Playing With ________ Girl Or Guy.

i played with "the talker"
nice guy but holy moly he wouldnt shut up

I played in a scramble a few weeks back with the guy that "just missed every shot" and then he wanted to tell everyone else how to hit every shot......"now aim at the bunker because we are on a side hill and that's gonna make the ball go left"..."try to hit the putt to finish 12 inches behind the cup"...."you wanna keep this one low and out of the wind"....it went on and on and on....and to make it worse I can't remember using a single one of his shots the whole day.

I played with the "I play better with alcohol guy" last month and boy was he right! lol!

I played with the "I will not shut up about my job" guy over the weekend.

Guy was a real estate agent and he went on to tell me about all of the local listings he had and everything.

Played with 'Serious' guy the other day, he was not very good but was very serious about it. I think he said three words the whole time, grunted a few times when I said nice shot (which didn't happen much). He insisted on playing the back tees even though his tee shots were shorter and more crooked than mine. I think he hit one fairway all day. Then after a triple on a fairly easy par 4 he started slamming clubs and cussing after shots. He fit my category of not good enough to be getting mad about his game, instead of getting mad he should just practice more.

Annoying golfer of the day! What's your stories?

Annoying golfer of the day! What's your stories?

Ever seen the Wilson Staff commercial with that really annoying guy hitting the blades? I think I found his twin today. Was out for a brisk 9 and was cruising around and ran into a 5some. Well they say I can play through or play with them so I just join in with only 2 holes left.

So the first hole he pushes drive right, 2nd shot right of green, chip is in fringe, par putt is short, and he makes a nice 6 footer for "PAR" this guy said he was playing even through 4 then was "three over" through 8. We get to 18 (my 9th) drive is good, he grabs his blade pitching wedge because he loves hitting his blades! Hits a nice shot to the green and 3 putts to finish his round at "3 over" I am glad I only had to play 2 holes with him. The other thing he did was improve his lie each shot even if in the rough this just annoys the hell out of me! I always play it as it lies unless otherwise stated.

I've actually got no problem with lie fluffers. On my course it is kinda expected, the ground is so irregular that you can be dead center of the fairway and have a HORRIBLE lie.

Played with "talk in back swing" guy today. It was pretty funny cause he kept trying to talk to me while my buddy was setting up. I'd silently nod while he just chatted away.

Played with commentating guy today.

Played with cell phone guy yesterday.

Played with one of those guys yesterday

Played with one of those guys yesterday

I went out yesterday afternoon to get a round in. When I was walking into the club house three guys were teeing off. I get out to the tee box and do my Jimenez warm up then tee off by myself. Those guys were just hitting into the green so I was in no hurry. I hit my first ball and it was fine so I decide to hit another to see if I could do it again. Anyway I got through the hole quick as I parred it. The guys in front of me saw that I was on my way so they wave me over to play with them. As I get out one guy hit a bad shot and I could hear "the guy" say you did not get your hips through the ball. I step up and hit a monster drive down the middle. We drive off to the balls and " the guys" ball is off the side of the fairway. "HE" hits his second and puts it 30yds down the fairway. I get to mine and just put it short of the flag. HE pulls his third shot left of the green. He then walks over to his friend and tells him how to chip. To keep from a hole by hole replay, he continued to "teach" his buddy how to play the entire front nine. His buddy only plays a few times a year and just having some fun and I never heard him ask what to do to hit the ball but you would have thought "the guy" was a pro as you listened to him teach him anyway. "HE" hit the ball all over the place and did not even finish a couple of holes it was so bad! I was keeping quiet and having a very good round and just laughing inside. Thankfully when we got to number 9, I saw a really good friend of mine with his sons playing and I went and joined them. I learned alot from " the guy" yesterday:D

I hate "that guy"....I played with "the guy" a few months ago...he continued to tell me what I was doing wrong as I shot 81 and he didn't break 100!!

That's always great entertainment.
Glad you got an out when your friend showed up.

My favorite guy is the guy wo doesn't know his own yardages. All he knows is that he hits two clubs more than you. If you hit an 8, he hits a 6. I always f_ _ k with that guy. I tell him that I am thinking about hitting a 3 wood "just to make sure I get there". Or tell him, I grabbed my 6 iron. Then when he hits it way over, I say, "Did I say 6? I read it wrong. It was my 9."

My favorite guy is the guy wo doesn't know his own yardages. All he knows is that he hits two clubs more than you. If you hit an 8, he hits a 6. I always f_ _ k with that guy. I tell him that I am thinking about hitting a 3 wood "just to make sure I get there". Or tell him, I grabbed my 6 iron. Then when he hits it way over, I say, "Did I say 6? I read it wrong. It was my 9."

You are evil blugold, but I like what you did. :thumb:

When I play in league (I am a sub), if I take out the laser on a par three, I'll sometimes say out loud "It's 181" and then walk back to the cart where my team is and say loudly for all to hear "I told them 181 but it's really 143. They are going to hit it way over."

When I play in league (I am a sub), if I take out the laser on a par three, I'll sometimes say out loud "It's 181" and then walk back to the cart where my team is and say loudly for all to hear "I told them 181 but it's really 143. They are going to hit it way over."

You are a little skeet-rag smalls!

today i played with the "tour pro"
this guy was really nice but the way he played omg
dude would pace out chip shots and circle the whole green to read 3" putts
that dude needed to be put on the clock lol
he wasnt a bad player but he sure wasnt good enough to do all that junk

today i played with the "tour pro"
this guy was really nice but the way he played omg
dude would pace out chip shots and circle the whole green to read 3" putts
that dude needed to be put on the clock lol
he wasnt a bad player but he sure wasnt good enough to do all that junk

That's when you go ahead and putt out and head to the next tee.

the "i used to be really good at this game, but i decided to go for a proffessional career in baseball. after that, i did 30 years of construction, so my back is kinda tweaked and it's hard to swing correctly" guy. note: he was about 40.

I played with my roommate and two buddies, all of whom suck at golf. My two buddies were fine, my roommate is "drive the cart around during your set up and swing guy" and "can't put his phone on silent so it doesn't go off mid-stroke of my 10 foot birdie putt guy."

I didn't say anything to miss because it was a round for us all just to have fun, but I was pissed, and the guy riding in my cart with me knew all about it haha.

I played with WTF are you doing guy. After every bad shot he would bellow out a loud forced laugh you know the harsh HAHA type people on the other fairways could hear this guy. Even stranger was this is recomended from his coach and he shot over 100 so there was lots of it on every hole very had to block out and play my game.

Blugold that is great. My brother does this with me. He always takes one club less than me because he knows that if I hit a 6 he will get the same with a 7. I might mess with him next time we play by doing the same thing you did.

Back