2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Is this like a birdie chirping? Tell me more. :D

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

No, it was all outlined originally (the best it could be until the final teams are announced) (and matchups).
What I was saying was that all the talk of "it doesnt matter" is not the same as it has been in previous outings. While some might not care, others might and at the end of hte day, there is a competition going on.

I agree jb . I know this is my first one and I want to have fun. But when I'm on the course im playing to win and not going to act like its just another round

Just relax Matty, there is only pressure if you put the pressure on yourself. We are all there to have fun and relax. And if you happen to hit the first tee shot off to the woods, who really cares? Go to the ball, take the drop and hit the best shot you can and continue.

This is great advice WR!! I'm going to use it too if you don't mind. We are out there to have fun. Heck I played with some THPer's and duffed 2 in a row off the first tee. Then the guy by the tee box says to me "there's a drop spot up there". So I said " you could have told me before I hit the second ball." We all laughed. And I continued on to the drop zone for my 5th shot. LOL

No, it was all outlined originally (the best it could be until the final teams are announced) (and matchups).
What I was saying was that all the talk of "it doesnt matter" is not the same as it has been in previous outings. While some might not care, others might and at the end of hte day, there is a competition going on.

Ahhh....gotcha! It does matter to me, I wanna win. Guess I am just a little excited to hear all those details about the competition but I know they will come in due time.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Of course there is competition JB but I would think it still be friendly competition and not cut throat. We can still all be supportive of one another, kinda like the scramble last year. Once of the nicest parts of the outing was everyone on the 18th green waiting for team Bushwhackers to finish up and the hugs and cheers when TC sunk that putt. Just like in the MC when Hackers and Paradise members sat and celebrated after the event was over. It is what THP is all about, the enjoyment of golf.

This is great advice WR!! I'm going to use it too if you don't mind. We are out there to have fun. Heck I played with some THPer's and duffed 2 in a row off the first tee. Then the guy by the tee box says to me "there's a drop spot up there". So I said " you could have told me before I hit the second ball." We all laughed. And I continued on to the drop zone for my 5th shot. LOL

Use it as you want bullfrog!!!

Being supportive after the fact and remembering its a competition are two different things. It means more to some than it will to others, but to some its not just a relaxing round of golf, but a competitive round where there are stakes involved. That does not mean one cannot be supportive. And while some enjoyed that round at last years location, it was not really part of the outing and not everybody was involved. It was not the same thing in my opinion and certainly not the same people involved.

The 2012 outing is a full scale competition with a bunch of teams trying to win. That does not mean one cannot have fun, but to some others, they enjoy competition more than a casual round of golf and when we asked, it seemed more enjoyed the competition side than did not.

You are correct JB and we all eagerly wait to learn of the new teams and the rules of the competition for 2012.

Friendly or competitive doesn't really matter, team thp is going down.

--
tapatalk

Being supportive after the fact and remembering its a competition are two different things. It means more to some than it will to others, but to some its not just a relaxing round of golf, but a competitive round where there are stakes involved. That does not mean one cannot be supportive. And while some enjoyed that round at last years location, it was not really part of the outing and not everybody was involved. It was not the same thing in my opinion and certainly not the same people involved.

The 2012 outing is a full scale competition with a bunch of teams trying to win. That does not mean one cannot have fun, but to some others, they enjoy competition more than a casual round of golf and when we asked, it seemed more enjoyed the competition side than did not.

Aha! There will be pressure! Perhaps we won't be taking any of the demo clubs out for further "testing" during the competition. I'm choking already!

[/B]Aha! There will be pressure! Perhaps we won't be taking any of the demo clubs out for further "testing" during the competition. I'm choking already!

That is the beauty of it and would always levels the field. Everybody is always playing new things.

I'm just excited were 3 months away. The gf is too. She's tired of me talking about it lol

I'm playing cut throat golf at the outing! Even getting my neck cut in order to do it!! LOL

I'm playing cut throat golf at the outing! Even getting my neck cut in order to do it!! LOL

Now that's sticking your neck out on a limb for the game of golf. git ur done and heal up quick.

Shark- I am open to which ever irons I hit best. My fitter has a pretty big fitting cart so which ever works out is what I will buy.

As for competition, I love it. When I play any game/sport I play to win but I also try and have fun. I can be serious but still have fun.

just a little reminder for when you're packing for the Outing

From AirfareWatchdog's 'Confession of a Baggage Handler'

How do bags get damaged?

I’m not going to lie, your checked luggage takes a beating. They call it “throwing bags” for a reason. There isn’t an easy way around this. Airplanes are only making money while in the air and no airline wants an airplane on the ground too long. Due to the nature of some aircraft, it would be impossible to turn around a 737 or 757 in an hour or less without throwing bags because it’s just faster. On these planes, there are only two long and narrow cargo holds where your luggage goes. One agent puts the bags on the belt loader, which carries it up to an agent inside the cargo hold who throws it 50 feet to the back where another agent stacks all the bags as if it were a game of Tetris. Wheels and handles oftentimes break or crack on impact and anything fragile inside that is not packed well doesn’t stand much of a chance. Don’t put red wine or alcohol in your suitcase ever. I would never check any fragile items in a soft sided suitcase, unless it was professionally packaged. Those fragile stickers don’t get noticed very often in the rush of loading bags unless it is an obvious shape, such as a musical instrument. I am a musician so I take special care of those, but not everyone is a musician. Bags can also get damaged by loose ends getting caught in the belt, which can tear off straps, zippers, or handles. Handles also break off many times if the bag is packed extremely heavy and we try to pick it up by the handle. One good thing about the larger aircraft (747, 767, 777, 787, etc.) is that they are all loaded by machines. Your bags are just put in a can and that can is loaded on the plane by machine so there is no bag throwing. So theoretically there’s a better chance of your bag coming out unscathed if you fly in one of those jets.

Im playing MB's for the competition so everyone can just stand down now!

But what shafts?

Stock stiff bro! I can't wait for that part of the demo day. Hitting all different kinds of shafts! I'm obsessed lately.

Booked my flight this morning. 282 RT MCI-MCO on Delta. Land 1130ish Thurs afternoon and depart 530ish Sun pm.

Tadashi - Please put me down for joining the gang for a round thurs afternoon.

The demo day thread is coming soon.

Just catching up from the weekend and saw this post, and my excitment jumped immediately. Once the list starts, it seems to grow on an almost daily basis, and it is unbelievable.

My flight arrives noonish, I'd like to play an afternoon round also

Sent from my DROID X2

My flight arrives noonish, I'd like to play an afternoon round also

Sent from my DROID X2

For those planning on a Thursday afternoon round, I'd be interested in joining in. I'll keep an eye peeled for any developments.

Looks like a few of us are getting to MCO between 11 and 12, defiantly down for the afternoon round. I think my flight gets in around 11:05am Thursday.

For those planning on a Thursday afternoon round, I'd be interested in joining in. I'll keep an eye peeled for any developments.

I have a list of Wednesday and Thursday golfers. I'll put something out as we get closer

Tadashi, sorry if I missed it, but what time is the Thursday round looking to be at?

Back