious FW contenders this year. What a great time to be a fan of golf equipment.

I still will be hitting both in my local shop when I get back home, but I've always struggled getting woods off of the deck, and those guiderails just seem to work for a lot of people.

No doubt, I was just saying. I agree about the rails though, so glad they brought it over to the FW and not just on the hybrids.

I guess those rails really help off the turf.

Interesting numbers. I am looking at the F12 LP and the Mashie. I hope to do a side by side comparison this month.

Van's in Tucson has a 15.5* Mashie FW in stock and waiting for me! I am returning my 4 day old RBZ. Very excited about this club.

And there goes JB again, reaffirming everything. Glad I already have the 14* on order.

Yeah it could work or maybe not. All this Mashie 3W talk got me itching so I just pre-ordered it and now the Mashie 3W watch is ON.
I fell to the pressure also LOL. Just ordered the 5-Wood to replace the Mashie 2M in the bag. Have always had an issue with hitting fwds off the deck. Hoping that this will do the trick!
Ship date: 02.09.2012 Kewl!

Last edited:
So let me get this straight: Kmac preorders a Mashie 3wood, then gets a text from a buddy at a golf shop that stocks them, so he bought that one too. That my friends is the epitome of OEM'ing. So Kmac, what are you going to do with 2 of them?

Somehow I've managed to miss a lot of this thread. I just caught up and now want a Mashie FW. The RBZ was a huge let down, so I'm now in heavy ponder mode. As soon as the golf shop gets a stiff demo, I'm hitting the range.

So let me get this straight: Kmac preorders a Mashie 3wood, then gets a text from a buddy at a golf shop that stocks them, so he bought that one too. That my friends is the epitome of OEM'ing. So Kmac, what are you going to do with 2 of them?

My friend I will work my magic.

I wonder what KMac would do if the buddy that bought the fw decided to keep it for himself?

I wonder what KMac would do if the buddy that bought the fw decided to keep it for himself?

This crossed my mind. I can only hope he doesnt get curious and "test drive" it. I'll never see it. It could happen though lol

This crossed my mind. I can only hope he doesnt get curious and "test drive" it. I'll never see it. It could happen though lol

hahaha. The guy is probably sitting in his office staring at a 14* stiff Mashie FW and drooling. He's probably thinking he wants to take it out back and poke a few balls into the river, lol.

This update is just for you artist formerly known as Kevin TM & OEM Kevin.

Today before my round I took 4 fw woods out to the back range at my course and set up the Vector for a little measuring. Keep in mind that it was a windy overcast day today, but decided to give each club 6 swings and drop the top and bottom to keep it fair. I was swinging the club pretty well today on the range, so I think the results dictate what might work best for me.

Off the tee
Adams Fast 12 - Good dispersion pattern and average was 226.3
TaylorMade RBZ - Average dispersion pattern and average was 234.6
Nike VRS - Good dispersion pattern and average was 234.3
Cleveland Mashie - Good dispersion pattern and average was 233.9

Off the turf
Adams Fast 12 - Average dispersion pattern and average was 212.4
TaylorMade RBZ - Good dispersion pattern and average was 222.6
Nike VRS - Average dispersion pattern and average was 219.7
Cleveland Mashie - Good dispersion pattern and average was 228.8

That is some great info JB...were those all with the stock stiff shafts? Nike - 15 deg, TM - 15 deg, Mashie - 14 deg, and Adams - 15 deg, right?

Really interesting how little distance was lost off the turf vs the tee with the Mashie compared to the others. I am also in full on ponder mode, just wonder if the 14 deg will launch high enough for me, or if the 15.5 is needed.

That is correct AD. All standard stiff across the board.

That is some great info JB...were those all with the stock stiff shafts? Nike - 15 deg, TM - 15 deg, Mashie - 14 deg, and Adams - 15 deg, right?

Really interesting how little distance was lost off the turf vs the tee with the Mashie compared to the others. I am also in full on ponder mode, just wonder if the 14 deg will launch high enough for me, or if the 15.5 is needed.

I'm wondering the same thing Donne. I struggle with fw's off the deck and think the Mashie will be just what I need, but am also unsure of loft. I hope my local course has a Cleveland demo day very soon. Very soon.

Back