Nike Lunar Ascend Golf Shoe - PGA Show Video

Ok, got the shoes in today:
The good:
Looks great in person.
Sole is great on grass. Feels as grippy as a golf shoe with spikes, but more comfortable.
Looks sturdy, like it'll last many rounds!

The bad:
They run a size bigger from what I can tell. I have Nike free running shoes and the size 12 fits me a bit snug. All my other running shoes are 12Wide, so I was excited to see that this shoe is being offered in wide - which Nike doesn't normally do - but the shoe is very long. I am going to send mine back for a 11.5.
So definitely try one on before you buy online and make sure what size fits you.

To answer a question about the sole and how long it will last as a day to say shoe, I would not recommend wearing this shoe everywhere. The sole is made of a pretty hard plastic. I don't think it'll grip well on slippery surfaces, and imagine walking on asphalt or other harsher surfaces would eat up the plastic sole rather quick.

At $100 I plan on wearing these to the course and range only. Although if you have to run a quick errand before or after a round you could definitely do it on these shoes without looking weird.

I have these and they're great. Very comfortable, just behind the ecco biom hybrids. The sole is a harder plastic so I don't know about wearing then off the course. I'd think you could possibly slip on wet concrete. They did feel a touch long in the toe, so I'd try them on before you purchase. Not gonna say they run a size larger, but definetly try before you buy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Good feedback guys on the sole. That was something I was curious about and just how hard that plastic was.

I saw them in the PGA Superstore this last weekend and didn't care for them at all. I'm not a big Nike fan to begin with and these didn't do anything for me. Could be it was that they just had a funky color out and that's the only pair they had in stock.

I dont know if theres any good pics, but i can snap a few off if anyone would like.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looks like golftown has a bunch of these in now and I hope they fit/feel comfortable. I'm up to a silly amount of options that just haven't worked out.

Neat video JB. The rep sounds rather proud of these shoes.

I picked up a pair of these and have used them for one round so far. I was using the Air Rates and these are miles better. Absolutely love them, very comfortable, extremely light, I really like them so far.

I can't find these dang things anywhere to try em on. We have Las Vegas Golf and Tennis and they have a poor selection, and as far as I know Dick's doesn't have em (at least from looking online). There's a new Nike Factory store that opened and they don't carry golf shoes. Anyone seen em at Dick's?

went to GG last night to check out some stuff and saw these. they look pretty cool and are super light. but they are just to flexible for me. dunno i think i just like a little more support but thats why i didn't like their last sneaker golf shoe, sucks cause i really wanted to like them... but if you're looking for a super light shoe i was amazed at how little they weighed.

went to GG last night to check out some stuff and saw these. they look pretty cool and are super light. but they are just to flexible for me.
I have to agree with this. Nice shoe but they've gone a touch too thin on the siding and it's really easy to sway back and forth. So sad since it was the closest thing to a fitting golf shoe I've ever tried.

Back