Ping Berriliyum Copper Irons

Custom Method

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys. My dad has a full set of 3-SW old ping ISI BeCu irons and we were wondering how much they are really worth. They are all the same serial number, 1 in long and green dot. I guess they are pretty rare since it's illegal to make them because BeCu is very toxic in liquid form. I have seen them on the bay from 350-500. Thanks for any info guys.

Yessir

I take care of the Ping collecting Facebook page and I often get messages and postings about value. In all honesty, they have some value, but Ping collecting today is not what it was 15 to 20 years ago. Hard to put a firm value number on any older Pings today. With them being BeCu, they will always have more value. You can search completed auctions at eBay to get some idea what they are currently bringing. Seeing them for sale for $350 is not the same as seeing them sold for $350. Rare.....well they made several thousand sets of these. Many are still out there. My best guess, and it is just a guess would be in the $250 to $300 range. Great irons BTW! I'm sure they would sell quickly if the price is right. Just do some research before setting a price and sell them where they will get the most looks.

I hit those irons for about 8 years and loved them. I don't remember what I got as trade-in value for them in 2003, but I'm sure it wasn't close to $350.

With the current scrap price of copper, they might be worth more as scrap.

That would be a teavesty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My feeling as well as far as value. The fact that they are green dot somewhat limits your market, especially as no one wants to bend these anymore.

I take care of the Ping collecting Facebook page and I often get messages and postings about value. In all honesty, they have some value, but Ping collecting today is not what it was 15 to 20 years ago. Hard to put a firm value number on any older Pings today. With them being BeCu, they will always have more value. You can search completed auctions at eBay to get some idea what they are currently bringing. Seeing them for sale for $350 is not the same as seeing them sold for $350. Rare.....well they made several thousand sets of these. Many are still out there. My best guess, and it is just a guess would be in the $250 to $300 range. Great irons BTW! I'm sure they would sell quickly if the price is right. Just do some research before setting a price and sell them where they will get the most looks.

My feeling as well as far as value. The fact that they are green dot somewhat limits your market, especially as no one wants to bend these anymore.

To a collector, lie dot color will not matter, plus they are pretty easy to bend and adjust.

We will not bend them anymore - they are less ductile than the steel heads thus breaking much easier. If the set has been played much, I don't see many collectors lining up for it.

To a collector, lie dot color will not matter, plus they are pretty easy to bend and adjust.

Back