Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very, very true. Also (off topic) VC was one of the best in-game dunkers professional basketball has ever seen, that man know(s) how to throw it down.

I think he may own 3 of the top 10 in-game dunks of all time. He was so damn good at it.

I'm not that impressed with Griffin's quasi-dunk, it was a nice play but there have been much better.

I'm not that impressed with Griffin's quasi-dunk, it was a nice play but there have been much better.

Considering he was hit on his way up and he still had the strength to continue his jump to make it to a climax height where he was able to, literally, throw it through the basket is sort of better then just a 'nice play'. Imo it was one of the better plays we've seen this year, but with that said we're only like 20 games deep.

It was barely a dunk. Hell he was about 2" from missing it. Great athletic play, yes great dunk no.

This condensed season makes it tough to keep up with all of the good plays. I think Blake's rep helps him with plays like this, he definitely is one of ESPN's favorites, well deserved mind you.

I agree I love watching his highlights. Dude is just an animal and so full of energy. People just need to stop with this "dunk" that he never even touched the rim on.

I agree I love watching his highlights. Dude is just an animal and so full of energy. People just need to stop with this "dunk" that he never even touched the rim on.

Agreed. Same with Howard's "Superman" dunk. Same issue. A dunk is where you throw the ball through the rim with force as you grab onto the rim. I love earth-shattering dunks when you question whether or not the rim will be coming off.

You do realize that you don't have to touch the rim for it to be considered a dunk, right?

Steel Tappin'

You do realize that you don't have to touch the rim for it to be considered a dunk, right?

Steel Tappin'

One of those things thats completely up the person that's viewing it. I like Blake Griffin a ton, but I don't consider what he did a dunk. Sure it was a cool play, but nowhere near the "best dunk of all time" that some people were exclaiming on TV or twitter. Thats a complete disrespect to a lot of guys.

If Blake goes out and does this, I'll give him all the props he wants.

I don't count it as a dunk either, but in certain situations it could be more impressive then a dunk. Dwight's at the dunk contest wasn't more impressive, Blake's possibly could have been. Call it what you want, dunk, throw, aggressive floater, it takes athleticism and precision to do and should be appreciated, and I'm glad Blake is getting props for it.

One of those things thats completely up the person that's viewing it. I like Blake Griffin a ton, but I don't consider what he did a dunk. Sure it was a cool play, but nowhere near the "best dunk of all time" that some people were exclaiming on TV or twitter. Thats a complete disrespect to a lot of guys.

Well, a bunch of those people are current and former NBA players...i dont think anyone is feeling much disrespect, except for maybe kendric perkins...

Anyway... "if you cant slam with the best, then jam with the rest."-charles barkley

Blake made a glorified short jumper. :D

Rip Hamilton is out indefinately. No good for the Bulls. Yes good for the rest of the East.

Blake made a glorified short jumper. :D

Rip Hamilton is out indefinately. No good for the Bulls. Yes good for the rest of the East.

No big deal for em. They need him for the playoffs, that's where he'll make a difference. They should be fine.

No big deal for em. They need him for the playoffs, that's where he'll make a difference. They should be fine.

Yeah but we don't know what indefinately is. Could be the rest of the season. And he may not recover fully because of the condensed schedule. We shall see.

^^^ That's the side of me that doesn't like the Bulls for no reason speaking.

CJ could just take his place, or Bulls could go with a big line-up and The White Mamba could see some more playing time.. :clapp: I can hear the crowd chanting now..

Brian Scalabrine should play 48 minutes per game.

He's a pimp. I definitely think he should get more minutes. He came to a couple of my HS basketball practices back when he was with NJ.

That's epic. He's one of my favorite players ever.

Lob city in utah right now. It took 6sec for LAC to get their first oop....3 in the first 2 minutes.

Scalabrine for all-star team? I would buy a jersey probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back